Offside bug?

In FM17, I had so many disallowed goal which they shouldn't be considered as offside, mostly my players shot from distance directly without touching the offside player nor the offside player trying to receive the ball. So, is this just a bug or a mistake presented by the game play video?

It was an acknowledged issue with how the ME code interpreted a player's status as active or inactive while standing in an offside position that iirc was improved upon during the FM18 cycle.

It must be almost impossible to code it  into the ME to be fair - I have noticed in FM 18 a lot of offsides, or goals being disallowed for Offside when the  player in question is blatantly not interfering with play, as defined by the Laws of the game. But, it is what it is, and the coding can;t emulate, or simulate everything perfectly. Some of these imperfections you just have to accept, willingly suspend disbelief and move on.

On 19/08/2018 at 12:01, Barside said:

It was an acknowledged issue with how the ME code interpreted a player's status as active or inactive while standing in an offside position that iirc was improved upon during the FM18 cycle.

Yes. I'm impressed with the offside implementation in 18. I scored one goal recently that came from the opposition defenders playing offside and the offside player leaving the ball for someone else to play back. It was brilliant to see. Also, great to see the opposition getting irate for no flag for it. :)

3 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Yes. I'm impressed with the offside implementation in 18. I scored one goal recently that came from the opposition defenders playing offside and the offside player leaving the ball for someone else to play back. It was brilliant to see. Also, great to see the opposition getting irate for no flag for it. :)

True - until it happens against you. The the games broken/bugged. :lol:

If you don't see an offside and the game says that there could be something wrong with the goal, then it's intentional and the referee's mistake.

When the game doesn't say anything, then there's something wrong with the game.

Archived