Corner advice

I've set up some attacking corner tactics which rely on the ball being aimed at the 6 yard box. However, my corner takers aim the corner at the guy who is set to lurk outside the area. Obviously, the instruction is to aim at the 6 yard box before I get asked that. My corner takers aren't great, I want my full backs taking the corners as they are my wide players in my tactics, although Obita has 13 for corners so he isn't completely useless and Gunter has 9 but I still feel that should be enough to at least hit the general penalty area regularly.

Any ideas, I am all out.....

Capture.JPG

They will need obvious targets to aim at in the 6yd box - it's not just a 'lump it into that area' instruction. Look at who you have in there to receive the ball.

Also, might be worth switching the sides your takers take from - currently you have a left-footer taking from the left - this means an outswinging ball, heading for the penalty spot, it's more natural for that player to play it to the Lurker. If he  were to take from the right, it would swing in towards the 6-yd box.

14 hours ago, Stretcheddie said:

I've set up some attacking corner tactics which rely on the ball being aimed at the 6 yard box. However, my corner takers aim the corner at the guy who is set to lurk outside the area. Obviously, the instruction is to aim at the 6 yard box before I get asked that. My corner takers aren't great, I want my full backs taking the corners as they are my wide players in my tactics, although Obita has 13 for corners so he isn't completely useless and Gunter has 9 but I still feel that should be enough to at least hit the general penalty area regularly.

Any ideas, I am all out.....

Capture.JPG

Tactical Play: Attacking from Corner Kicks Conditioned Game (13+)
https://thecoachingmanual.com/Content/6221921572093952

Three strategies for defending corners: Zonal, Man to Man and Mixed Zonal/Man to Man
https://thecoachingmanual.com/Content/5937448859205632

15 hours ago, Snorks said:

They will need obvious targets to aim at in the 6yd box - it's not just a 'lump it into that area' instruction. Look at who you have in there to receive the ball.

Also, might be worth switching the sides your takers take from - currently you have a left-footer taking from the left - this means an outswinging ball, heading for the penalty spot, it's more natural for that player to play it to the Lurker. If he  were to take from the right, it would swing in towards the 6-yd box.

I figured I had the obvious targets thing nailed with the three centre halves and the forwards. I had the lurker and the attacker from deep to create more thing for the oppo to worry about and to potentially scoop up any clearances quickly and keep the pressure on. It's a good point aboiut switching sides, but Gunter is ambidextrous and can use either foot. I'll give it a go though and let you know how I get on....

5 hours ago, Stretcheddie said:

I figured I had the obvious targets thing nailed with the three centre halves and the forwards. I had the lurker and the attacker from deep to create more thing for the oppo to worry about and to potentially scoop up any clearances quickly and keep the pressure on. It's a good point aboiut switching sides, but Gunter is ambidextrous and can use either foot. I'll give it a go though and let you know how I get on....

I think they will always use whatever their strongest foot is - even 'ambidextrous' players have a slightly stronger foot.

On 02/08/2018 at 21:14, Snorks said:

I think they will always use whatever their strongest foot is - even 'ambidextrous' players have a slightly stronger foot.

Having watched many corners with my tactic, and changing the set up so right sided corners are taken by left footers and so on, as well as putting my strongest corner takers on duty, they still aim for the lurker outside the box. the swines......

Archived