FM 2009 Official Wolves Thread - I used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright noooooowwwww

Tezread

Lets have some feedback about players indvidually to help team selection for future gamers - what are the following like

GK Hennessey

DL Hill

DC Stearman

DC Collins

DR Foley

ML Jarvis

MC Jones

MC henry

SC Keogh

SC Ebanks Blake

Anyone excelled in the premiership?

Henry as first team, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake, Jones as back up for me

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

defenders i reccommend Mikael Silvestre picked him up for 300k and he is still a class act, also Mark Beevers from Sheff Wed has performed well for me in the prem and is attracting interest from Arsenal and Newcastle. he is now valued at 8.5million.

just started a game with wolves , i havent let go of anyone , but i got treacy from blackburn on loan and bought delfouenso and moses , they will be my future strikeing partners , sounds exciting just thniking about it lol.

im playing 4-1-3-2 , havent decided on who will be starting 11 , unsure how much game time i should give both delfouenso and moses

Although i didnt want to i sold Matty Jarvis to Bristol City for £2 million puls 50% sell on clause (couldnt turn that down could i, they didnt offer that, they only offered £1 mill so i upped it to £2 and the 50% n they Offered it me lol) SEB is quality, has off games every now and then but he does in real life also. Carlton Cole is a good loan signing to get as is Jack Collison and Fransisco Merida. I got Razvan Rat on loan for 6 months, £350k initial fee and then £2.1 Mill future fee, then the G*T didnt wanna come even though Wolves are now 1 of his favoured clubs, now gone back to Shaktar so i enquired about buying and now they want £6 Mill for him!!!

Why is Stearman a natural right back aswell and not CB, Neil Collins is great in the air on corners aswell, Xmas and he has scored 8 goals, i set the corner to six-yard box and set collins to stand on keeper along with my other CB and 1 of my strikers, score loads that way.

Kightly is well annoying as he can never manage more than 2 games in a row, Rangers are now interested and have mad a bid that i rejected and now he is unhappy, i got Andy Reid on a free from Sunderland in Jan transfer window, their asking price was £0 so i bid and it was accepted haha, good bit of business me thinks.

Anyway my squad is:

GK

Hennessey, Murray

DF

Foley, Stearman, Little, Elokobi, Hill, Collins, Shackell, Ricardo Costa (£1mill)

MD

Henry, Jones, Collison, Merida, Hamill, Davies, Kightly, Tabb, Mcourt, Reid

ST

SEB, Iwelumo, Keogh, S Ward, C Davies, Carlton Cole, Vokes

I use Stephen Ward and Craig Davies as right and left wing more than as strikers as my wingers are always unfit plus S Ward has been playing really well.

hi wolvo_boi are you still in championship or already at premieership ?

Im still in the Championship atm, 2nd in the league behind Reading, 6 games left and only need 2 more wins to guarentee promotion, after that i plan a clear out, almost a brand new 1 st team. All my backup players gone and most of my 1st team as my backups for the next season. Gonna get Defoe as transfer listed and asking price of £2 mill.

Just finished my 3rd season, and managed to grab 5th in the premier, after being 8th forever and hitting some patchy form at times.

Only a few players from original squad remain, SEB is a good back up for prem, Hennesey performs pretty well too but I got Ustari for 4.8mil. used Karl Henry a lot, but his contract is now up and I have some good young players ready to step in now. I'm fighting off interest from all over europe for Kightly, hes already handed in a Transfer request and then decided to stay.

Beevers from Sheff weds is brilliant in defence and I've had bids of over 10mil for him, Altidore has been amazing this season, i initially got him on loan in my first season in championship and used him sparingly in my first season in prem (finished 11th and got into europe by fair play or summat), hes now banged in over 30 goals this season. I'm currently spending tghe summer trying out younger talent as some of the first team (strikers mainly) have under performed.

So in my experience not many of the starting first team are cut out for the prem, but it may vary (jarvis was awful for me but seems class to others), Stearman has done well at Blackburn since I sold him tho, others still performing well in Championship tho

Still have not purchased FM09. I nevr won the Premiership with Wolves in FM07 or FM08 mainly down to impatience and lack of playing time. I like Everton as I supported them as a kid and the best I have down with them is a uefa cup and champions league win but that is through starting the game again whenever I lost - is that classed as cheating because this feature is something you do all the time on platform games isn't it. Anyway- might buy my game tonight...

who are the first players you buy?

Tezread

if you start as wolves i advise you loan Emilliano Insua left back from Liverpool, i am in my 3rd season now and he has been ever present since the 1st season, Hennessey, Kites, SEB, Henry and Stearman also are really good players to hold on to and they can perform in the Prem. Keep your eye on John Fleck at Rangers and Jack Wilshere at Arsenal these youngsters have become excellent players in my Wolves Team

Tezread

if you start as wolves i advise you loan Emilliano Insua left back from Liverpool, i am in my 3rd season now and he has been ever present since the 1st season, Hennessey, Kites, SEB, Henry and Stearman also are really good players to hold on to and they can perform in the Prem. Keep your eye on John Fleck at Rangers and Jack Wilshere at Arsenal these youngsters have become excellent players in my Wolves Team

+1 on insua. Was an ever-present in my first season where I finished 2nd behind Reading who managed 109pts! He wouldnt come in my 2nd season which is odd seeing as Im prem now and I didnt have enough cash to buy him so Ive only got Pedro on loan from Arsenal at DL.

For my second season I brought in a number of players on frees including Leonardo (AML from ajax), D. Sturridge and M. Chrisantus.

+1 on insua. Was an ever-present in my first season where I finished 2nd behind Reading who managed 109pts! He wouldnt come in my 2nd season which is odd seeing as Im prem now and I didnt have enough cash to buy him so Ive only got Pedro on loan from Arsenal at DL.

For my second season I brought in a number of players on frees including Leonardo (AML from ajax), D. Sturridge and M. Chrisantus.

I had Insua on loan for 500K and an agreed future fee on 3.5m, i kept bigging up his performance and i was on his favourite staff which may have helped his decision to sign. he is now my skipper in season 3.

Insua was class in my first season too, he still peforms pretty well, but I maged to get Bale from Spurs for 11mil in my 3rd season and hes more attacking for me

Midfielders I'd advise Ekici from Bayern on loan (or maybe to buy if your past 1 season), I got him in my first season and had to snap him up, class DM,MC,AMC, scoress ome right rockets, I also somehow got Hermanes on a free

erm about 37-40 million, I did get into europe tho,

I sold loads of players too, I never actually used it all, most of it went on youngsters i wanted for the future, i didnt spend that much on my first season in prem, as most my signings were loans or cheap listed players, and I got lucky snapping my loans up for decent prices.

Altidore was Transfer listed for 4mil when i loaned him, I noticed he was off the transfer list so I amde an enquiry and they said he wasnt for sale anymore, after a few attempts I offered 4mil when he was off form and got ti accepted but decided to go for other targets, then was offered him for 3mil lol

My first season the board wanted a respectable league position, they gave me around £30mil, which I hardly used tbh. I got a few loans of t/l players (as you can get them without paying any wages usually) but dont set an agreed fee,a s you can get them cheap if they hit a bad patch, if they hit form for you the price goes up too tho. Signed some decent cheap players too and sold off my dead wood and moaners.

Come Jan I had some money left over and was doing ok but really needed a CB so I splashed out 10mil on Chygrynskyi and the fans went nuts, the board then gave me more money lol so I splashed out everything i had on M Fernandez (he took some convincing, Top wages, as I was saving with my loans). i was mega impressed with the backing I got. finished 11th and got into europe somehow and board gave me more cash lol

BlueWolf, how much did they give you in ur 3rd season?
Sounds like the board is quite liberal with dishing out money on FM09.

What tactics are you guys winning. Still havent got FM09. is there a downloadable version?

you can Buy FM09 via STEAM, if your too lazy to go and pick it up lol

I'm using a 4-3-1-2, with 2 wingers, best I've fopund so far, In championship I went unbeaten from xmas to finish 2nd behind Reading, and have so far Finshed 11th, 8th and 5th in my prem seasons

haha4456

in my first season i got Chopra on loan for 3 months and that seemed to give SEB and Keogh a kick up the arse and they started banging in the goals, also Vokes performs very well as a super sub.

if you want a striker who is quick and physical to partner SEB i would go for McLean from Posh, he is at Newcastle on my game in the 4th season and he has scored 16 goals in the prem in 24 games.

Just Started a New game with wolves (bored of playing with Liverpool) was wondering if anyone had a good tactic to download/view and opinions of some ideas i have.

1st i have got insua seems to be an obvious loan.

2nd getting graverson on a free

3rd fiori on a free also??? whats he play like? i can get ledley for bout 3 mil 1st season.

4th should i defo keep hold of jarvis? whats his best position???

5th seems as though a good keeper is needed as backup any ideas?

finally, what is the best position to play stearman? if CB who should i get for RB?? i can get rocha for 1mil scouts say he is quality but i know he is not irl????

Help!!!!! :(

Just Started a New game with wolves (bored of playing with Liverpool) was wondering if anyone had a good tactic to download/view and opinions of some ideas i have.

1st i have got insua seems to be an obvious loan.

2nd getting graverson on a free

3rd fiori on a free also??? whats he play like? i can get ledley for bout 3 mil 1st season.

4th should i defo keep hold of jarvis? whats his best position???

5th seems as though a good keeper is needed as backup any ideas?

finally, what is the best position to play stearman? if CB who should i get for RB?? i can get rocha for 1mil scouts say he is quality but i know he is not irl????

Help!!!!! :(

i would try and cash in on Jarvis and get Ledley, that was my 1st move and it turned out to be a profitable one, as regards Stearman in real life he is a centre half but he does play better at right back on the game..hope this helps

i would try and cash in on Jarvis and get Ledley, that was my 1st move and it turned out to be a profitable one, as regards Stearman in real life he is a centre half but he does play better at right back on the game..hope this helps

Much Appreciated!!

Any Views in Graverson??

8 Games in and I'm 2nd - Won 7, Drawn 1, Lost 0 - GD +13

Reading are top with 8 wins out of 8 - It would appear they are unbeatable.

Flávio seems to have settled in and is starting to bang the goals in with 5 in the last 3.

Hennessey is out for a couple of months so I've got Ikeme in goal (doing a good job) but I've not got any backup - Any suggestions for a decent keeper I could get in loan, or shall I just have a nose through the 'big clubs' reserve sides?

I also seem to have annoyed most of my players after giving Henry a fine for getting sent off - Not sure why, I think a weeks fine is appropriate for getting sent off.

Also through to the 4th round of the League Cup.

I'm in the Champions League now in my 5th season

Not needing to buy anyone either with all the youth coming through, finding the youth team pulls in at elast 1 decent player a year, plus there are some class regens around, I found 2 16 year old strikers with better stats than my first choice strikers, Loads of Championship clubs play 17 year old regualrry so keep an eye on young player of the month awards.

Graveson did ok for me on my first save, but I started again and found Jones/Henry to be more than good enough, and Stearman did me weel at RB until I got promoted

oh and for the guy looking for a loan keeper, jason brown is ok for a few months or even Ruddy, personally i'd buy Junior Fernandes for under 100k

Archived