Clubs buying players for nothing

Ezdog

I have only one good idea. Stop teams from buying players that will never play for them. Every second signing I see during the transfer window is either never going to play for the team or plays 5 games a year. Fix it.

Falcao cost an absolute ton in wages and most likely in fees as well when United and Chelsea loaned him - although the former played him and he just didn't score, at Chelsea he played 12 times in all competitions and scored once. Jose Mourinho is well known for just refusing to play players (see his mysterious dropping of Eric Bailly "because Cote d'Ivoire didn't qualify for the world cup" this season) who cost large sums in the past three-four transfer windows. City and Chelsea are great at buying players who will never get a game; Jack Rodwell (25 apps in 2 years), Scott Sinclair (19 in 3), Patrick Roberts (3 apps then loaned to Celtic ever since), John Stones completely disappeared from City's lineups after Laporte arrived and could possibly leave, Fabian Delph was never a regular the first two seasons after signing, Ross Barkley played twice since signing in January, David Luiz was barely a City player this past season...etc. 

Gerard Deulofeu must get whiplash from the amount of times he jets to Barcelona then back out on loan then back to Barca...

I agree that it does appear to be perhaps too common but that may just be our confirmation biases.

Archived