Players joining a local club after getting released

Atarin

I'm not exactly sure how it would work but I would be pretty happy if the following could be implemented...

I'm currently playing as semi-professional Workington (one of my absolute favourite clubs to play as), who are based in Cumbria, North West England, which is quite an isolated part of the country.

Workington are the feeder club to the only professional football club in Cumbria, Carlisle United, and as such get loan players every season and their squad is made up almost entirely of former Carlisle United players.

In the game this is difficult to simulate because as players are released from Carlisle they suddenly seem to forget that they're Cumbrians and turn me down to go much further afield. A more realistic in game scenario would be that a majority of Carlisle's rejects will pass through Workington, either on their way to bigger things, a long career at Workington or further down the pyramid.

Maybe some code that favoured feeder clubs when released? Maybe some code that could assess proximity of clubs to the players' home town?

• 5 months later...

Archived