FM 2009 Official Wolves Thread - I used to be a Werewolf but i'm alright noooooowwwww

Tezread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good results you have there mate.

Well, im currently 2nd in the league, 14 points clear of 3rd and 2 points off 1st (Reading)

Benitez is attracting Newcastle and they keep putting 3M bids in for him, not sure if i should accept.

Bolton want Appiah for 1.2M, but he is going nowear.

Mantorras is a goal machine, 20 Goals in 29 Appearances.

Next season the defense will need a revamp and i will look to bring in 1 CM and a winger, then if i can i'll look at Gignac up-front, then i'll sell some players and get some freebees.

Table:

Reading

37 Games - 86 Points

Wolves

37 Games - 84 Points

Bristol City

37 Games - 70 Points.

As you can see there is a huge gap.

Good results you have there mate.

Well, im currently 2nd in the league, 14 points clear of 3rd and 2 points off 1st (Reading)

Benitez is attracting Newcastle and they keep putting 3M bids in for him, not sure if i should accept.

Bolton want Appiah for 1.2M, but he is going nowear.

Mantorras is a goal machine, 20 Goals in 29 Appearances.

Next season the defense will need a revamp and i will look to bring in 1 CM and a winger, then if i can i'll look at Gignac up-front, then i'll sell some players and get some freebees.

Table:

Reading

37 Games - 86 Points

Wolves

37 Games - 84 Points

Bristol City

37 Games - 70 Points.

As you can see there is a huge gap.

If you don't need to sell and Benitez is doing well then why sell him ? no need mate

unfortunetly for me Appiah went too Valenciennes of France :(

as for Gignac, i have seen his attributes on this and they don't look too great but a few people have said he has been excellent for them , but i will see what happens, depending on if i get promoted, i am looking for 2nd place minimum and potential champions.

you will get a few bargains if your promoted 1st season, make sure you look who gets relegated from the premiership and raid them 3 teams for their best players mate :thup: and there will be the transfer listed players aswell that you could get for good prices

also mate, do you think i should get Markel and 1 more Dm defensive midfielder just now as i need cover but Zuculini is coming in January so i don't know if i should just get 1 Dm the now and hope he last till January but Edgar can play in Mc so i may aswell just get Markel and have Edgar as back-up for Dc, mc and wait for Zuculini in January ?

table is looking good mate :thup: just mind and rotate your players so they don't get too tired ;)

What about Sam Vokes, just checked him out on Genie Scout and the best his finishing will come to is 13 and composure 16, do you think he would be good enough next season in the Premiership ? if i give him say 10 starts this season and 10 off the bench ?

he is only 18 and has time i know but he doesn't become as good as i thought :(

any stats you want me to check that will come best for Vokes in particular ( if you know what i mean haha ) ? i think i could get better than what he would become

not getting Hogg or anyone else unless i get a really good bid for someone that i can't turn down, hopefully Man City are silly enough to give me crazy money for Knightly as he wants a move to a bigger club and they are intrested aswell as Wigan, not going to invite them to bid but !

No takeover, just probably the board were happy of me turning down 2 job offers, Chelsea and Newcastle ;) .

Altogether this season i had around 45M to spend, i asked for more xD.

Here is your screenshot mate.

firstseason.th.jpg

Ill post my Prem Season transfers when there all done, ALOT of changes have been made.

And Kightly the buggar wanted to move to a bigger club ( Everton ) , I managed to squeeze 3.3M + 30% though, So im happy.

My Money xD.

moneyw.th.jpg

EDIT: Micah Richards WANTS OUT OF MAN CITY, ITS WOLVES AND FULHAM THAT WANT HIM!

Im from Wolverhampton and i Support Wolves...

Anyway, its a wolves thread so lets keep it to wolves ;)

And all of your reserves are available, you dont need to select them

was just wondering mate :) and no i mean how can i make players in my first team available for the reserve team without having to put them in the reserves, i have done it with every other team to keep players fit :confused:

You will never get to sell Vokesy for 3-5M...

I sold him second season now, 300k.

Sold him in January in my second season for £1.5M with 50% sell on and a buy back fee of £4M (just in case!). I think that was a pretty good deal personally.

Pape Diakhate from Dinamo Kiev, set me back £9 million though. Just signed him in january for my Wolves side as we had conceded over 30 goals! Second season, doing well after getting promoted, expected to be in the bottom three currently 8th chasing a Europa Leauge spot!

Ouch!

I managed to reload from the end of may, changed the playoff outcome =( but I'm still EPL. Grabbed Ivanov and also got Carrico from Sporting CP, he's rated as potential 7star CB and I got him for 3mil!

Also got Aquino for 4.5, Boukari for 3 (left flank) and Schederlein for 2.1. I've still got transfer budget to burn, which may be useful if Boro make a tilt for Makukula cos I'll just go out and spent my 15mil on a quality target man.

Goal is midtable, I'd love a place in Europe but I just don't think I have the squad to seriously tilt for it just yet. Maybe 2010-11, once I've got EPL experience.

Just coming into January in my 3rd season and am in the premiership (about 7th). I am going to be losing Leo (probably around £15M), Aquino (probably about £22m to Man City) and Knightly (£7m to £8m) during the transfer window as they are all moaning about going to bigger clubs. Bit gutrenching to lose the heart of my team, but do still have David in defence and Marquinhos and Lewandiski (sp) upfront all of which are developing nicely.

So, any ideas for a new CB, AML and AMR with about £26m to spend?

On the CD Thiago Silva has already gone to Man City so no suggestions for that please.

Thanks.

powellchr: look at Carrico for CB - the c is the funny one with the squiggle at the bottom. He should be an international for Portugal by then.

Alternatively, try Ivanov, Beevers, Tordoya.

Thanks, i'll check some of those out. I have Beevers but is a bit young for the premiership still I feel. He had a good run in the Championship and didn't set the world alight. I also have Spence, but again I don't feel comfortable starting with either of those two yet!

Any thoughts on an AMR, feel that is a difficult spot to fill.

PS. Had to let Leo go for £11.25M as this was the highest bid I could get.

Thanks, i'll check some of those out. I have Beevers but is a bit young for the premiership still I feel. He had a good run in the Championship and didn't set the world alight. I also have Spence, but again I don't feel comfortable starting with either of those two yet!

Any thoughts on an AMR, feel that is a difficult spot to fill.

PS. Had to let Leo go for £11.25M as this was the highest bid I could get.

Hrm. AMR is a toughie cos there aren't many compared to AML.

I've got Boukari, but I'm playing him on the left........

If you can afford him, try Faubert, had him previously at Newcastle. Alternatively, try grabbing an offcast from a team that's struggling? In your position I'd be willing to settle for a 30year old on year-to-year.

Also, if you have a MC who can swing into a AMR, try for Beckham. He's still star quality in the middle if you can pry him outta LA. And if you want to question, there's screenies running around of him still playing at 40.

Good Evening all :) , hope everybody is all feeling well etc (:

Now, im no Wolves Fan, im actually a die hard Ipswich Town Fan, Season Ticket holder etc, but, for some reason, I never like playing as Ipswich on Football Manager games, soo, after seeing Wolves successful season in real life, I thought i'd give them a try on Football Manager, too see if I could emulate what they have done :).

Now, for some reason, dont ask me why, whenever I start a new game on FM, whichever team im at, I always appoint Holland Staff, Hans Jorritsma and Wim Van Zwam as Assistants and First Team Coaches, soo, this led to me terminating the contracts of Terry Connor and Steve Weaver, soo in came Jorritsma as my Assistant and Van Zwam as my first team coach. Aswell as these two additions, in came Gerry Peyton from Arsenal as a coach for 50k.

Now, for transfers, I was given a budget of £4.57million at the start of the game, I signled out my targets and where I needed/wanted to strengthen, aswell as the players I wanted to sell, sooo, firstly, the outgoings:

Stephen Gleeson - 100k - Nottingham Forrest

Stephen Ward - 250k - Crewe

Daniel Jones - Part Exchange - Charlton

8 Youth Players - Released

Now, for the incomings, aswell as future transfers for youth players:

James McCarthy - 750k - Hamilton

Jonjo Shelvey - 2.3mil and Part Exchange (D.Jones)

Dialo Guidileye - 50k - ESTAC

Francisco Merida - Loan - Arsenal

Christian Benitez - 1.5mil - Santos Laguna

Now, people may think I overspent for Jonjo Shelvey, but, I believe he's a real great talent, and believed, that with a years tutoring, and a years training, a few matches here and there, I can have him up to a quality player, My Assistant Jorritsma, he believes he has the potential to be a quality midfielder for the Premiership, after only a few games, hes already a Championship quality player, aoo, thats why I believe that although its a steep price, I think he turn out a quality player for me :) .

Now, Future Transfers for coming in in January 2010 will be:

Gonzalo Barreto - 80k - Danubio

Vakhit Orazsakhedov - Free - Rubin

Again, bother players I believe will turn out top quality for me

Now, for my results so far, Ill just be giving the scores, with a brief description on what happened, and just a little key, (L) - means League, (LC) - means League Cup, (FAC) - means FA Cup.

(L) Wolves 1 - 0 Cardiff, a good start to the season, with a goal from Kightly coming right on half time to give us all 3 points.

(LC) Wycombe 1 - 3 Wolves, Keogh and Henry gave us a 2 goal half time lead, before, after the break, McCracken scored an own goal to make it 3-0, before Wycombe scored a late equaliser.

(L) Burnley 4 - 0 Wolves, totally outplayed all over the park, and too be honest, fully deserved to lose.

(L) Wolves 3 - 1 Norwich, an early goal from McCarthy gave us the lead, before Cureton levelled for Norwich, after the break, we hit back with goals from Ebanks-Blake and Iwelumo.

(LC) Nottingham Forrest 0 - 1 Wolves, a penalty in the 93rd minute, deep into stoppage time, from Iwelumo, gave us the win that puts us into the next round.

(L) QPR 2 - 1 Wolves, Iwelumo gave us an early lead on 7 minutes, and we looked as if we would win the game, we had many chances to kill the game off, but two goals in quick succession from Rowan Vine gave QPR the victory.

(L) Wolves 0 - 1 Derby, not a good game, chance after chance, but we failed to put the ball in the net, Derby scored on halftime, and after that, mostly controlled the second half, dissapointing.

(L) Southampton 2 - 2 Wolves, an early goal from new signing Benitez, followed by an Iwelumo penalty gave us a 2-0 goal lead up until 74 minutes, when Southampton equalised, we looked to be seeing the game out, until Jason Euell in the 96th minute, headed the ball home, we deserved what we go through bad defending!

(L) Wolves 2 - 1 Bristol City, a deserved victory for the lads, Liam Fontaine scores for Bristol, but Karl Henry pulls it back right on half time, and, halfway during the second half, Fontaine then puts the ball into his own net.

(LC)Wolves 3 - 0 Blackpool, great perfomance, for the first time, everything seemed to click, and 2 goals from Benitez and a goal from Ebanks-Blakes, great performance, fully deserved.

(L) Plymouth 2 - 2 Wolves, Benitez gets another goal, its a good start from him, and David Jones pops up to make it 2-0, until goals from Liam Head and Sawyer give Plymouth a draw.

(L) Wolves 1 - 0 Swansea, yet again, Christian Benitez scores again, in the 3rd minute, and this time, we hang on for the 3 points.

(L) Wolves 1 - 0 Sheff United, another 1-0 victory, with the goal coming from Keogh.

(L) Blackpool 0 -1 Wolves, Keith Southern scores an early own goal, to give me yet another 3 points.

(L) Birmingham 3 - 3 Wolves, what a game! Jerome gives Brum an early lead, before two goals from Ebanks-Blake gives us a 2-1 lead into half time, BUT, another goal from Jerome and one from Mcfadden puts Brum back into the lead, however, Kightly fires in 25 yard free kick to give us a well deserved point.

(L) Wolves 2 - 1 Doncaster, two goals from James McCarthy, before a late equaliser from Woods for Donny, gives us yet another 3 points, were now starting to find our form, and make a challenge for the top two.

(L) Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Wolves, an early 25 yard goal from Foley gives us the lead, before Matt Hills puts through his own net, all in all, I think its a good result, and keeps our good run going.

(L) Wolves 1 - 0 Nottingham Forrest, another goal from Benitez gives us the 3 points, and keeps us right up there with the pack.

Posistion after 15 games: 6th, 8 Wns, 4 Draws and 3 Losses

Thankyou for reading, hope you've enjoyed it, ill keep you all updated as and when I get round to playing matches, once again, thanks :)

ITFC1

Now, for transfers, I was given a budget of £4.57million at the start of the game, I signled out my targets and where I needed/wanted to strengthen, aswell as the players I wanted to sell, sooo, firstly, the outgoings:

Stephen Gleeson - 100k - Nottingham Forrest

Stephen Ward - 250k - Crewe

Daniel Jones - Part Exchange - Charlton

8 Youth Players - Released

Now, for the incomings, aswell as future transfers for youth players:

James McCarthy - 750k - Hamilton

Jonjo Shelvey - 2.3mil and Part Exchange (D.Jones)

Dialo Guidileye - 50k - ESTAC

Francisco Merida - Loan - Arsenal

Christian Benitez - 1.5mil - Santos Laguna

Be warned: Your defence is not EPL quality! Basically you're going to have to build a new backline at the end of the season, the only one who can cope is Stearman.

Your mids aren't great either, although if you can get Shelvey to EPL quality by the end of the season you'll have one set.

EDIT: Got my first 4 results for 2009-10.

(EPL) Wolves 2-0 Everton - Eduardo scored both, one a screamer from 25, the other a direct free kick. Hurt though - lost Makukula for two weeks to injury, plus Henry (who was playing at DR) for a week.

(EPL) Wolves 1-0 Sunderland - Binya broke through the pack and scored, then promptly got sent off in the 41st minute, so I spent the whole 2nd half staving off spirited Sunderland attempts. Good to know the defence can hold.

(LC) Grimsby 0-3 Wolves - Played a changed up side, lots of kids. Easy match, made heaps of opportunities and should have won by more. Vokes out for a month injured. Vokes + Aquino score, as well as an OG by Bennett.

(EPL) Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves - Full-strength side heads to Villa Park. Ivanov sent off in the 13th minute, ouch. All just went downhill from there - I didn't have any hope of holding them with 10 men. Villa score in the 32nd minute, then get a penalty in the 57th minute. I've decided the refs are kicking my ass. Makukula scored the consolation.

Ivanov ended up copping a 3 match ban for his foul ><

Notes: Makukula has been linked to a move to Boro, and this has made him unhappy. Because of it, I'm starting to look for a new target man, as Vokes isn't ready just yet. He'll be good, but in 2 or 3 seasons, not just yet. And, of course, if I manage to achieve the dream and qualify for UEFA or the Champions League, then we'll be set.

The Wolves XI:

----------------------Hennessey-----------------------

-Stearman--Ivanov/Tordoya--Carrico/Andronic--Lecjaks-

-Kightly/Edwards--Mascio/Eduardo--Schenderlein/Henry--Boukari/Aquino

--------Makukula/Vokes--------Keogh/Aquino-----------

DOUBLEEDIT: Whoops, hit save before I put in the Villa game!

Just finished my second season at Wolves and first in the Prem. Despite being predicted to finish 19th I managed 8th and a Euro Cup place next season! I dont think the season could have gone any better. Going to start clearing out the dead wood to strengthen for Europe! Steve Morgan was doing backflips! Decided to expand the stadium to its full capacity of 42000 for the coming season, hope I can fill that out every week too!

*Out of Darkness Cometh Light*

Hrm. AMR is a toughie cos there aren't many compared to AML.

I've got Boukari, but I'm playing him on the left........

If you can afford him, try Faubert, had him previously at Newcastle. Alternatively, try grabbing an offcast from a team that's struggling? In your position I'd be willing to settle for a 30year old on year-to-year.

Also, if you have a MC who can swing into a AMR, try for Beckham. He's still star quality in the middle if you can pry him outta LA. And if you want to question, there's screenies running around of him still playing at 40.

Aquino has finally gone to Man City for £17.75M and 25% sell on. I have found my replacement in Mark Gonzalez for £8.75M from Barcelona, has great stats but just hope he can cut it in the premiership this time!

On the DC front, the targets you suggested did not want to come to me (other than beevers who I already had) and so I decided to go for an unknown player to me in FM and picked up Yussuf Ayila for £8M. So far so good.

On the AMR front, Kightly is still refusing to sign a new contract, so I have got Saviet coming in on a free at the end of the season and Marquinhos will have to fill there with Matt Jarvis for now, especially as I was only getting 80% of the transfers which has left me with only £3m left of my budget.

Also got some ace regens coming in on freebies but not decent AMR in sight, instead hundreds of left and right backs!

Will be good to see how the rest of the season pans out, am in 6th at the moment but within 3 points of 3rd.

Just a quick update.

Managed to snatch an unhappy Brede Hangeland to compete at CB, Tried to get Marco Matterazi on a free but he went to Livorno.

Results so far (1st season in the prem)

Man Utd 3 - 3 Wolves

Wolves 1 - 2 Bolton

QPR 0 - 3 Wolves (Lge Cup)

Liverpool 2 - 1 Wolves

Main concern is my midfield, lacking in experience apart from Nolan.

Hopefully next season Zucilini will have matured. + Im watching Mark Noble, Always rated him.

Also, Looking at Laurito.

Bought some World Class staff in as my ambitions are top 10 finish (Especially after spending 32M :D)

Ass Man:

Franco Baldini

Coaches

Brian McClair

Hans Jortisma

Youth Coaches

Tony McAndrew

Mark Dempsey

Scouts

Eusebio

Antonia Galan

Steward Houston

I have kept a few others though.

Four more match results.

(EPL) Arsenal 2-0 Wolves - Too much class, too strong at Emirates. I sent in a full-strength squad. Adebayor scored both.

(EPL) Wolves 1-1 Bolton - Wish I'd won this one, but Bolton actually probably deserved the win - they made heaps of opportunities, but couldn't convert.

(LC) Nottingham Forest 0-1 Wolves (ET) - Bloody Nottingham. They beat Reading 3-2 in Extra Time, then gave me the fright of my life here. Thankfully Binya scored in extra time.

(EPL) Manchester City 1-1 Wolves - So, so happy to have drawn this. The Man City lineup is nuts - Arshavin, Robinho, Richards, Coloccini, Srna, Moutino, Zhirkov...but thankfully, they haven't bought a quality keeper yet, and Joe Hart is still young. The Robinho goal was one of those nuts running-the-ball-all-the-way-from-the-middle-around-six-players ones.

Chelsea at Molineux for the next round of the League Cup...dammit.

The Table

--------------------------------

Arsenal P6 W6 D0 L0 +15 18pts

Chelsea P6 W4 D2 L0 +6 14pts

Bolton P6 W4 D2 L0 +5 14pts

Man U P6 W4 D1 L1 +6 13pts

Liverpool P6 W3 D3 L0 +7 12pts

Man City P6 W3 D3 L0 +6 12pts

Tottenham P6 W2 D4 L0 +2 10pts

West Brom P6 W3 D0 L3 +1 9pts

Newcastle P6 W2 D2 L2 0 8pts

Hull City P6 W2 D2 L2 0 8pts

Aston Villa P6 W2 D2 L2 -1 8pts

Wolves P6 W2 D2 L2 -1 8pts

Four more match results.

(EPL) Arsenal 2-0 Wolves - Too much class, too strong at Emirates. I sent in a full-strength squad. Adebayor scored both.

(EPL) Wolves 1-1 Bolton - Wish I'd won this one, but Bolton actually probably deserved the win - they made heaps of opportunities, but couldn't convert.

(LC) Nottingham Forest 0-1 Wolves (ET) - Bloody Nottingham. They beat Reading 3-2 in Extra Time, then gave me the fright of my life here. Thankfully Binya scored in extra time.

(EPL) Manchester City 1-1 Wolves - So, so happy to have drawn this. The Man City lineup is nuts - Arshavin, Robinho, Richards, Coloccini, Srna, Moutino, Zhirkov...but thankfully, they haven't bought a quality keeper yet, and Joe Hart is still young. The Robinho goal was one of those nuts running-the-ball-all-the-way-from-the-middle-around-six-players ones.

Chelsea at Molineux for the next round of the League Cup...dammit.

The Table

Arsenal P6 W6 D0 L0 +15 18pts

Chelsea P6 W4 D2 L0 +6 14pts

Bolton P6 W4 D2 L0 +5 14pts

Man U P6 W4 D1 L1 +6 13pts

Liverpool P6 W3 D3 L0 +7 12pts

Man City P6 W3 D3 L0 +6 12pts

Tottenham P6 W2 D4 L0 +2 10pts

West Brom P6 W3 D0 L3 +1 9pts

Newcastle P6 W2 D2 L2 0 8pts

Hull City P6 W2 D2 L2 0 8pts

Aston Villa P6 W2 D2 L2 -1 8pts

Wolves P6 W2 D2 L2 -1 8pts

I know what you mean, Im near the bottom after 4 games, but i havnt played anyone like West Brom, Newcastle and Hull yet..

I know what you mean, Im near the bottom after 4 games, but i havnt played anyone like West Brom, Newcastle and Hull yet..

I'm in the middle of the Hull game now. But yeah, still haven't played anyone who's a relegation contender - the teams that I've beaten have been solid teams.

EDIT: ARGH LOST 2-1

Archived