Contract Negotiations

YidBiggy

I strongly urge you to improve contract negotiations where there have been promises made and a breakdown in talks.

For all FM editions, when you promise to give a player a new contract, then negotiations break down for whatever reasons, some time later you will get a message stating "X player is expecting a new contract as promised". You then go to offer a new contract but cannot as it states "My client isn't prepared to restart these discussions following a previous breakdown in talks". This is then followed by a message from the player upset that I haven't kept to my promise, which then has a knock on effect on morale, relationships, etc...

When this happens there should be an option in the conversation list that says "I'm sorry, but your demands were unreasonable. Unless you lower your demands or change your agent I will not be offering you a new deal". This can then lead to the player sacking his agent, or agreeing to lower demands, or just completely not agreeing with the manager, and you move on.

• 4 months later...

Archived