Official FM09: Good Midfielder's Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a look at Borges last night but he is playing for an Serie A side and is too expensive.

Made do by signing Mark Van Bommel on a free!!

Also signed Nazat Aleman from Las Palmas as an AMC - decent stats for £1m or so

Ah, sorry sixteenfiveninetyeight. :(

i am looking for a good attacking minded MC similar to Joao Moutinho

i have 30M to spend

i am Man Utd at the beginning of the second season

Hamsik? Dzagoev? Ramires? Kuzmanović?

i am looking for a good attacking minded MC similar to Joao Moutinho

i have 30M to spend

i am Man Utd at the beginning of the second season

Moutinho isnt really attacking minded, more of a box to box midfielder...U can try develop Adrien from sporting, if AMC i recommend Kross which turns out to be one of the best AM or Dzagoev...But i played at Manutd as well and i bought Camacho in the 1st season for 8mil..He becomes a wonderkid and 1st team in my 2nd season at the age of 19, with 8 caps already

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need Lampard, Kaka or Gerrard style AMC to score goals because I only have 1 forward (Aguero).. Sneijder, Kaka, Van Der Vaart, are too expensive and doenst want to leave their club.. I have Gourcuff but it seems he is not good enough.. I also have Hamsik, but he played CM.. Budget 30 probably 50 if he's young.. I am inter though..

ps: I regret selling Sneijder to Madrid for 30 mil.. Totally not worth it.. lol..

Would really appreciate some help in finding a player, have trawled through these forums and now have an extensive shortlist but still nobody is jumping out at me.

I am looking for an MC, not and AMC or and DMC. Needs to be a bit of an all-rounder but if I have to make allowance some leaning more towards a creator than a destoryer. I am playing in the Championship as Southampton and have about £2.7m to spend (which is the max and can't extend it).

Have been tempted by a player called Eduardo Costa and he fits my price range, but he requires a Work Permit and have tried before and been unsuccesful.

Any ideas would be welcomed!

I'm playing as Fiorentina 1st season using the latest Weegie update - at the moment I have Montolivo, Donadel and Zanetti in midfield

I play a DM and CM, with the CM being more creative. Zanetti can play fine for me in the DM role, but i;m looking at bringing in a good CM (preferably young and/or italian). I've got 17m to spend but would prefer not to use too much, looking for uncommon suggestions rather than Moutinho/Skjelbred etc.

I'm playing as Fiorentina 1st season using the latest Weegie update - at the moment I have Montolivo, Donadel and Zanetti in midfield

I play a DM and CM, with the CM being more creative. Zanetti can play fine for me in the DM role, but i;m looking at bringing in a good CM (preferably young and/or italian). I've got 17m to spend but would prefer not to use too much, looking for uncommon suggestions rather than Moutinho/Skjelbred etc.

You should re-sign Kuzmanović, otherwise look at Bodmer? Inler? Kroos? Defour? Aquilani? Buonanotte? Camacho? Ramires?

Had a look at Skejelbred, Bernardo and Cabaye and they are all sadly out of my budget - all £5m plus now (I should have pointed out that I am in my second seasaon). Biglia is only slightly above though but I don't think that I have any players on my books that I can use as a make-weight in the offer

Search continues!

Will have a look at him when I get home tonight, Have put in a bid for a player called Josh Walker from Middlesborough who looks ok, and picked up a Swiss player in his thirties on a Free who can sit in the DMC role if needed so that I can push Schnierdlin forward

Quick update, decided to grab two players for my MC role, picked up Gary Deegan for next to nothing who so far has started everygame of the season and is consistently getting an average rating in the mid to high 7's which has been great, and also managed to get hold of Hugo Viana - who is coming back of an injury - is an AMC but it notes that his best position is MC so should do well for me

Midfielders who do well for a mid prem team

Scott Parker

James McAurther

Ali Basturk

Ventucci

Prices vary and I got Scott Parker on a free He is a good captain and playmaker for me.

McArther is quite short but is very solid.

Ali was a young player with very good qualities including passing and shooting.

Ventucci good aswell with abit more pace than the others.

Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan are reliable even if not much reliable in reality.

Man City try to buy all the best players but if you have the cash try and get these players first

Witsel and Defour.

There is a player who's name I forget.. I think it's Schdernerlain.

Fabian Delp at Leeds is good as an attacking central midfielder,He can create and can score from range for fun.

Matteo Brighi is very good too.

A player called Radek Sirl is very reliable. He is a left wing back-attacking midfielder who can be trained to play in the middle.

He has good abilitities including set pieces.

2 players to mention who do very well in attacking midfield are Sergio Motta and Julio Baptista.

Archived