Potential ability 198?!?

Just now, noobish abbz said:

well evidently, but as high as 198?

Why would it not be? CA & PA in FM go up to 200. The law of averages dictates that every now and again there will be a player that reaches that point. Much like your Pele's/Maradonna's/Messi's/Ronaldo's in real life.

56 minutes ago, noobish abbz said:

well evidently, but as high as 198?

You mostly will not notice a player with super high PA unless you are specifically using an editor to find them, or they happen to be as good as this guy. 

I used to play around with increasing the number of regens from small countries so I would have to check CA/PA versus time often to make sure enough good players were generated but that not so many the game was saturated. There are many players with high PA who never get near it in terms of CA. Players who could have been wonderful, but were not in reality. 

This guy is young enough to potentially make it all the way.

Whenever I end a save with no intention of returning (usually my long term Athletic Club save) I usually do some searching via something like genie scout to see if there's any basque players i missed or who didn't develop. Last year I had a guy who only reached 155 roughly CA but had a 200 PA. He had a drastic personality downturn due to off field events at around 18 or 19 and never reached his potential. Those kind of PA's are definitely out there, but as has been noted, you wouldn't often notice them

Archived