FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

Could you tell me your tactics and formations? I am really struggling!

Thanks

4-4-2 with FA's on full backs and side midfielders

team instructions:

mentality=attacking

creative freedom=much

passing style=direct

tempo=quick

width=wide

closing down=own half

using TM, counter attack and tight marking

hope it helps you

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really finding it hard to get a tactic that works! I have tried several of my own and have built it based on the player strengths but I'm 12th after 12 games.

Has any of you guys got a tactic that has proven successful with Villa?

The only first team player I have signed is Owen for 5 mil. Invested the rest in youth players.

im still in 14th i just cant seem to get up the table even though im winning a lot more games now. uefa cup final against spurs coming up.

well done and good luck in europe. but looks like you've been unlucky in the prem hope you turn it around that is if you've still got the job;)

i lost the dressing room awhile ago to be fair and just been very lucky in the cups. didn't help that my gf turned my laptop of when it was unsaved and i subsequently lost a load of games id won or drawn before. hows everyone else doing?

My dressing room has completely gone

squad harmony at an all time low

veloso still not performing and seems to be the biggest flop of all time

Doing terribly in the prem in 14th posistion

but in the 2nd knockout rnd of the uefa cup

Cant believe i havent been sacked!

So I’ve finally got round to starting my Villa save :D

After requesting more transfer funds and additional wages, I messed about with the budget and ended up with £33m to spend. Rather than just tinker with the team I decided to make massive changes:

Transfers In

Miguel Veloso – £12.25m

Guiseppe Rossi – £9.25m

Ignacio Camacho – £8m

Sergio Asenjo – £7.5m

Michael Owen – £5.75m

Ramires – £5.25m

Marcelo – £4.4m

Miguel Torres – £2m

Martin Cacares – Loan

Belletti – Loan

Mario Ballotelli – Loan

Total – £54.4m

Transfers Out

Barry – £20m (Man City)

Petrov – £5m (Middlesbrough)

Harewood – £3.4m (West Brom)

Taylor – £1.5m (Man City

Mikaelson – £40k (Cardiff)

Albrighton – Loan

Bannon – Loan

Williams – Loan

Total – £29.9m

I also unsuccessfully tried to offload Knight, Sidwell, Salifou & Routledge.

GK – Friedel / Asenjo

DR – Belletti / Young

DL – Shorey / Torres / Bouma

DC – Cuellar / Caceres

DC – Laursen / Davies

MR – Young / Balotelli

ML – Marcelo / Milner

MC – Reo-Coker © / Camacho

MC – Veloso / Ramires

ST – Owen / Carew

ST – Rossi / Agbonlahor

My early results have gone as follows:

Saturn (H) 0-0 – Intertoto 3rd Rd 1st Leg

Saturn (A) 1-0 – Intertoto 3rd Rd 2nd Leg

C Palace (A) 3-0 – Friendly

Lyon (A) 1-0 – Friendly

Legia (A) 3-0 – UEFA Cup 2nd Qual Rd 1st Leg

West Brom (A) 0-0 – League

Blackburn (H) 1-0 – League

Legia (A) 1-1 – UEFA Cup 2nd Qual Rd 2nd Leg (played second string)

Portsmouth (A) 1-3 – League

In the Portsmouth game we completely dominated and with 5 minutes to go it was still 1-1. Belletti made two errors in the last 5 minutes which both resulted in goals.

Not too bad a start though :)

Is it only me who tries to keep in spirit of the club, ie: buying youngsters, mainly british, keeping the quality players that we know n love in real life. Dosent matter how much anyone offered me for Young or Barry, if there playing well I wouldnt sell. In 3 seasons you've got a whole new team, ok its full of superstars but its not villa anymore :o(

Just starting 2nd season with Villa. Finished 12th first season, semi's of league and fa cup. 1/4's of UEFA.

Team

GK Foster/Friedel

RB Belletti/L.Young

CB Davies

CB Barzagli/Tamas

LB Rat.Shorey

RM Milner

CM Barry

CM Reo-Coker

LM A. Young

CF Cordozo/Keirrison

CF Saivet / Jovetic (god)

5 games in w 4 L 1. The loss a 3-2 at Old Trafford after being 2-0 up at half time! GRRRRRR! Damn that C.ROnaldo with his 2nd half hat-tricks!

Tried to keep it as Villa as poss but its difficult as defence is not up to much and Gabby/Carew are god awful! Sold Cuellar to Man City for 20m!!

in Jan of first season, started off on fire using an attacking 3-5-2 formation with all mids pressing forward. However middle of Nov i was 4th and the downfall began as had all the top 4 in a row, lost 3 drew 1 (Chelsea). Now the results arent as good. Did beat blues in the FA cup third Road, loved that.

Gabby has been awesome so far, so has Young. Need to start pushing up the table again as in 10th. This game is so addictive.

Looking at offloading Barry for £25 to Man City, any one recommend a few good players U25 that i could bring in, need a Left or Right Winger, midfielder and a striker. Everyone that i look at their star rating is less than what i already have.

Just playing a standard 4-4-2 attcking to be honest. Nothing fancy. Just finding this guy is one of the best players i've had on champo/footie manager since 1993!!!!!

Im flying 2nd season, scoring goals for fun! Jovetic p 17 scored 14 from left wing!!!

i try and keep the villa team as villa as i can and whats this about carew and gabby not been performing for you? gabby has scored 21 and set up 12 only 3 quarters through the first season

Carew not as good but has had more injuries so only played around 25 and scored 10 with 7 assists so not bad but he holds the ball up very well and contributes to alot of goals.

one recomendation DO NOT buy rossi he has played 14 and scored 1 which for a 10 mill striker is not good enough anyone know how i should play him to get him to start scoring?

Archived