Ability to export tables as csv files

Ishaan Saxena

Being a student of machine learning and statistics, I have a natural inclination to always use a lot of data to analyze my team's performance. One of the many reasons I love FM is the beautiful presentation of a lot of different kinds of information. However, one thing I would really like out of the future versions of or updates to the game is the ability to export tables (such as the attached images) to csv/JSON files. For example, with the screenshot of Mousa Dembele's recent form, say I would like to know how he's been performing in different positions, I could just export the table to a csv and group the data by position, etc. to judge his performance in each position. I could maybe make a graph of his improvement in performance, etc. This is something I'd be really keen on having as a feature because this allows the players of the game to conduct analytics of their own - something I'm pretty sure they love having seen hundreds of Football Manager databases on Kaggle. 

While the above is what I would really really want, if it's achieved, I'd give brownie points for this:

Advanced metrics. For example, say I'm looking at Nabil Fekir's performance this season. For each goal he scored, I'd like to know things such as what position he was at when he took the shot (x, y coordinates maybe?), what kind of shot it was (e.g. header, volley, etc), who was the goalkeeper, where was the shot placed (x,y coordinates w.r.t. the goal), etc. Same for passes - where was each pass made from, was it successful, did it lead to a goal, was it too square? Things like that would really make this game truly beautiful, considering how big of a part data plays in modern football with companies like Opta, and of course, Sports Interactive coming up.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 12.15.03 PM.png

End of Season Squad Stats.png

Archived