FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone been given more funds in November yet?

depending on how much you spent in the summer, i got my transfer funds upped to 9million not bad i guess, i'm expecting more transfer funds in january though =)

hows everyone's game doing?

Struggling with villa, playing

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC

MC MC

AMR AML

SC

very direct style and high tempo with some width.

ach, any hints to where i may go wrong? dmc - emerson mc's barry / reo-coker AMR gabby AML young SC carew (target man). sitting 15th in the league after 10 games :(

sitting 8th at the moment with villa, ferreira and baltoelli on season loan, got vela for £10mil tho he not playing well, got £14mill in nov aswell which is pretty sweet, thinkin bout sellin barry n getting new mid n left back,

friedel

ferreira, cuellar, davis, shorey

young, reo-coker, barry

vela, balotelli, agbonlahor

Just started as Villa trying to sell Petrov, Knight, Harewood.

Trying to loan Miguel Torres and hopefully sign Diarra and Keirrison.

I think I need to change my tactics after a 0-0 draw with Elfsborg.

Confirmed deals:

Ins: Torres(Loan)

Outs: Petrov(£3.3M)

I've just started a Villa league and i'm currently lying 4th after 4 games (date 14.11.08)

My EPL form is:

1-0 v Stoke

1-0 v Hull

3-2 v Portsmouth

0-2 v Man Utd

I won/got through the Inter-Toto Cup: 6-3 v Rosenborg on Agg.

I'm in the UEFA Cup 1st round after beating FC Midtjyland (sp) 6-2 on Agg.

I'm just beat Red Star 5-1 away in the UEFA Cup

I asked for more money to spend on players and wages then edited to put my budget up to £65M

My signings are:

Henri Saivet £2.2M

Sébastien Frey £20M

Andrey Arshavin £12.5M

Darijo Srna £18.5M

Ludovic Magnin Loan

Brek Shea £925K (great young US talent)

Pavel Pogrebnyak £10M

Sold:

Marlon Harewood £3.7M

My team is:

GK Frey

RB L.Young

LB Srna

CB Cuellar

CB Laursen

RM Routledge

LM A.Young

CM Barry

CM Reo-Coker

TS Carew/Pogrebnyak

SS Agbonlahor/Arshavin

Other First Squad Players:

GK Taylor, Friedel

FB Magnin, Shorey, Gardner

CB Davies, Knight

Wingers Milner, Shea

MC Petrov, Sidwell

ST Saivet

Routledge is only playing as I said in an earlier post he has been in some immense for.

Views on my team, improvements, players to sell would be welcomed.

thanks for any advice.

Edited to get it up to £65M did you cheat ?

Did you give the board ultimatum ?

i didn't cheat i was amazed when i realised i could up to £65M though i am over my wage budget by quite a bit so looking to get that cut in Jan. and i didn't do ultimatum 'cause i knew it would be pointless so early on in my save.

I've bought in Joe Mattock, Henri Saviet, Davide Santon and Michael Owen and got rid of marlon. doing well in europe against rubbish teams and having a pretty dire time in the prem. just switched to 4-1-3-2 and have started playing a bit better got liverpool next we'll see how it goes.

My european tour continues after beating Red Star 8-4 on Agg. after an exciting 3-3 draw at the holiest place on earth (not vatican city) Villa Park. after scoring 8 goals it sounds a bit stupid but i need to sort out my strikeforce as even though we seem to be prolific scorers in europe i can't seem to repeat that in the EPL and whenever i do score it seems to be my midfield doing it. anyone know any way to resolve my little league problem. my only real goal scorer, gabby, got injured in a England U21's match. I can now see what winds up managers IRL when it comes to needless friendlies! will keep updated throughout the season.

Yeah only flogged marlon.

team is;

GK Friedel

RB Young

LB Shorey

CB Davies

CB Laursen

DMC Reo-Coker

MR Milner

MC Barry

ML Young, A

ST Owen

ST Carew/ Gabby

bring in sidwell, santon, mattock and saivet for games against weaker teams.

corbs

maybe a change of tactic to a more attacking one will suit villa better but thats only a suggestion i'm not too sure about that.

a replacement for shorey and friedel are desperatley needed for what is expected of villa. friedel has been made so much worse than he actually is. also cuellar is probably a stronger cb than davies though both are pretty good. also instead of swapping carew and gabby around try swapping gabby around with owen as you need carew as a target man. let me know if any of these work out for you if you decide to use them. also try routledge he has been dynamite for me on the right. good luck.

mate this new tactic is actually stopping me being overrun with goals, which was happening before. cuellar had a run of shocking performances as did carew which is why they have been dropped. i agree about friedel hes not as good as he should be and shorey will lose his place to mattock soon. i thought it would be a cool day in hell before i played wayne routledge in my first team but i may just give it a go. cheers for the advice.

7 moths in to first season currently 5th place playing well with a 4-4-2 i think ive lost 1 game at home all season but about 4-5 away i cant seem to do well away from home ive managed afew smash and grab wins and some boring draws but home form is superb! i decided not to sign many people so i have belleti and torres on loan bought 3 youngsters all with good potential the best looks like rodney snejder. i decided to activate rossis minimum fee clause as ive heard good things about him and he would strengthen my forward line alot but...

6 games played 0 goals so very dissapointed with him, i didnt sell harewood over the summer as no suitable offers came in so when carew and agbonlahor both got injured i slotted him in and he scored 9 in 16 which is 3rd top scorer!

my goals for record is one of the best in the league yet my goals conceded is one of the worst can anyone recomend any signings for the next summer transfer window preferably a new keeper and a quality CB

cheers

Does anyone know whether I should accept this offer:

£15.5 Million plus Giovani Dos Santos for Gareth Barry??

This deal is better than the £25mil one. I would pay £25 mill just for Dos Santos in a few years!

Not doing bad at all but I havent played much. 1/4 of the season gone and 2nd in the league.

Need an AMC, LB, RB, GK any ideas. These will be bought at the start of the 09/10 season. Will pay upto £20mil for any one player as long as they are young (under 25).

Hobgob.

Just started my 3rd season with Villa!

1st seaon - 5th in Prem on goal diff! Phew!

Uefa Cup - Lost in final v AC Milan

IN: Balotelli, Keita, Baines, Milevskiy, Giovinco, Srna

OUT: Harewood, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Sallifou

2nd Season - 2nd in Prem

Uefa Cup - Semi Final loss V Sevilla

FA Cup - Won!!

Carling Cup - Won!!

IN: Richards, Gillheurme, Marquinos, Brown, Palombo

OUT: Barry and loads of others

3rd Season

IN: Doni, Sidnei, Tevez, Aguero, Jovetic, Garay and loads of youngsters

OUT: None so far

Formation:

GK

DR DC DC DL

DM DM

( )

V V

WL WR

( )

V V

FC FC

Doni / Friedel

Srna / Brown

Baines / Guilherrme

Richards / Laursen

Garay / Davies / Sidnei

Keita / Palombo

Velsoso

Balotelli / Young

Marquinhos / Giovinco

Tevez / Milevskiy

Aguero / Jovetic

Just started my 3rd season with Villa!

1st seaon - 5th in Prem on goal diff! Phew!

Uefa Cup - Lost in final v AC Milan

IN: Balotelli, Keita, Baines, Milevskiy, Giovinco, Srna

OUT: Harewood, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Sallifou

2nd Season - 2nd in Prem

Uefa Cup - Semi Final loss V Sevilla

FA Cup - Won!!

Carling Cup - Won!!

IN: Richards, Gillheurme, Marquinos, Brown, Palombo

OUT: Barry and loads of others

3rd Season

IN: Doni, Sidnei, Tevez, Aguero, Jovetic, Garay and loads of youngsters

OUT: None so far

Formation:

GK

DR DC DC DL

DM DM

( )

V V

WL WR

( )

V V

FC FC

Doni / Friedel

Srna / Brown

Baines / Guilherrme

Richards / Laursen

Garay / Davies / Sidnei

Keita / Palombo

Velsoso

Balotelli / Young

Marquinhos / Giovinco

Tevez / Milevskiy

Aguero / Jovetic

Well done mate you doing well.

Is there any chance you can explain the tactic to me.

Or if you downloaded send me a link?

Thanks

just beat chelsea 3-2!!! 2-0 up at HT and in the 77th min. frey literally stood there let lampard take the ball off him and place it in the net to equalise!? and a nice 90+6 min header sealed pogrebnyak's hat-trick. hoping i won't be winning too many scrappy games like that again unless it is against someone like Milan;)

What's going on !!!! P5 W0 D2 L3 F3 A7 Pts 2 ???

Ive tried 4-4-2 & 4-3-2-1 with no joy. Is using 3D match engine jinxed compared to 2D ?

Friedel - L.Young Davies/Cueller Laursen Shorey/Mathieu Sidwell/Reo Coker Petrov Barry Agbonlahor/Milner A.Young Carew/Owen

Currently in december in my first season with aston villa

Dissapointing 14th in the table.

through to the knockout stages of the euro cup.

signed veloso for 12m and to be honest hes not doing that well at all.

also signed heskey for around 3m but hes not upto much either.

Will be trying to bring in diarra from portsmouth and elano from man city in january with any left over money going towards a striker. May also be tempted into selling barry for around £20-25m in january.

hey luton i was in your situation, but have started to turn it around in the new year. sold reo-coker for 20m to man city and carlos cuellar to arsenal for 14m. bought in lorik cana and valon behrami. in the semis of the fa and 2nd knock out of the uefa.

Guest mikeytwigge
hey luton i was in your situation, but have started to turn it around in the new year. sold reo-coker for 20m to man city and carlos cuellar to arsenal for 14m. bought in lorik cana and valon behrami. in the semis of the fa and 2nd knock out of the uefa.

i got 20 for cuella from madrid in jan.

anybody else had a problem with there back five even thoughthey are all UEFA Cup quality??? even though i score bags of goals i always seem to let in goals!? also does anyone have any tips on how to improve away form?

(have signed Srna and Frey aswell)

People seem to be having a mixed time of it.

I am really struggling, can't win a game. Didn't buy anybody, went into the season with the team that we are playing in real life and getting killed every game. I am playing a standard 442.

Has anybody found good formations/tactics with the current team?

People seem to be having a mixed time of it.

I am really struggling, can't win a game. Didn't buy anybody, went into the season with the team that we are playing in real life and getting killed every game. I am playing a standard 442.

Has anybody found good formations/tactics with the current team?

use 4-4-2 but have 2 wingers milner and young IMO hope it helps also set carew as your TM

just stumbled through the Carling Cup Fourth Round after a worrying 2-1 win v Hull :s Agbonlahor scored on his return from injury and now both my russian strikers are injured just after starting to find form :( currently fifth P12 W7 D2 L3 GF20 GA16 Pts23 also lying top of UEFA Group C after 4-1 win at home v Deportivo and an away 2-2 draw v Stuttgart

use 4-4-2 but have 2 wingers milner and young IMO hope it helps also set carew as your TM

Thats exactly what i was doing, and P8 L6 D1 W1

Friedel, Young, Shorey, Laursen, Cuellar, Milner, Young, Barry, Reo-Coker, Gabby, Carew.

Thanks for the reply, just nothing seems to be working. I didn't want to buy many players because i actually see what Villa were actually like. Got Carew as my TM, slow tempo, try to give Young a bit more of a free role. but still nothing !

just stumbled through the Carling Cup Fourth Round after a worrying 2-1 win v Hull :s Agbonlahor scored on his return from injury and now both my russian strikers are injured just after starting to find form :( currently fifth P12 W7 D2 L3 GF20 GA16 Pts23 also lying top of UEFA Group C after 4-1 win at home v Deportivo and an away 2-2 draw v Stuttgart

Could you tell me your tactics and formations? I am really struggling!

Thanks

Archived