Does Team Instructions (and to lesser extent PI's) actually impact the match engine?

Hi guys just wondering as I'm currently playing a save and using no Team Instructions save for PI's and have found that my matches are going well whether TI's actually influence the match engine and what you see in 3D view. 

Are the TI's there just to give you an impression that they can impact a match? 

Thanks. 

They definitely impact the match, just try turning one on at a time and watching the match to see what it does. However, that doesn't mean it'll have a positive impact. You can definitely be successful using little or no team instructions as long as you have the fundamentals down in your tactic.

Your Mentality setting selects a whole bunch of TIs as well, so there's actually no such thing as not using TIs.

Making different selections to TIs helps you to create different styles of play which the default Mentality selections may not be ideal for.  However if you just want to play in the style which your Mentality selects by default then there's no need to alter TIs.

TIs absolutely have an impact on the ME and you can't avoid using them anyway, it's just that sometimes there's no need to amend them if you're happy with how things are going.

Archived