FM 09 - Non-League Discussion.

GimmeTheBall

highly reccomend piotr bojera (withn polish added players), walked straight into my team acored 2 on his debut and now is captain (16 influence), great buy!

can't find him on my game and i have polish players loaded

just started a game with welling, some of the players in this thread are great. keep it up guys

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's from zawisza and I spelt it wrong its Piotr Bajera, should fin him now, quality player

yep, found him now m8, im going to take your word for it and offer him a contract, lets hope he can do the business. charlie ide scored a hat-rick on his debut including a 35 yard screamer, he looks a quality player too

TUMJM thx a lot. Yohan Guichard looks good, but a bit low on off the ball and passing. Looks better as a ST. Le Paih looks better and very consistent, only let down is he is 34 and my wage budget can't fit him :(. Btw, which Hadji? there are over a hundred. :p

Mike_Cardinal I'm sorry dude. These players you talk about... they are regens.. Those starting as 16yrs old are mostly regens in teams BSP and below.

Mustapha Hadji - However he is 36

Mustapha Hadji - However he is 36

Oh, I tried to sign him.. won't come to Vauxhall - one of the lowest reputation of the clubs, if not the lowest. Firm relegation candidate :(

However, am currently 8 points clear at the top of BSN with a game in hand, 4th round of conference league cup, 2nd round of FA cup - just beat Leicester 4-3.

Most of the players I recommend are good enough to play in league one but are willing to sign for BSN/S. I'll put together another list soon.:)

Ah, thats a bugger mate. I'm certain they aren't regens though, these guys are players in real life. I guess you probably have to just have all English players loaded or something for them to crop up.

I really can't find them.. I'm pretty sure I loaded almost all the countries using the ddt file, which is about 258mb at the start of season. Even restart a new game just with English players loaded.:confused: I also tried searching online for the players you named. Can't find them on wiki or even their respective official club site.

Can someone confirm for me?

Regarding your previous post. I had a quick look, and I just realised there's only one English player that made my bench. Most probably due to the fact that I can get better players overseas for less.:p

I really can't find them.. I'm pretty sure I loaded almost all the countries using the ddt file, which is about 258mb at the start of season. Even restart a new game just with English players loaded.:confused: I also tried searching online for the players you named. Can't find them on wiki or even their respective official club site.

Can someone confirm for me?

Regarding your previous post. I had a quick look, and I just realised there's only one English player that made my bench. Most probably due to the fact that I can get better players overseas for less.:p

I think it is a bit unrealisitc that in the cornfrence north/south you would get people moving over from france spain and poland for a part time wage , surely this doesnt happen in real life?

Found some good players for my Bromely side in BSS

Simon Downer on Free Transfer D RC a solid player who does not have mad wage demands - he is my back up CB/RB

Jeff Forsyth on Free Transfer D R and he is a solid as they come. Good on the overlap and gets his crosses in.

Grant Basey on Loan from Charlton (was born in Bromley so that might be why he came!?!?) Play him as my LB (and if needed LM) he has been awesome for me

Samy Mawene Free picked up from the English Trial Day (but he is French) Solid CM

Paul Owens Free Transfer from Limavady United great LM and keeps Orlando Smith out of the side

I play with a large DB with all players loaded from England, N Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain and Italy loaded.

Currently I sit in 7th place but with 3 games in hand (win them all and I'll be second just 2 points behind leaders) 2nd round proper of FA Trophy, 4th Round of Conf Cup AND 3rf Round proper of FA Cup where I was hoping to get one of the big boys but was drawn away to MK Dons. So still in ALL cups up to and Inc 13th Dec 2008.

I have been very lucky with injurys so far but in the past 3 games 4 key players injured for between 2 weeks and 2 months!

One other key signing has been John Richards as Scout he has found me about 5 young players who are stepping up to the main squad while this mini injury crisis takes place.

So here is to my season going massively wrong from now on!

Hear, here! with John Richards. An absolute must sign...

I play with a created team, Canturbury (900 rep, large stadium), and a Large database with all players from England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, South Africa, and a lot of African countries loaded. In the intrest of full disclosure, I also give myself "me", a youth DM,MC,AMC,WBR,MR,AMR with limited current skills but max potential.

I start with no players (except "me") in June, giving myself 2 months to sign a staff and squad and get them ready for the season. The board gave me e0 (nothing, zip, zero, nil, nada) for a transfer budget, despite having a balance of e200,000! So everyone I signed, I signed on a free. Getting Fulham as a parent helped, too...they sent me Robert Milsom, who's been a starter. Joseba Barandarian, Chris Eustace(!), Jeran Meah, Ondrej Kral, Ludovic Dje, Lewis Hamlin, and Wesley Barnard(!) are all strong recommendations. Levi Chambers, Robert Sawyers, and Dean Standon get honorable mention.

I'm Gateshead in the BSN and i'm top mid way through October thanks to getting Newcastle as my parent club. I got Niles Ranger, Fabio Zamblera and Johnny Godsmark on loan. Zamblera is scoring for fun.

What i'm wondering is if anybody knows of any good quality youngsters who will come to a BSN side on loan from the premiership or championship without the team being a parent club (this seems to make a massive difference on the player accepting).

My squad is thin and i need reinforcemnts for the promotion push. Particularly all across the midfield and at left back.

Cheers

Charles Devineau, probably my best find so far, unbelivable stats and is willing to come to confrence north, and also another stirker called laurent leroy who has great stats, all the good players come from france and poland, so its a must that you add polish and frenach players when you start a new game

I'm Gateshead in the BSN and i'm top mid way through October thanks to getting Newcastle as my parent club. I got Niles Ranger, Fabio Zamblera and Johnny Godsmark on loan. Zamblera is scoring for fun.

What i'm wondering is if anybody knows of any good quality youngsters who will come to a BSN side on loan from the premiership or championship without the team being a parent club (this seems to make a massive difference on the player accepting).

My squad is thin and i need reinforcemnts for the promotion push. Particularly all across the midfield and at left back.

Cheers

Just do a player search for players listed for loan and put out offers for any players that fit your needs. Most clubs will accept the offers, most players will reject it, but some will accept it and you'll get some depth to your squad. This gets me way more players then the club loan report indicates.

Charles Devineau is an unbelivable player, a must buy!

heres my harrogate town team

J.Provett

M.Rogalski

D.Augustyniak

M.Wysocki

M.Lukaszewski

M.Young

S.Maziarz

B.Balde

C.Devineau

2 of

L.Leroy

P.Bajera

JV.Mangenot

sitting comfortably in 2nd after 5 games, still waiting for the new team to gel, and trying to find a decent tatic that would suit my players.

Hi guys,

Started a season with Worcseter City and got promoted in the first season to BSP but really struggling and came on here for a bit of advice. But i only have english players loaded and it seems that you need players from foreign leagues loaded?

Firstly do i need to do this to succeed?

And secondly does it slow the game down?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Started a season with Worcseter City and got promoted in the first season to BSP but really struggling and came on here for a bit of advice. But i only have english players loaded and it seems that you need players from foreign leagues loaded?

Thanks

Because most BSN/BNS teams have a transfer budget of 0 and because most UK based players with a value of 0 are rubbish, it's always good to look for players overseas. There are a bunch of unattached French and Polish players who are valued at 0 that are actually great players AND they're willing to play in the Blue Square Leagues for some ungodly reason. (+ no WP required). Not very realistic, but it sure helps a struggling LLM.

You'll need to start a new game and load French and Polish leagues to get these players, but I've found that it doesn't slow the game down at all. It just takes a while longer at the start when the game creates the player database, but that's just a one-off thing. Good Luck!

PS - I also loaded Irish players, because there are some great unattached players there too...

Hey Guys, Starting again With Histon today as the new Patch came out. The major downside to Histon is the fact the council will never let you expand the stadium so therefore if you ever manage to get successful you can never compete against other teams in the championship etc. However in the first season we have a pretty impressive team so hopefully we should be able to grab playoffs or so :)

Hi guys,

Thanks

Yes it will slow the game down and No you dont need this to succeed although the first season I found tricky. I have England & Scotland leagues loaded & am playing as Bath in the BSS. Last season I finished 10th & im in 4th in my 2nd season currently and pushing for promotion. When the season ended I cleared most of my squad when there contracts expired & signed loads of unattached players.

It can be done, I dont load the foreign leagues if im playing at a lower level as its unrealistic for a player to want to come to a BSS team from there home country just to be put on a part time wage!!

Keep the faith, you will achieve great things! :D

Just got the full game for Christmas. :D

Just started again as Wrexham and have signed Dave Brammer (DM) from Millwall and Mark Bentley (MRC) from Gillingham to sure up the midfield. Also signed Simmons (ST) from Derby to add pace up front and Ferreira (AMLR) from Chelsea to add to the wings. Patrick Suffo is a quality assest to have up front and with Louis alongside him with Simmons on the bench there's plenty of firepower. But 2 games, I've drawn one and lost one. With none of the strikers scoring, a little worry but I'm hoping it'll all come good.

Thanks for all the posts with players. These Polish and French guys are crazy good for their wages so it's a big help in the lower divs. I don't really have much to add

AMC - Marco Brancati

ST - Ben Hunter is mediocre compared to every other striker already listed

I was kind of sad that all the 2008 guys that I used to use won't come to my team anymore, like Tony Boto, or they got seriously downgraded so that they're not worth picking up anymore from not being good or from being under contract now so they're not free anymore, like Andrew Plummer. :)

I didn't really see that many staff recommendations. The part I hate about FM2009 compared to FM2008 is that they limit you more on the number of staff you can have a lot more. In 2008, I remember you could have 3 normal coaches, 1 assistant, 2 physios, and 3 scouts even though the board recommended 1 coach, 1 assistant, 1 physio, 2 scouts. In 2009, what they say is the limit is the actual limit. :( So training gets a lot less effective because it's spread over 2 coaches instead of 4. I was like 30% under my wage budget too but they still rejected any new staff over their preset limit.

I don't know if staff is just standard but I usually get

Assistant - Nicky Milo (so-so but I care about my training more than accurate player stars)

Coach - Maurizio Guido (good if he's your only coach)

Physio - Jim Walker or Steve Whitehall, depending on the RNG on who has higher physio

Scout - John Richards (everyone's favorite)

Scout - Volfango Patarca (my favorite) He's Italian but he converts to a full bar of English knowledge and was useful enough for scouting.

By season 2, if you've done well, you can hire a entire new staff with the gain in reputation so you can start having better staff. It branches off too much by then. I did notice that they nerfed a lot of staff in 9.2 so YMMV. These were for 9.1.

Players I have used for Stalybridge and Thurrock and they have proved useful.

French leagues loaded in full.

Charles Roger Striker Saint-Joseph

Mamadu Cali Djalo Midfielder Concarneau

Alexandre Hubert Striker Concarneau

Pascal Bedrossian Midfielder Crozon

Donald Angalama Solid midfielder

Roberto Elcaman Excellent Attacking midfielder will score many goals

Djamil Gangate works well as the defensive midfielder in a 442 tactic

Antoine Rasolofo Superb striker

will post some more later.

cheers for this so far guys

what tactics would you suggest for eastbourne borough or the conference in general?

thanks

I always look to play quick direct football as it's hard to find clever passers of the ball in Non-League. I always use pacey wingers and strikers with balls going over the top for them to chase. It usually works for me but that's not saying the short passing game dosen't work, you just have to have the right players.

After failing at my hometown club Wrexham, I've started again as manager of Tamworth. I'm looking to have a long-term game with them with multiple promotions.

Good luck with Tamworth the Blue Square Leagues are a good challenge.

I have completed my first season with Stalybridge and it was quite remarkable since I had no money and limited wage bonus. I only had the French and Belgium leagues loaded so could not take advantage of the South Americans.

Predicted 5th in the Blue Square North

1st by 15 points

Won the CLC and the FA Trophy

3rd round of the FA Cup and lost to Burnley after a reply 3-2 was 2 nil down

BSP here we come.

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stalybridges1qs1.jpg

anybody got any decent english players they would recommend for me in conference with eastbourne borough

no money max wage very low and reputation of club is low, need some gems who will actually come to me which is proving very hard.

havent got large database so foreigners named above are no good to me

cheers

Archived