Club Legend

TerminalPortugal

I have decided to do another FM Career and this one will revolve around a slow plod around the world with the goal to become a legend at every club I manage (as in listed as a legend in the club screen page). There are few rules to this and handy map that you can see here. That may shows what countries link to which in this career and I can only ever have the country I am managing in and the countries that are linked to its node available to manage in. Anyway to the rules for this one

1. The goal is to achieve legend status at the club by whatever means necessary, once this is achieved I can move on to the next club and country that borders that country.

2. If I am sacked, its dealt as a failure in my career and I will need to move to a new club in the same country to try and become a legend there.

3. The Director of Football will conduct all my transfers into the club, I will have oversight over players leaving the club, but cannot get involved in transfers beyond that.

4. No skipping a node. i.e. I can't move from Portugal to France for example without completing something in between as Portugal and France are not connected.

The final rule I took was to randomly assign myself a country and then randomly assign a club from that country. The country we got is Angolan (so as per the map we will be loading Angola, Namibia, DR Congo, Congo and Zambia and the club is...

23ecea76b65cd609a658f70de19080b2.png

And Severino Isac Mendonca is our manager, the 26 year old Angolan will be looking to become immortalised in as many places as possible.

1e4960d30eeeac52725fc1faea3513d0.png

No legends at the club yet, but with a prediction of 5th in the league we should be able to get this team into action pretty sharpish I hope.

Not worked out the format hundred per cent, think I will stick to images mostly, next update come soon.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2017

4ceee078668979c17e8604e9e6d1fab1.png

Horribly inconsistent form is what I feared and that is what we got, take out our great performances in the CAF Confed Cup and we really blew the league this month, we are now playing catch up to Primeiro de Agosto

29e77a2a6624d3a4288cf131377934d5.png

Still 2nd but now with no game in hand and 7 points to make up on runaway leaders Primeiro de Agosto.

June/July 2017

060dfafcd04bd95bb8aa73d60bb28d9c.png

A better month as we got through the CAF Confed group in first place despote two losses, and kept a 100% record in the league this month to keep the pressure on Primeiro de Agosto.

777aca380b4d6b22dd5d430c34e39d34.png

Still in 2nd place and the gap is cut to 5 points between us and Primeiro de Agosto, but we are running out of games to catch up, we need them to slip up.

August/September 2017

7b1e61fe238ba7d5e67847936cf9415f.png

A fine month for us. The draw against Interclube hurt our chances of mounting a final push for the title but overall I couldn't really expect more, we defeated Tetouan in the Quarter Finals of the CAF Confed Cup and have one foot in the final after beating Platinum Stars. A demolition of Moxico also makes the second leg of the Eight Final of the Angola Cup academic.

8ea3df705a5235188162aefad3a2e291.png

We move down to third place, but we have two games in hand against the leaders. Winning them both would put us within 2 points of Primeiro de Agosto with 3 left to play after that. I hope we can at least push down to the wire.

October/November 2017

df470c48696dacdfeb6f58cd6c69f629.png

Our form has been good in the final end of the season, but a loss against Primeiro de Agosto in the league handed them the title. We did get by them in the Cup by the skin of our teeth. We also managed to push past Platinum Stars to reach the final of the CAF Confed Cup. Overall can't really fault the boys.

ad736c713fc721ef708e17a8b0a8aeaa.png

The final league table, we fell 5 points short of eventual winner Primeiro de Agosto. At the other end of the table Desportivo JGM managed 1 point all season in what has to be one of the worst seasons ever in any league. Onze Bravos and Primeiro de Maio join them in relegation.

8872e2baf308e27d28f26a235e751dfc.png

We managed to lift the CAF Confed Cup. It took until the second half for us to make our chances matter, but in the end we come through victorious. The first piece of continental silverware for the club as we dispatch DR Congo outfit TP Mazembe 3-0 on the night and 5-2 on aggregate!

Players of the Season

aadcc5e0939bc19aa27a54a72ee10ac2.png

In first position we have Dario, who set the the goalscoring records ablaze, breaking the league record and scoring 32 league goals in 27 appearances. Overall he managed 53 goals in all. He is more of a winger but has thrived upfront this season. Unfortunately he is now 35 years of age, and I am unsure whether he will continue to have a sustained impact. The DoF might need to look for a replacement.

917012fdde9924179314a19c4788ecac.png

Mahmadou Diawara, has been the perfect foil for Dario up front, the two have struck up an amazing partnership. He contributed 30 goals and 11 assists in the league and scored 50 goals in all competitions himself. The Senegalese striker is 28 so hopefully he will continue to provide firepower up front for years to come.

2d4481cc5936c7cfd648f126a2a5bda1.png

Ito has been sensational in midfield this season averaging 7.73 in the league, showing experience beyond his years of just 22. He is now a permanent fixture in the Angolan national side and has deserved his call up. I think he is the kind of player we can build the team around for many years to come.

Transfer Window Summary

85af5e4269c94daa723e4ea0868bcc72.png

Well the DoF ended up being a busy guy. We lost out starting keeper Ricardo Baptista, his contract renewal requests were crazy and eventually Rio Ave from Portugal came along and snapped him up from us. Fortunately a youth prospect we got this season in Jose Barbeitos came in and he is very handy replacement for him with bags of potential.

40eb0a9a1938207242c8a8a9063bab07.png

Alex Ngonga is a Zambian striker, probably back up at best

Saki Amisi is DR Congo centre back who will probably get a starting birth throughout the season

Amaridlo is fine striker, probably looking to force his way into the starting line up, no doubt he will bring goals, mark my words

Sidney is a Brazilian wing back, probably gets the starting position in the team

Filhao is another striker, got international experience with Angola, I think he will probably start too.

Mendinho is a decent centre mid, probably good enough for a rotational role in team, adds cover if we pick up injuries in this position

Bebe, is cover at centre mid and right wing back, defo not good enough to start, probably will cover if we pick up injuries

Lito is a decent centre mid, might force his way into the midfield role alongside Ito, although it is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Fissy is great cover for Left wing back, he would start in a lot of other teams but Libengue is pretty beast in that role.

Overall the DoF did a decent job, surprisingly he strengthened most up front, despite our scoring prowess and certainly added some much needed improvements in depth to key parts of the squad. I am pretty happy with him, i almost didn't extend his contract due to his muted performance last time, but this time he has stepped up to the mark.

February 2018

0637eb2adb60e008a07c2f452d8c52a0.png

Wow, despite the loss in the Angolan Super Cup we have been whipping that ass. We beat Sao Tome opposition in CAF Confed Premlims 34-0 over two legs, which was pretty insane. We also dispatched newly promoted Nacional de Benguela 10-0 for our first foray in the league. Welcome to big leagues lads! 

March 2018

c7918b9264f43f4dd3dc581451e7b9e7.png

We continue with perfect form, although the double digit results have gone away at least for now. Al Ahly in the first round of the CAF Confed Cup was a huge scalp, they are arguably the most famous club in Africa, and to beat them so convincingly was beautiful stuff. The league has been great, lots of goals and some sturdy defense.

ceae97ec6e8d22238d916b053697ddc0.png

We are in 2nd place early in the new season. Kabuscorp and Primeiro de Agosto have started particularly impressively as well.

April 2017

873d029d916dd681f8476eaa3ef1cfa0.png

Our form continues to be pretty incredible. We got APR FC of Rwanda in the 2nd Rnd of the CAF Confed Cup and we continued our destruction of continental opponents in a 13-1 aggregate win. The league form has been great with all wins apart from the hardest game of the season away to Primeiro de Agosto, which to be honest we were unlucky not to win, we went down to ten men after 14 minutes and then still went 2-0 up before late on tired and overworked legs succumbed to the opposition.

3653e06961e295dd13f58036c6f6b673.png

We are top by 3 points, despite our imperious form, we have not get away from Primeiro de Agosto, showing the standard we are going to have to try and maintain if we are to capture the league title this season.

May 2018

dbc4e62a45cc84649e9476a393237d8d.png

Another perfect month as we gain traction in the league and gain position in the CAF Confed Group as we beat Ugandan UFA and Guinean Felio Star.

3648fad47df588199a0ecc8b1d59f70d.png

The last month has seen us speed ahead of Primeiro de Agosto and open up an 8 point lead as they can't hang with us, and start to drop some points. We are still unbeaten this season and perhaps we can start dreaming of a potential unbeaten season here, although we need to make sure we maintain this lead in the league.

5d64f724bc65e503f0748679312fd017.png

Unfortunate news, we had to let Ito go. He was likely to kick up a fuss, and so we bled Chinese outfit Lioning for as much as we could get for him. Its a real blow, but these things can't be helped. Hopefully the DoF steps up in a big way for us with the cash we brought into the club.

2da9cc67b2435ae58242381bc82bb5ea.png

Another one of our best players has to depart. Kuagica was already kicking up a fuss when we were negotiating with Guizhou of China, almost caused a revolt in the locker room. He is a very good player but he simply was not worth the effort to try and stop him leaving and risk morale. We got as much as we possibly could for him. Again hopefully the DoF invests wisely.

June/July 2018

2b45cd34e909e9a257fa784983c53d6f.png

Another perfect few months for us, as we tied up a perfect record and destruction of the Confed Cup Group and handed out plenty out of beatings at home to.

f8fbda681597713cc0e40d316e8ee00d.png

We take the gap between us and Primeiro de Agosto to 11 points and now it is really in our hands now. I expect to take the title and we are not far away now from a famous unbeaten season, surely that would cement our legendary status here.

August/September 2018

a253e3531ec83971c36bc142a9bdaa0c.png

We continue our great form and at this stage, the unbeaten record is looking pretty likely. The CAF Confed Cup Quarter Finals against USM El Harrach of Algeria, whom we managed to squeak by 5-2 on aggregate. This season could be huge for us, with us still involved on three fronts.

2af8e33f7fb3295e92455c3cb2e57f3d.png

We still have that same 11 points lead, the title is more or less academic, its more about keeping that 0 against losses from now until the end of the league season.

October/November 2018

cffb1ff7c8235d5c681c2aab0b50f6e9.png

Well the last two months have seen us continue our great form, and a win against rivals Primeiro de Agosto handed us the title, and we followed up to complete a fantastic unbeaten season. Something I could never have seen coming at the start of the season. In other competitions we got past South African outfit Cape Town City in semi final of the CAF Confed Cup to reach the final for the second season in a row. In the Angola Cup, we trouced Sagrada Esperanca, Progresso and Kabuscorp to reach the final. In both competitions we will face fellow Angolans Petro Atletico in the final.

6fb3f4a993cbf71dc1c40849644084f1.png

We finish on 86 points dropping 4 points all season and an insane +111 goal difference. Santa Rita, Progesso de Lunda Sul and Nacional de Benguela are the teams relegated.

7eb9fa8c2d2759c77534b29333092861.png

Archived