National team arrive late

Hi all,

I'm managing a national team. My players have to play for a club match 3 days before an international match and they were allowed to arrive late. Is there any effect if my players have to play for club match and arrive late for national squad? If yes, can I set them to arrive on time? Thanks.

Edit: I'm also managing a club from that nation which most of the national team members are from my club. Of course I can set my players not to play for the club match and save for the international match, but I would like to know if there are any impacts of arriving national squad lately.  

在 2018/7/11 在 AM7点04分, sammayel666说:

I had the other problem!

I called up two of my players and didn't have the option to ask them to arrive late so missed my best striker and one of my midfielders for a Champions League semi-final

Are their nations from other continents?

16 分钟前, sammayel666说:

Nope - managing Portugal and called up from a club in Portugal

Weird, usually the club and international fixtures won't be at the same time.

I've had repeat offences by African nations of calling my players up for competitive internationals (not AfCoN, just qualifiers) so I can't get them back for European ties / domestic cup matches. I'm not talking weird leagues like Norway on calendar year, either - this is Ligue 1 and Eredivisie. 

Getting players back tired from internationals is acceptable - it means they're a key player for their national side - but not having them at all really sucks, as I don't think it really happens in real life apart from when AfCoN is in northern hemisphere winter? City never lost to Barcelona in the CL back when they seemed to draw them every season because Yaya was off on international duty...they lost because Barcelona at full strength was better than them at full strength. 

在 2018/7/12 在 PM6点33分, zlatanera说:

I've had repeat offences by African nations of calling my players up for competitive internationals (not AfCoN, just qualifiers) so I can't get them back for European ties / domestic cup matches. I'm not talking weird leagues like Norway on calendar year, either - this is Ligue 1 and Eredivisie. 

Getting players back tired from internationals is acceptable - it means they're a key player for their national side - but not having them at all really sucks, as I don't think it really happens in real life apart from when AfCoN is in northern hemisphere winter? City never lost to Barcelona in the CL back when they seemed to draw them every season because Yaya was off on international duty...they lost because Barcelona at full strength was better than them at full strength. 

That's why I won't sign African players for my team. The African Nation Cup is held every two years (not four years) which really bother me. I sold Bailey next season immediately in FM17 when he came back injured.

1 hour ago, davidjai said:

That's why I won't sign African players for my team. The African Nation Cup is held every two years (not four years) which really bother me. I sold Bailey next season immediately in FM17 when he came back injured.

Thankfully AFCON is now played in summer so it's far less bothersome. 

4 hours ago, davidjai said:

As above poster says, AfCoN is in summer now. Hence my surprise when I was robbed of my top scorer Bertrand Traore right before a CL tie in the first instance of this. Weirdly never had it with Eric Bailly at United in 3 seasons. 

Archived