Loaning out a player

Hi all,

While loaning out youngsters or players that aren't good enough (yet) for my team I often run into the problem that no one wants them. Not even for free. These tend to be players with a good Serie B rating, yet no one wants them.

Do I need to load Serie B (and other 2nd leagues) in order to have more success in loaning out players? Are there other benefits to adding second leagues? I usualy play with only the first leagues.

Cheers

Definitely. I always load (some of) the lower leagues for all the countries that I have loaded. There are a lot more games played, you should be able to loan out your players more easily and also these lower leagues often have players with good potential that you may want to try to sign.

I would definitely load the Lega Pro at very least, and likely some of Italy's surrounding nations to their lower levels as well, if your computer is capable of it.  

Obviously, you've already loaded your save, but one thing you might consider is acting like you are starting a new game, with Italy selected as the nation to play in.  When you go into the Add/Remove leagues setup at game start, the game will put a gold star next to other nations it recommends.  I've found that, if possible, loading these selected nations tends to lead to a more vibrant loan market -- and transfer market as a whole.  

So, you act like you're loading a new game, and see what the game puts up as "Gold Star" recommended nations for Italy, and use that as a base for adding in your save, perhaps?  FM is definitely better this version on having more leagues loaded and processing speed, so you should be able to add some more nations in to help yourself, without adversely affecting performance too badly!  

I hope this helps! :D

4 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

In addition, I always look at my affiliated clubs and look to load the leagues in which both my feeder clubs and the clubs with which I have loan agreements reside.

Absolutely!  

For one, when I play in Europe, I almost always load Serbia, and try to get an affiliate there, for work permit reasons.  Serbia has one of the lowest times for EU citizenship!  Off the top of my head, I want to say it is only three years to acquire Serbian and EU citizenship.

I have often struggled with affiliates, choosing a club to loan players to without already knowing whhich players you are going to send. I have sent players to affiliates two divisions below, and they didn't get much game time. I prefer instead to loan on the 'open market' where it seems much easier to find players clubs with First Team status - below that  I won't let them go.

As far asa leaguse loaded etc, I try and balance playable realism with game processing speed - generally, I load the 'out of the box' leagues and databse, but add a few leagues depending on where  Ia mplaying. The Nation I start with usually has full leagues loaded, England at least down the VN regionals (maybe lower if I am on a LLM save)

Always at least two divisions below the level  I am managing at, and  I will often rebalance it if I find game processing to slow - am about to ditch the English lower leagues from this save as I am at top division now.

2 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

Absolutely!  

For one, when I play in Europe, I almost always load Serbia, and try to get an affiliate there, for work permit reasons.  Serbia has one of the lowest times for EU citizenship!  Off the top of my head, I want to say it is only three years to acquire Serbian and EU citizenship.

Only issue is that they only get EU citizenship after 1st July 2022. It's better, if you're going after South American players, to get an affiliate in Spain and/or Portugal.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Only issue is that they only get EU citizenship after 1st July 2022. It's better, if you're going after South American players, to get an affiliate in Spain and/or Portugal.

Yes, this is so correct that South Americans should be loaned to Spain/Portugal because of the awesome rules there. :)  

I was trying to cut down my post sizes a bit, I have a tendency to write short novels.

:idiot: <- me. :D 

9 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

I dislike sending young players to affiliates, because I'm still paying the salary, and I can't train or tutor them individually. It's a bit dilemma for me...

I focus on training and tutoring from 15-18, and I believe it is "SI-Confirmed" that training and tutoring are far more important for players between 15-17, but that once they hit 18, match experience is the most important for their development.

I try to make sure they have the personality traits and attributes or preferred moves I want them to have before the age of 18, and then if they aren't ready for my first team, I loan them out to the most competitive situation possible, and I *try* to have them in a Key Player agreement to where I know they are going to get the majority of the games.    I'm sure you know, but obviously send them to a situation that at least matches the level it says they are suited to in their coach/scouting report.  "This player is very well-suited to League One" or "Good League One Player" then obviously, if you send him to a League One club, he has the proper challenge and will develop properly.

There is NOT a *huge* difference between your training and development at that point to his training and development at another club, except obviously if you are still in the process of tutoring his personality or adding preferred moves to his player kit.  

I've seen a lot of "big" players and YouTubers that flat-out refuse to send young players on loan, and will have them train for them and play them in a lot of U23 matches.  I honestly believe that harms their development if you are not training personality or moves at that time.  Match experience is far more important, especially getting it at the level or higher that his report says.  

That is just my opinion, but I used to feel the same way as you, but I actually started being more proactive with that, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results over the last four versions of the game or so.  

(Sorry for the book, loaning/refusing to loan players was a big discussion on Twitter for a while, and I feel strongly about it.) :D

10 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

I dislike sending young players to affiliates, because I'm still paying the salary, and I can't train or tutor them individually. It's a bit dilemma for me...

Can be a tricky one, and I tend to decide on a player-by-player basis - what does this particular player need right now?

For me I try and get tutoring done by the time they are 18 or 19. Then a season-long loan at a club where they are going to be playing a lot of matches over the season, in the position I want them to play can be a huge boost in their development. A second season if a: They could do with more, or B: There isn;t an immediate spot open for them with me.

Players I don;t want to keep, but am hoping to make some transfer money off, will get loaned out as they maintain better value if they are seen to be playing regularly.

You can usually negotiate the borrowing club pays at least a portion of the salary, or a monthly fee to offset - but if I am paying a Hot Prospect salary, and he is getting development elsewhere, it doesn't  worry me too much unless it is interfering with first team wages/ limiting what  I can spend as  I get the benefit in the long-term. I always keep apprx 10% of the wage budget for the youth anyway.

Archived