Using the IGE - does it affect how FM behaves?

..Valhalla..

I asked in the Simple Questions Thread (on Sunday) but nobody has seen my question I guess.

If I use the In Game Editor, does it affect how the game behaves? I've always been suspicious of it; seems to unbalance the game or something. I have got frustrated with not being able to sell (a) player(s) so simply transferred them - for a realistic fee - using the editor, then quit not long after because there seems to be an increase in oddities; more injuries, shock results, poor performances and so on. I feel as though it's FM's way of "punishing" me for editing the game/cheating.

Am I just imagining it? Can I really just edit to my heart's content, as much as my conscience allows, without worrying about ruining my game?

I'd love to create new kits for my team each year for one thing, but I daren't even do that.

I don't think the game 'punishes' you for using the IGE. Maybe it's a guilty conscience that you think these things happen after using it! I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary happening after I've used it, to be honest. Like you, I've used it to get rid of players that I can't seem to shift any other way.

8 hours ago, benkeay said:

I don't think the game 'punishes' you for using the IGE. Maybe it's a guilty conscience that you think these things happen after using it! I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary happening after I've used it, to be honest. Like you, I've used it to get rid of players that I can't seem to shift any other way.

Probably is just this really. I never edit players (once you start you get carried away and genuinely ruin the game), just make small edits here and there like change kits, realistically transfer a player, and maybe even remove an unhappiness that is there for an entirely improbable reason - not strengthening the coaching team when you've very clearly did so, for example  :D

Appreciate the reply.

Archived