Match Atmosphere Revamp

Carlito85

I recently brought this up in another thread after downloading the FM16 audio pack as I think there is a lot of room for new/improved sounds and visuals during matches.

For example, new audio additions:

- Home fans should sound more packed than away fans when a goal is scored
- How much noise a set of fans make, and how frequently they make themselves heard during the 90 minutes should be based on stats for traits such as passion, dedication and loyalty, particularly for away matches
- English fans cheering a goal scored is different to those of say a Spain etc. Each nation should have its own sound file for celebrating a goal scored
- Some clubs, especially in England, tend to play song clips when they score. I'm not saying the real song clips should be included obviously because of licensing, but the base should be there to have something for all clubs (if applied in the editor)
- Music played for teams entering the pitch (whether club-specific or competition-specific), music played during half-time, and music played at full-time. Again make this a specific option for each club so each one has a file that can be edited
- Specific club chants/songs. Again I'm not saying the real ones should be in because licensing would be an issue. However just give us the base for each club to have a few specific chants which can be modded by the community
- Stadium sound effects for regular games and Continental games. For example do certain clubs use drums etc?
- Fans creating a toxic atmosphere as an opposing player steps up to take a penalty
- Home fan frustration playing a part in how good or badly the team responds
- If there is brewing tension between the fans and the manager and/or the board, have that play out during matches

Visual additions:

- Waving the scarves (if applicable to that club). These options could be applied to the club via the editor
- The white handkerchiefs when the team is putting in a poor performance
- Flares (if applicable to that club) during continental games
- Mexican waves
- The "Poznan" celebration
- Club mascot (if applicable)
- Enhance/extend the intro where the players walk onto the pitch and shake hands before kick-off. Maybe even have the competition logo or a nation's flag on the pitch behind the players pre-kick-off as a nation/competition anthem is played
- Add more variety to the shirts fans wear during matches to help bring the crowd to life a little bit more
- Flag displays, and/or club mosaics displayed in the crowd before kick-off

Just some ideas thrown out here but I think it's definitely something that could (and should) be looked into.

All these are wonderful ideas and beautiful additions, but I'm scared on how they would impact the performance of the 3D while running the match, specifically regarding the crowd animations like scarves, flags, variety of shirts, "ola" and so on.

38 minutes ago, Federico said:

All these are wonderful ideas and beautiful additions, but I'm scared on how they would impact the performance of the 3D while running the match, specifically regarding the crowd animations like scarves, flags, variety of shirts, "ola" and so on.

Thanks. The animations are definitely something to consider with the 3D engine for lag and what have you, but then again they could always be turned off in the preferences I guess. Maybe like how we can adjust the graphics quality.

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

The problem is that for many of us the game is (or was) lagging even without all that stuff. I feel like only a "step forward" on this aspect of coding wouldn't be enough yet.

Believe me, I'm in the same boat. Hoping to upgrade over the next year.

I do think that these kinds of ideas are still worth looking into though because it's inevitable that the 3D engine will improve (at least visually) each year anyway. I figure we might as well start pooling ideas to help with that.

the ideas are great just that i think it will add a lot of load on the game. if there's a way to do them without slowing the game down significantly, i'm all in. 

if not, i hope more resources and effort be put into making game play/match engine a lot more realistic, including things like pressing, counter pressing, gengenpressing... to mimic the advances of the modern game.

i think though that better goal celebrations would be great. like running into the crowd after scoring a last min winning goal. i reckon this is definitely doable. 

• 5 months later...

Archived