FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finally found a good tactic set through the tactics & training thread on this forum (I've tried countless of my own, none of which have worked at all); so I'm starting a new game with the Villa.

IN:

Robert Lewandowski - £1m

Paulo Ferreira - £1.3m

Daniel Aquino - £350k

Emerson - Loan (£500k initial fee, 50% wages)

Filipe - £4.5m

Squad:

GK: Friedel/Guzan

LB: Shorey/Filipe (will probably sell Bouma in January)

RB: L. Young/Ferreira (Gardner can cover also)

CB: Cuellar/Knight

CB: Laursen/Davies

LM: A.Young/Aquino/Filipe

RM: Milner/Routledge (gabby if needs must)

CM: Emerson/Reo-Coker/Petrov

CM: Barry/Sidwell/Salifou/Gardner

ST: Carew/Lewandowski

ST: Gabby/Harewood/Fonz

Cheers.

Hey there guys, I've started again as Villa (had a break from my old game and it just can't hold my interest anymore) and am in desparate need of someone who can come on at 60/70 mins and get me out of these 0-0 or 1-1 draws. After 15 played I've won 4 lost 3 and drawn 8 (although 2 of the drawns were away to Chelsea and Man U.) I've got about £20M for the January window but I also need a defender as Davis is out for 6 more months. Any good suggestions for an impact player would be great!

Hey there guys, I've started again as Villa (had a break from my old game and it just can't hold my interest anymore) and am in desparate need of someone who can come on at 60/70 mins and get me out of these 0-0 or 1-1 draws. After 15 played I've won 4 lost 3 and drawn 8 (although 2 of the drawns were away to Chelsea and Man U.) I've got about £20M for the January window but I also need a defender as Davis is out for 6 more months. Any good suggestions for an impact player would be great!

Guiseppe rossi is available for 16.25m, but if you need a defender maybe not him, try and get borriello from AC milan on loan he's pretty good

god knows why, but i only just bought the game yesterday, and thought villa were a great team to start with :thup:

well anyway, on the 9.0.0 patch currently and wondering who to buy to play alongside Barry in my 4-1-2-2-1:

(currently playing Petrov there)

GK: Friedel

DR:Young

DL: Shorey

DC: Cuellar

DC: Davies/Laursen (depends on the kind of strikers i'm against)

DM: Reo-Coker

CM: Petrov

CM: Barry

WR: Agbonlahor

WL: Young

FC: Carew

So far i've put in alot of bids for CMs and my best prospects look to be either Veloso or Zapater

So i was just wondering

1. Who you think I should go for

and 2. if not one of them, who else would you recommend?

In terms of cover for positions I should be fine, bringing in a ton of loan players

And I'm selling the deadwood e.g. harewood, petrov, salifou etc so should get a good bit of money from that

Any help would be very much appreciated :D

god knows why, but i only just bought the game yesterday, and thought villa were a great team to start with :thup:

well anyway, on the 9.0.0 patch currently and wondering who to buy to play alongside Barry in my 4-1-2-2-1:

So far i've put in alot of bids for CMs and my best prospects look to be either Veloso or Zapater

So i was just wondering

In terms of cover for positions I should be fine, bringing in a ton of loan players

And I'm selling the deadwood e.g. harewood, petrov, salifou etc so should get a good bit of money from that

Moutinho is the man for me, i got him for £12m in the first season summer window. Absolutely outstanding for me over my 7 season Villa career and was made captain after my first season.

So i was just wondering

I have pretty much the same formation as you (instead of DM I have 3 MC) and Diarra has been fantastic as the second attacking MC. 23 games 6 goals 11 assists and a 7.46 av rating. He's the one to go for!

So i was just wondering

If you find you are getting overwhelmed with injuries I would recommend patching to 9.2 version. 9.0 was silly with early season injuries.

Guiseppe rossi is being the best striker i've ever had at the minute, overall he has 13 goals and 9 assists in 16 apps, but in the league he has 11 goals in 11 apps and 7 assists, if you have 16.25m to spare get rossi, you might be able to get him for cheaper but if not his minimum release clause is only that much

Hi im thinking about starting a Villa games sounds fun on 9.2

Is there any position i need players?

Can you reccomend players?

diarra, a left back (i got lukovic hes ok), at least one striker (i got keirrison and then boriello on loan in january) and someone like angel di maria aswell is a good choice

I got £46M for Reo-coker at the start of my game. You can replace him for £12M and have plenty to spare :)

Don't sell Barry though! Not for 20M at least...... Between 30 and 40M maybe.

who the hell bought reo-coker for 46 mil at the start of the game?! and how the hell did u manage that

who the hell bought reo-coker for 46 mil at the start of the game?! and how the hell did u manage that

When I started my first Villa game when 09 first came out, I got an enquiry for Man City for Reo-Coker and I kept reloading it just to see how ridiculous Man City were and I got it up to £50M once. If you offer him to clubs for £50M on the very first day Man City will accept.

Oh and this is the 9.0.1 patch. 9.0.2 seemed to take twice as long to do anything on my comp.

Not sure whether to start a villa season cuz it always gets me mad that I cant win games with them and never seem to score.

Id like to start a season with them if anyone can advise me what tactics and team instructions could work as none of mine seem to do any good

Thanks for ya help

Not sure whether to start a villa season cuz it always gets me mad that I cant win games with them and never seem to score.

Id like to start a season with them if anyone can advise me what tactics and team instructions could work as none of mine seem to do any good

Thanks for ya help

I use 4-1-2-1-2,

second season my starting line up is

GK:Ochoa

DR: N'Koulou

DC: Taylor

DC: Breno

DL: Lukovic

DM: Diarra

MR: Simone Pepe

ML: Ashley young

AMC: Affelay/Di maria can't decide

FC: Guiseppe Rossi

FC: Agbonlahor

Im 1st atm just gone january

I use 4-1-2-1-2,

second season my starting line up is

GK:Ochoa

DR: N'Koulou

DC: Taylor

DC: Breno

DL: Lukovic

DM: Diarra

MR: Simone Pepe

ML: Ashley young

AMC: Affelay/Di maria can't decide

FC: Guiseppe Rossi

FC: Agbonlahor

Im 1st atm just gone january

how did you manage to afford all of them mate?

did you sell most of the squad?

cheers for your reply by the way

Just started a Villa game and am really enjoying it, as I have struggled to get in to FM this year.

So far I've signed-

Mosquera-Loan

Nesmaychi (sp)-loan

Witsel-Deal worth 6.25m

Defour-Same as Witsel

Milevskyi-10m

Makukula-120k.

Playing a 451

Friedel

Young

Cuellar

Laursen/Davies

Shorey

Witsel

Defour

Barry

Agbonlahor/Milner

Young

Milevskyi

Started well if unspectacular, 3 1-0 wins in a row in the Premiership followed by a 2-0 loss to Sunderland and a poor 1-0 loss against NEC. Milevskyi who had failed to score previously demolished Boro' with 4 goals, left foot, right foot, header and 25 yarder to win 5-2.

Just about to play Chelsea and am currently 2nd behind Everton who've taken 15 from 5. Cuellar is a rock when fit, when Witsel, Defour and Barry all play I dominate the midfield and move wide quickly to use the pace of Gabby and Young.

Only aiming for top 6 but anything more would be great. Will look to strengthen the GK and FB areas in the summer as the standard isn't great but would be great backups.

Alright guys...any advice on formation i could use with this team, played 3 league games got 2 points but dominate the games!

Bought:

Miguel Veloso - 12m

Lassana Diarra - 11m

Fernando Arce - 1.5m

Christian Benitez - 1.5m

Michael Owen - 8.5m

Paulo Ferreira and Jozy Altidore - Season Long Loans

Sold:

Gareth Barry - 18m

Zat Knight - 4m

Marlon Harewood - 4m

Stiliyan Petrov - 5m

im really bad at keeping players, Everyone wants them and then the player complains if i dont negotiate (even though im 1st in the league and the teams that want the players are like 5th and 6th) and then for some reason i feel guilty and negotiate, get alot of money for them and then just spend it on straight replacements, i sold diarra and zucculini, and replaced them with bolzoni and miguel veloso, im thinking of replacing carew or agbonlahor aswell

In January first season now, currently sitting 4th, 3 points off second with a game in hand. Everton, yes Everton have run away with it, 14 clear already.

After his blistering start Milevskyi had a 2 month drought but has now scored 4 in 3. Still not sure on my midfield 3, Witsel is playing well but not overly consistnet, Barry is hit and miss and Defour hasnt quite settled. Milner and Young are awesome on the wings and Gabby is a great supersub, has 12 goals for me.

Santon has relpaced Luke Young with incredible consistency, avg rat of about 7.4. Shorey is up for sale having lost his place to Nesmachnyi who has been superb. Mattock has come in as the young prospect so is now backup for Nes. Bouma will be returning soon and with Nesmachnyi only on loan I'm wondering whether to keep him and sell Bouma or vice versa.

Hi guys, thought i'd start a game with villa and see how it goes. Managed to sign Mattock for £3.1m, Di Maria for £7.5m and Pogrebnyak for £5m, going by the recommendations of the other guys in the thread.

However, made a massive mistake by accidentally making all my first teamers available for a reserve game on the same day as my intertoto cup game, so had to play all my reserves! Got thumped 3-1 by G.Beerschot, which makes the 2nd leg even more difficult than it should be! Hopefully im not out of europe before the premiership begins, what a joke that would be!

Just about to start 4th season with Villa,

current team (4-4-1-1)

Mandanda

Heitinga Zapata Sakho Vargas

Marquinhos Inler Veloso Guardado

M.Fernandez

Pandev

Subs:

Asenjo, Davies, L.Diarra, Ribery, Cardozo, Laurito, Foti.

Others:

Pichu Atienza, F.Simons(regen - DL), Rafinha, Thiago(regen - DR/DMC/MC), Mascio, Zehman(regen - ML/FC), B.Simons(regen - MR/FC), Fleck, Jankovic.

Won league with 100 points (31 wins 7 draws 0 defeats), 10 ahead of Arsenal.

Still playing with no patch so I believe it's easier to get ridiculous transfer fees for players still. Got far too much for Barry, Young, Carew, Reo-Coker etc and then for Lugano, Radoi, Faubert...

Currently trying to sign Messi but no luck so far. May get Aguero whilst his min release clause is still in the £30m's. Ronaldo, Walcott, Ramos and Fabregas will have to wait until I've had a couple more years of Premiership supremacy. Got over £100m to spend now. Fazio and Obertan being closer monitered.

Will try post a screen shot later.

ps. Anyone starting a new game with whoever, if you have more than £10m to spend you should get Matias Fernandez. IMHO easily the best player in the game if you play him in AMC and takes penalties and free kicks. Scored 19 and 18 in last 2 seasons in prem, with 13 then 22 assists. Still can't win world player of year though which is annoying.

You have no real Villa players left :O.

Has anyone found that Reo-Coker and Barry play really well together compared to Barry and Petrov?

Barry and Petrov just can't get things together for me in the midfield but with Reo-coker and Barry they play really well.

Archived