Help me find an existing experiment/challenge

Is there a challenge that's been done that meet the following requirements:

- In England, League 2 or Conference, or the Portuguese lower divisions (not top division).
- Downloadable tactics are not allowed. Only 442 formations are allowed. This can be a flat 442, or 2 DM's, 2 AM's, 1 striker with a SS, or a diamond, etc, but it must look reasonably like a 442.
- 3 or 4 striker formations are not allowed at any time, even when chasing a game. The maximum strikers is 2. You can have 2 strikers and a AM/SS and give them PI's, but not 3 or 4 straight strikers. I know real teams may do this, but I'm keen to not exploit any known game loopholes.
- Database changes, additional content other than SI allowed content, are not allowed.
- No downloadable training schedules, set piece routines, etc. If there's any consensus on loopholes in these areas, please avoid them.
- Manager profile must be set to the lowest possible.
- Only players of 1 nationality must be signed/loaned (English if in England, Portuguese if in Portugal)

I'd love to read a challenge/story of a player who has picked up a lower league team, and just played the game "normally" by selecting their own tactic, avoiding known exploits, and sticking to realistic transfers (most lower league teams tend to sign local or same nationality players). Most lower league teams tend to play 442 from my experience of watching them (I know people might argue this point, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible).

Basically, it's how I imagine someone new to FM would play without reading this forum.

If most challenges are already run this way, let me know! I just see a lot where teams get back to back promotions, and then they share their tactics, and I immediately recognize it, or they sign a lot of known good young European players, etc.

Thanks

Yep, British & Irish steel challenge.

You're goal is to win every available trophy from England, Scotland, Northern & Republic of Ireland & Wales, using on British & Irish players. Also use only the base game.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Yep, British & Irish steel challenge.

You're goal is to win every available trophy from England, Scotland, Northern & Republic of Ireland & Wales, using on British & Irish players. Also use only the base game.

I'll have a look now. Any restrictions on tactics, or are exploits allowed?

Surely no exploits are permitted in challenges mate. I doubt there's any restrictions to tactics other than you can only use British & Irish players. It's the challenge I'm on with and posting on here too, check it out.

Archived