Official FM09: Good Midfielder's Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I ask for suggestions for a good defensive MC for Paris SG. He will play as a MC with a back arrow.

Patch: 9.20

I am currently in 10/11 season (4th season), have won Ligue 1 twice running and been knocked out by Barca twice in CL. I have £20M to spend

I played Makelele for two seasons, then replaced him after much thought with Matuidui from St Etienne. He had a very good season (called up for France etc) and now traded him for Alex Teixeira (AM/S R/L/C), who played for Sevilla (transfer-listed at £14.75M).

Now, I need a very good DMC who can tackle, mark, pass, has generally very good mental attributes (see Makelele if you wanna see some crazy-good mental stats). It helps if he is strong, has stamina and pace (always welcome). My youngster Sankharé has only tackling 11 and marking 9, unfortunately.

There are two problems that any suggestions should take into account:

1) PSG play in France and it seems that in FM09 it is harder than in FM08 to attract player to lower rep leagues. So it is generally difficult to get the best players from Italy, England and Spain. Even from lower rep clubs that don't play in Europe like Sampdoria, Betis and Sunderland etc.

2) Most of the known super-DMC:s are already playing for big clubs or have a bif rep (Camacho, Palombo, Hamsik, Diarra, Scneiderlin etc).

Thanks!

May I ask for suggestions for a good defensive MC for Paris SG. He will play as a MC with a back arrow.

Patch: 9.20

I am currently in 10/11 season (4th season), have won Ligue 1 twice running and been knocked out by Barca twice in CL. I have £20M to spend

I played Makelele for two seasons, then replaced him after much thought with Matuidui from St Etienne. He had a very good season (called up for France etc) and now traded him for Alex Teixeira (AM/S R/L/C), who played for Sevilla (transfer-listed at £14.75M).

Now, I need a very good DMC who can tackle, mark, pass, has generally very good mental attributes (see Makelele if you wanna see some crazy-good mental stats). It helps if he is strong, has stamina and pace (always welcome). My youngster Sankharé has only tackling 11 and marking 9, unfortunately.

There are two problems that any suggestions should take into account:

1) PSG play in France and it seems that in FM09 it is harder than in FM08 to attract player to lower rep leagues. So it is generally difficult to get the best players from Italy, England and Spain. Even from lower rep clubs that don't play in Europe like Sampdoria, Betis and Sunderland etc.

2) Most of the known super-DMC:s are already playing for big clubs or have a bif rep (Camacho, Palombo, Hamsik, Diarra, Scneiderlin etc).

Thanks!

Kacar and Lysytskyi

thank you for the suggestions;

Zuculini is unfortunately not good enough on my save

Rafael Carioca looks good. Perhaps a bit weak in the air and hit natural fitness is so-so.

Kacar wa already on my short list and looks very good.

Lysytskyi, I cannot find.

I have narrowed it down to one of these:

- Rafael Carioca: 22 yrs, 6 caps for Brazil, MC: Accomplished, will cost: ca £5M from Gremio

- Gojko Kacar: 24 yrs, 25 caps for Serbia, MC: Accomplished, will cost: ca £6M from Hertha Berlin

- Pablo Ledesma: 27 yrs, 4 caps for Argentina, MC: Natural, will cost: ca £12M from Catania

- Ramires: 24 yrs, 23 caps for Brazil, MC: Natural, will cost: ca £11M from Cruzeiro

- Davide Bottone: 25 yrs, no caps for Italy, MC: Natural, will cost: ca £10M from Torino

- Lorik Cana: 27 yrs, 41 caps for Albania, MC: Accomplished, will cost: ca £16M from Marseille

Notes:

Ledesma can cover MR and is the techniqually best of the bunch. (not to be confused w Ledesma at Lazio)

Ramires is the golden way in the middle, good defensively and good in attack but does not excel. But 23 caps for Brazil - gotta be good!

Bottone is the monster DMC with 20 in Aggression, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination and Tackling. Like a kick-boxer

Cana is the heart of our rivals Marseille so he will both strengthen us and weaken them when leaving. Maybe too pricey though.

Kacar is mentally the best of them all and looks almost like a DC.

Rafael Carioca loks a bit too weak in this competition, but we all know he is a legend in previous FM games and people seem to like him.

I am gonna put in bids on all of them and see how the negotiations go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need a good MCa (using the sexy football tactic). I'm Blackburn Rovers and have 1.7M but will add monthly instalments of about 5-6M so about 6-7M i'm willing to spend. Thiago neves, nigel de jon, ben afra and diego buonanotte were either too much or rejected the contracts, put a bid in for Simon Vukcevic and it's been accepted but he might reject the contract, any thoughts please? First season, patch 9.2 :)

I would reccommend Javad Nekounam. Plays in the german league i believe Irainian defensive midfielder/central midfielder. Awesome captain, superb with his long range shooting he's just an all round awesome player he can be signed fairly cheap i forget how much i paid for him mind as i signed him first season

Hi guys. Im in my 4th season with A.C. Milan, and my Midfield is getting old now. With Veloso and Pirlo being my 1st choices and Pirlo getting old has to be replaced. I can either play Veloso as an MCd or an MCa. I prefer Veloso as a MCd. So i'd prefer a "WORLD CLASS" player who plays MCa. I have 113 million to spend. But most players won't come (De Rossi, Fabregas, Iniesta, etc) And i wont pay over 60 million for Diarra or Aquilani :p So who can u guys recommend.

As to recommend players myself, all players mentioned in above post are great at MC.

I think he should look something like Lampard when fully developed (i hope)

finnishing 15

long shots 14

passing 17

penalty 17

technique 18

creativity 15

i bought him at the start, but started to think is he really as good as i tought, but now i'm shure. Thanks

Oh, should i give him ppm blast the ball... I saw somewhere that it's great for players with high finishing and long shots. Is that right?

Go for Hamsik his better :thup:
Yeah... but if you think that he gets to expensive then get Moutinho.

yeh napoli want 10 mill which would make 17 mill all together. ill go for moutinho :) have to offer more him again because they rejected the delay

Name: Alan Dzagoev

Nationality: Russian

Club: CSKA Mockow

Position: AMC

Value: £2m

Sale Value: £5m

Work Permit Needed?: Yes, but accepted

Amazing wonderkid who will turn into aquality player for most teams!

Archived