Official FM09: Good Midfielder's Thread

SeanH91

I'm managing Bayern at the moment but choose to use this thread instead of the Munich thread in hope to get more feedback. Halfway through the season my chairman decided to accept a €62M offer from Real Madrid for Ribery.

Now i need a replacement for the french man. I played Ribery on the left wing with a free role. Want to spend 20-30M

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, can't decide if I buy Veloso and move Camacho to CM or buy Kuzmanovic and just play Camacho as DM...It seems Camacho is as great a CM as he is a DM, so what do you guys think? Buy Veloso and use him as a DM and Camacho as a CM, or buy Kuzmanovic and use him as a CM and Camacho as a DM?

want Strong defensive DMC ( E.g Patrick Vieira type )

Name: Hernanes

Nationality: Brazillian

Club: Sao Paulo

Position: in my game dmc/mc/amc/st also ml amd aml, also competent at rm, and v/strong both feet. It is 2016 in my game though and retrained him in 1 or two positions after I signed him (sorry, can't remember which ones)

Value: not sure for start of game, 9 million now though.

Sale Value: 16 million pounds (in 2010)

Work Permit Needed?: Yes but got one no probs when i signed him for my celtic team.

This guy helped me get 5 titles on the spin and I'd highly recommend him, if you can afford his asking price.

just want to say that Dzagoev become ace after a few seasons. buy him early and develop.

also Christoffer Berntzen - you get him for 100k or so. 16 years old and have absolutely massive potential.

same goes for Marius Skjæveland from Bodø/Glimt

Bruins is also killer. im building my blackburn team around him, and it is starting to get results. and make sure you get daniel aquino and oscar cardozo on top (i know its not the striker thread). :)

nigel de jong....

was a wild card choice for me to partner cahill in midfield first season at everton...

as a brute enforcer he's a legend.... cleans up any loose ball, stops all attacks coming his way and doesnt put a fut wrong... also has a penchant for bull like charges into the opposition area and laying off some brilliant passes... highly recommended

cost me 9mil but worth every penny

Name: Lorik Cana

Nationality: Albania

Club: Olympique Marseille

Position: DMC (N), DC, MC (Acc.)

Value: Paid £10m

Sale Value: offered £30m after 1 season, Man U (Rejected & sold following season for £14.5 - Utd)

Work Permit Needed?: i forget

canaCLteam.jpg

Name: Nigel De Jong

Nationality: Dutch

Club: HSV

Position: DMC (N), MC (Acc.)

Value: got him free 1/7/2010

Sale Value: SOLD to Barcelona for £37.5m 1/7/2011

Work Permit Needed?: N

Name: Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Nationality: Serbian

Club: Fiorentina

Position: MC (N)

Value: paid £19m

Sale Value: priceless

Work Permit Needed?: i think so

2010/11

WorldTeam.jpg

2011/12

bestplayer-1.jpg

Name: Sunny

Nationality: Spanish

Club: Valencia

Position: DM, MC (N)

Value: would've paid £25, got him for £8m

Sale Value: irreplaceable until the mutant regens start coming through

Work Permit Needed?: N

Name: Marek Hamsik

Nationality: Slovakian

Club: Napoli

Position: MC

Value: Around 6mil

Sale Value: 16.75mil

Work Permit Needed?: No

I know he has been mentioned abit but he is still underrated, i always sign him he is easilly the best young midfielder on the game.

Name: Steven Defour

Nationality: Belgium

Club: Standard

Position: MC

Value: Around 5mil

Sale Value: 9.5mil (beginning of season)

Name: Witsel

Nationality: Belgium

Club: Standard

Position: MC/AMC

Value: Around 5mil

Sale Value: 15mil (beginning of season)

Wonder why no one mention these 2 guys....

Name: Jack Wilshere

Nationality: English

Club: Arsenal

Position: AMLRC

Value: Depends what season you are in

Sale Value: I paid £13 million in the 3rd season but have seen him go for £5 million good to loan for a lower prem team aswell

Great player just as good in the middle as he is on the right wing or even the left wing. Easily the best English prospect in my opinion.

Im just about to start 2nd season with west ham and need a centre midfielder, have raised about 12m from sales but can adjust that to higher. At the moment I have Parker, Hemdani(who was my fans player of the year), noble and collison (who both tbh aint good enough). I have also trained Behrami into that position. Kuzmanovic has jus gone to Man U though for 9m :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

got about 20 million want a youngish one who gerrard can tutor then when he hangs his boots this one can slot straight in and replace him alot to ask for o know haha

Search for Simon Vukcevic. Born 1986, can play both AMC & AML, long shots 20, technique, corners, crossing, first touch, free kicks 18. no work permit needed, bought for around €10m in july 2009 :thup:

got about 20 million want a youngish one who gerrard can tutor then when he hangs his boots this one can slot straight in and replace him alot to ask for o know haha

Jack Wilshere is your man if you were lucky with his PA scout him first to find out. He is a wicked box to box midfielder on my Sunderland save helped me win the prem title and champions league. He steps up in big games and at the moment also chips in with 4-5 tackles a game and he is English.

hey guys need some help, i got franco zuculini but his stats dont realli seem as gd as ppl say, and i have cobo as well in the dmc position, however i still think i should find a more solid dmc, i have 4.8 mil pounds left and using reading in 2nd season after winning championship, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am looking for an attacking central midfielder that can thread those wonderful long through balls through as well as burst forward and finish. Oh and a consistent performer :p Hope I'm not asking for too much...

OK I'm playing as the mighty Blackburn Rovers.

Dunn is a dud on this game he's awful (Rovers researcher sort it out)

I have a cool 10M burning a hole in my pocket, but I can't find what I want.

I need a aMC who's an all-rounder. 1st season so have tried Hamski, Moutinho, Riquleme (they want 16M) but none want to join any suggestions??

thanks in advance.

I'm looking for someone in the scholes mould with regard to passing/through balls, is Neves that good or close to being?

Yes, he is good. You've got Anderson have you not though?

OK I'm playing as the mighty Blackburn Rovers.

Dunn is a dud on this game he's awful (Rovers researcher sort it out)

I have a cool 10M burning a hole in my pocket, but I can't find what I want.

I need a aMC who's an all-rounder. 1st season so have tried Hamski, Moutinho, Riquleme (they want 16M) but none want to join any suggestions??

thanks in advance.

Thiago Neves, Ederson, Diego Buonanotte, D'Alessandro, Matias Fernandez? Take a look at them.

Yes, he is good. You've got Anderson have you not though?

Thiago Neves, Ederson, Diego Buonanotte, D'Alessandro, Matias Fernandez? Take a look at them.

thanks Hopey sorry though I think I've got it wrong I didn't mean a attacking midfielder, but a central midfielder who is attack minded. Thought a small "a" symbolised that as I've seen it a few times my mistake.

A cheaper Fabregas if you like.

Archived