A career in England?! Fire and Blood!

MarcxD

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor basingstoke town

I have actually never done a long-term save in England, moving through the leagues... it's about time. 

the club I chose is Basingstoke Town, playing in the "Evo-Stik League South Premier Division", in the seventh tier.

The only reason I chose them since I don't know anything about them is that they are nicknamed "The Dragons". Fire and Blood!

Since we all know the crazy money in England, I'm going to limit myself in a pretty big way - I don't plan to pay any transfer fees throughout the save. I can get new players from youth intakes, loans (without fees) and free transfers.

Leagues_loaded.png

I used the DB with the 22 levels but only loaded the top 9, and might be deleting the bottom ones at some point, depending on how fast the game runs. As far as the DB is concerned I've not done much, just a large DB with all international players.

club_history.png

debt.png

Just the 2.2M debt then. No big deal.

squad_start.png

The squad at the start - I did click add players to playable teams so there have been some regens added.

Ben_Wright.png

Ben here is the best player at the club, I don't mind him at all.

Enjoy.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season & August 2017

pre_season_predictions.png

Predicted to finish 15th, I hope to get close to play-offs but have no idea how we'll do really.

august_tranfers.png

A few free signings and loans, maybe more later. There's already take over talks at the club so couldn't do any more deals after these.

pre_season.png

Losing to the u18s wasn't a good start but got some morale after that.

august.png

You know you're in England when you start the season with eight league games in the first month. Up and down so far, at least we're scoring goals.

august_league_table.png

October 2017

october.png

Much, much better. Very good month - and we've made it to the first round of the FA Cup!

october_league_table.png

october_fa_cup_draw.png

Ah, that's something else entirely. 

october_in.png

I signed three new players this month - a back-up striker, a keeper and a central defender.

october_out.png

One player left the club.

November 2017

november.png

Ups an downs again but some good performances overall. Out of the FA cup as expected, a well as out of the FA Trophy. Only cup left is the Southern League cup.

november_league_table.png

January 2018

january_takeover.png

Started with the take-over. Not much changed apart from the new chairman severing our affiliate deals with Wimbledon and Reading.

january_signings.png

I got in two new players on loan. We are way above the wage budgets, hoping to get to the play-offs.

january.png

Good month, the 4-4 was against the current leader in the league.

january_league_table.png

With 13 games to go three points behind the play-off spots. With our current form that should definitely be possible.

january_manager_of_the_month.png

I also got my first manager of the month win.

February-March 2018 + Youth Intake

february_march.png

Still going strong, but those losses keep things unsure.

february_march_league_table.png

It's really close with four games remaining, we could win the title or we could drop out of the play-offs...

feb_youth_intake.png

Signing up a few players but not expecting much or really anything from them.

feb_yp1a.png

Speedy, at least, which is a great help in general and definitely at this level.

Season Review 2018

season_review.png

A hit and miss start to the season, but we got in better form later on, perhaps due to the team gelling more and some improvements throughout the year. Was happy to get to the first round of the FA cup but mostly very happy with the promotion, of course!

Will need to revamp the squad a lot for next season, so that's going to be interesting.

team_of_the_year.png

Keeper and defense named in the best team of the league, didn't particularly think that was the highlight of our play this year but okay!

manager_of_the_year.png

I got a manager of the year award already.

best_eleven.png

I know I didn't go into the tactics before... I went for the three striker route. If it works, it works, and I wanted to play differently from my previous saves.

squad.png

table.png

Trying one of these tables again, fits a save like this.

Pre-Season & August 2018

pre_season_prediction.png

Predicted to finish 21st, we need to get out of the bottom three to stay in the division, which will be the main goal of this season.

transfers.png

I got busy a little bit late, but I needed to sign a bunch of new players with people leaving and having quite a few players on loan. Five this year, so far. I think we are only allowed six (long-term ones anyway).

pre_season_august.png

So ofcourse we didn't really get started well in the pre-season with barely a first eleven, we did get some morale in. The start of the actual league was harder, but we did get a very promising win in as well. Four points from four, could be worse. And we continued scoring goals.

august_league_table.png

That looks like mid-table. I'll take it.

November 2018

november.png

A bit lacklustre and got defeated by a league one side in the FA cup again.

november_leaguetable.png

7 points behind the play-offs and 8 ahead of the relegation spots, mid-table for us.

January 2019

january_new_signing.png

One new signing, a central defender. Am pretty happy with the first team right now (compared to what's available) so not too much business needed.

january_junior_coaching.png

First upgrade of this save, financially we're actually not doing that bad - thanks to some board investments as well.

january.png

Great results to start the new year with.

january_league_table.png

Which put us in the play-off spots all of a sudden, but it's super close. If we can keep the current form going...

March 2019 + Youth Intake

march.png

Not quite as good and the first loss in a while against clear leaders of the league Billericay.

march_league_table.png

Still in fifth, 7 points ahead of 8th place now. Looking good with 6 more games to go.

march_youth_intake.png

Not good, but I'm not expecting anything until we have had a bunch of upgrades really.

April 2019

april.png

Still doing pretty well, certainly when we are attacking!

april_league_table.png

We secured our play-off spots - and could theoretically finish in second with one more regular league game in may.

May 2019

may.png

Wow, we were doing very well but I did not expect to get promoted through another set of play-off matches... and I certainly did not expect this at the start of the season.

may_league_table.png

may_promoted.png

18 hours ago, john1 said:

Amazing turn around in the end :D Congrats on promotion.

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Excellent first two seasons Marc.

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

Nicely done so far. 

Thanks guys!

Season Review 2018-2019

post_season_season_review.png

A remarkable season, a lower midtable position for most of the first half but an amazing second half of the season pushed us to second place and with that form we did very well in the play-offs as well. Looking forward to next season.

post_season_rowe_hurst_best_rookie.png

post_season_team_of_the_yar.png

post_season_manager_of_the_year.png

Another manager of the year win!

post_season_best_eleven.png

Great stuff from the strikers again, with Ben Wright being pushed off to the first back-up option but he'll still be with us for the national next season.

post_season_best_eleven_overall.png

post_season_squad.png

Not a lot of rotating, and a decent number of players will leave again. Let's see what I can do in the summer...

post_season_table.png

Pre-Season + August 2019

pre_season_prediction.png

Predicted to finish last... it's hard to me to say what my goal is since it's hard to judge how big the jump up is - especially seeing that Billericay is expected to finish in first again.

billericay_player_huge_wages.png

To be fair though, they have a player who's earning over half a million per year...

pre_season_transfers.png

Signed a few players, but still looking at some more loan players to bolster the squad.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season was mostly promising, especially when we beat Walsall who are a league one side. When we got to August though, it got even better. Very remarkable start.

august_league_table.png

Billericay and Salford at the top... but we're just behind. 

September 2019

september_transfers.png

Got my last two loans in.

september.png

Still going very well, even if we did lose a game now.

september_league_table.png

Keeping up with Billericay and Salford, would be amazing if we can keep that up. Haven't played either of them yet.

October 2019

october.png

Dropped some points but still going strong!

october_league_table.png

Nothing to worry about as Salford and Billericay also lost some games. In first!

october_brexit.png

First time I'm doing a save in England this year so also the first brexit for me. Will be interesting what the exact rules are going to be.

November 2019

november.png

Good and bad this month - for the first time got to the second round of the FA Cup, and we beat Billericay! But we also lost several games including the one against Salford.

november_league_table.png

They ran away with things a bit, but we're still in second.

Brexit

november_brexit_1.png

november_brexit_2.png

No idea if this is a bad one or a good one, 17 foreign players does not seem so bad but since they all need to get working permits and this system is hard to understand...

3 hours ago, Timetxu said:

See, this is why I just avoid British leagues altogether. Luckily in two FM's, the whole negotiation process is over and we probably get some normalization.

I love me some dynamic things in a game like FM, but Brexit is not very appealing no, I agree. One of the reasons I have barely played here in the last couple of FMs - alongside with the crazy money and just generally liking other leagues more.

It's been fun so far though.

Archived