Stupid sacking!

Was getting bored playing my PSG save so i decided to resign having won 6 consecutive league titles, 4 champions league titles, 4 world club champions titles, and around 20 other cup competitions. Now this isn't a brag, i'm merely illustrating it to add some context for what i'm about to type next. 

So as i mention i resigned, i applied for some big jobs, but got turned down 3 times, Bayern rejected me, so did A.Madrid and to top it off Ajax also gave me a wide berth. OK that's fine, i accepted it as maybe my style of play, which is direct and fast i might add, wasn't suited to their club philosophy. Anyway i digress.

The Roma job becomes available, they are languishing in 14th position after 17 games. This is the challenge i need. I apply. I get the job. 

Their squad is atrocious and they have no budget so i set about clearing the deadwood so i can afford to buy players. After some much needed spring cleaning i manage to muster up 35m and put it to good use by signing some promising youngsters, all Italian which i might add too. 

It all seems to click, its beautiful - we storm up the league and manage to finish in a really respectable 4th position qualifying for the europa league, only 1 point behind Inter Milan who grab the last CL place. 

I'm thinking next season we can really challenge here with a few astute additions. End of season review comes from the board and i'm flabbergasted to hear they are not happy with my performance, i literally have to beg to keep my job.  They set a points target of 13 points from the first 5 games. I cross my fingers and hope the fixture list is kind. 

What do i get? 

Napoli away, Juve home, Bari away, Lazio home and Inter away. Just my luck

I manage to sneak a late winner away against Napoli, we win 2-1. Big sigh of relief

Juve at home is tough, 0-0 with 5 minutes to go, i grab an 89th min winner. Happy days

Bari away is much more comfortable, i win at a canter, 4-1. Lovely jubbly.

Home to our fierce rivals Lazio, we sneak out an even matched game, 2-1. Fans go home happy.

So there we have it, 4 win form 4 games, 12 points and sitting top of the league. We travel to Inter next. 

As you've already probably guessed by now, we end up losing,  only by 1-0 but nonetheless a loss is a loss is a loss.

Immediately after the game i am sacked. WTF! 

Not only that, i'm ripped to shreds in the media, how i failed as a manager, how my team were awful, poor morale in the dressing room, bad results etc. It is simply not true. I actually had a really good win percentage. I think i only lost 3/4 games in 28 games. And for a side that is rebuilding i think that is pretty good. I took theM from 14th to 4th in the league having already been 17 games into the season. 

Having looked at their previous 5 league finishes it read something like: 9th, 11th, 9th, 12th and 7th so they weren't exactly tearing it up and they sack me in 2nd position, 2 points behind the leader. I'm sorry i know there have been some crazy sackings IRL but this just seems crazy to me. 

All i can do is console myself with the fact that they don't deserve me to manage their team!  

That sounds like a bug with the expectation. However, going by the fact that Italy only has three CL places, I'm going to hazard a guess you're playing an old version of the game? Possible it's FM18 and they've slipped to 5th in the coefficient rankings though.

What were the boards expectations in the first season, from that it sounds like you said you'd qualify for the Champions League, which would be why the board would have been unhappy with you, whilst the points thing would be an edge case as whilst you are top of the league you did fail to get the amount of points they requested, which means from their point of view you have narrowly failed twice.

If you still have a save game from before the sacking then it might be worth uploading it to the bugs forum so SI can have a look at it, though these things also depend on your board some can be more forgiving than others.

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah as said above would be worth checking out the save. You didn't make any promises to the board at any point about anything did you?

I don’t think I did. Only opportunity could have been in the interview process. I’d have to check but I might have said I’d end up winning the league for them, but I didn’t mean in the season I took over, we were in 14th position at the time. If it was an option maybe that is a bug in itself, I mean it was virtually impossible to do so surely it shouldn’t give you the option to say you could do it. 

hace 26 minutos, Liamgannon dijo:

I’d have to check but I might have said I’d end up winning the league for them, but I didn’t mean in the season I took over

well...is like players crying for not taking all the penalties even though they had a broken leg, anything that you promise is a right now stuff, unless you promise a player play time after x seasons of development.

Archived