FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

I started a new save, took the 3m top half finish expectation so i was willing to sell a few players to bring my own in.

Swapped Reo-coker for yobo plus 9 mil, on my other save reo-coker was not great didnt get over a 7 in match ratings.

City come in for Agbonlahor i got them up to 35mil so i accepted it i just think i can make my team better with that money. Brought defour for 6 mil, santon for 950k and currently trying to get a ST and a GK maybe Ochoa or Asenjo.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, well I finished my first season as Villa manager yesterday, so I better let you all know how I got on.

Premier League

I started the season fairly poor, I wasn't helped by having to play Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all within the first 7 games of the season. I didn't expect to get wins against the big 4 to start with, but I also lost to Blackburn & Wigan early on. After 5 games I was rock bottom, and already some of the players had lost confidence in my ability. However, I stuck to my tactics and gave the team time to pick the results up, and it worked. I ended up finishing 6th in the league, I think I would have finished higher but injuries to a fairly small squad took there toll late on in the season, and I only picked up 3 wins in the last 11 games. I was really pleased with my home form throughout the season, losing just 2 games in the league at Villa Park. My away form was my undoing though, just 6 victories away with 11 defeats, something I will have to work on for the 2nd season. Notable results were a 2-1 win over Man Utd, a 2-0 win over Chelsea and a 2-0 win over Arsenal (all at home!)

Euro Cup

We made it through to the group stages comfortably. We didn't have the hardest of groups, with only CSKA posing us any kind of problems. We qulified 2nd in the group behind CSKA and drew Glasgow Rangers in the 1st knockout round. We won the home leg 4-2, but I fielded largly a back-up team in the 2nd leg as I had so many injury's, and it backfired as we lost 2-0 on the night and went out on the away goal rule.

FA Cup

We beat Cardiff in the 3rd round, then Portsmouth in the 4th round. We drew Arsenal at home in the 5th round. We drew with Arsenal 1-1 at Villa Park, but lost the replay at the Emirates 2-0.

Carling Cup

We beat Tranmere 4-1 in the 3rd round. We drew our nemisis in the shape of Arsenal in the 4th round. What was to follow was the most amzing game I have had on FM09. I went to the Emirates not expecting to get anything as my away form had been rubbish all season. Within the opening half hour I was 5-0 down. They tore us apart, the pace of Walcott really destroying us. By half time the score was 6-1. I got angry with the players to see if I could get a reaction. I did. Although the final scoreline of 7-4 meant we still went out, the performance in the 2nd half was outstanding. Both teams just didn't seem to be able to defend at all and it was like watching a basketball game.

Signings/Sales

I made a promise to myself that I would try to keep the team/squad as English/British as possible.

In:

Ledley King - 9m

Phil Jagielka - 6m

Goran Pandev - 10m

Glen Johnson - 11m

Ben Foster - 1m

Daniel Sturridge - 1.8m

Nedum Onouha - 4.1m

Mario Balotelli - loan

Out:

Nigel Reo-Coker - 7.5m

John Carew - 5m

Martin Laursen - 3.5m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.5m

Marlon Harewood - 2.5m

Wilfred Bouma - 3m

Best Performances

Pandev was outstanding. Top rated performer with an average rating of 7.32 and 27 goals, 17 in the league.

Agbonlahor (17 goals), Ashley Young and Ledley King were all amazing for me as well.

The Future

Well, I need to bring in some quality in central midfield I think. Barry performed very well, and Gardner can do a very good job as a rotation player, but I think I need an attacking central midfielder and a defensive one to compete with the big boys. Not too sure yet as to who, think I'm running out of English options, so may look at Veloso & Moutinho. Other than that I'm pretty happy, but if someone quality becomes avaliable then I would consider it, depending on the budget I am given.

Looks like youve done a good job there davehanson. I would strongly recommend Veloso and Moutinho. They are both key players in my team and i got them both for £13.5Million in August 2008. Im currently fighting off advances for Hulk, Young, Moutinho and Veloso. Ive recieved offers of £25million+ from Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Valencia, Juventus and Manchester City for all of them. Ive rejected them all and i am not willing to sell any of them, not even for £50Million.

I don't think I am going to be able to get either Moutinho or Veloso at the moment. Neither are interested in joining me - had a bid of 18m for Veloso accepted, but he wouldn't accept a contract offer - even at 87k a week.

What about moving Young to the right wing and bringing in a new left wing. If thats an option then you could look at Rodriquez from Porto, Zhirkov (if he hasn't moved somewhere already) or even Stewart Downing does a good job on FM. If you don't want to move Young then look at Quaresma from Inter - he usually goes in the reserves after his loan finishes or perhaps Balotelli.

I don't have any experience with Marquinhos- have been tracking him in my save, but am not 100% sure.

What about moving Young to the right wing and bringing in a new left wing.

That's what I done.. I played Young on the right and brought in Mathias Fernandez on the left.

And they have been extreme on the wings

Ashley Young: 26(1) app., 5 goals, Rating - 7.32*

Mathias Fernandez: 27(2) app., 8 goals, Rating - 7.36*

*as of first of January

Yeh see i thought about playing Young on the right wing, but i consider him to be the best player in my team and i want him to be playing in his natural position, and cutting in to strike them on his natural foot. In my first season he got 19 goals and 24 assists from the left wing position. So i really dont want to move him. Im currently tracking Balotelli, Marquinhos and Obasi for the right wing. Marquinhos is my first choice but they want £22Million which i think it a bit much, even though i could be willing to pay it. Balotelli is my second choice but its doubtful if he will sign up, and im unsure of how much i would have to pay. Obasi is my back up option. If i cant get either of the first two i will go for him. Is £22Million for Marquinhos too much? I dont have any experience with him so im not sure how well he would do, but he did get 14 goals in 30 matches with an average rating of 7.54 in the 2008 Brazilian National League.

My Board will only allow me to offer up to 17k for a backup player. I have 300k left in my salary budget... is there anyway to get them to change it, because otherwise i will have to promise back up and prospect players rotational places in my team.

Yeh see i thought about playing Young on the right wing, but i consider him to be the best player in my team and i want him to be playing in his natural position, and cutting in to strike them on his natural foot. In my first season he got 19 goals and 24 assists from the left wing position. So i really dont want to move him. Im currently tracking Balotelli, Marquinhos and Obasi for the right wing. Marquinhos is my first choice but they want £22Million which i think it a bit much, even though i could be willing to pay it. Balotelli is my second choice but its doubtful if he will sign up, and im unsure of how much i would have to pay. Obasi is my back up option. If i cant get either of the first two i will go for him. Is £22Million for Marquinhos too much? I dont have any experience with him so im not sure how well he would do, but he did get 14 goals in 30 matches with an average rating of 7.54 in the 2008 Brazilian National League.

Assuming you are talking about Marquinhos from Palmeiras, yes he is worth £22Million, now and long term. :thup:

Well i went through with buying Marquinhos but now i have a dilemma. Ive been offered Vukcevic for £6.75Million. I dont need him as i have Moutinho, Defour and Wilshere for attacking midfield options. What do i do? Thats an amazing price for him and im struggling to turn it down... so i really dont know what to do. I also have a £20Million budget after signing Marquinhos, Sakho, Wilshere and Lansbury.

I just though, i could use him in rotation with Ashley Young at AML. That way, when Young is tired, injured or w/e i can use Vukcevic. For £6.75Million its a hell of a lot cheaper than £13.75M for Alex Teixeira or £17.5M for Stevan Jovetic (my other two choices for that role).

I just commited a cardinal sin (Well in my eyes anyway)

IRL I vowed never to go back to an ex-girlfriend because they're obviously ex for reason...

Should I have the same rules in football management...

I sold Agbonlahor to Chelsea January 2009 (Season 1) for £15,000,000. I brought in Hulk as a replacement

I have a regen who statistically is a great player, but doesn't perform.

Roll around January 2011. Hmmmm I'll buy Agbonlahor back..

I got him for £7,500,000 so i got a profit of £7,500,000... woohoo

Might offload Carew and use the regen as back-up...

I've spent £37,000,000 this season (record) and i still have over £50,000,000 to spend...+ Im £300,000 below wage budget

I think the chairman has a crush on me :|

Just finished my first season and it was a limp over the finish line if I'm honest. Much like Villa IRL we were off well, flirting with the top four right up until April time, however Man City (who have quickly become a super power :-/) were too strong. Then when it looked like fifth was ours, we continued to falter against teams where 3pts should be secured (drawing to Middlesborough, losing to Sunderland and drawing to Stoke). Eventually we clung on to sixth and a place in Europe next year is at least ours (and the income!)

The instant problem which is evident in my squad is when we lose, we lose in style...heavily...our goals against record (63!!) was bettered only by all three relegated teams. Albeit Agbonlahor was the premier leagues top scorer with 19 goals, tied with Robinho.

Ben Foster really doesn't provide me with ANY confidence at all. Friedel has been my #1 throughout but in the games Foster has come in, he has been very much like he is IRL, someone who tends to flap. He conceded far too many from saving and not getting up quick enough for my liking, so pending finances, I may look for a GK next season.

With regards to my signings this season:

Adam Lallana seemed exciting in the games he played.

Vuckic hasn't featured yet but at only 16 there is plenty of time for him to grow as a player for me.

Jagielka is as people have mentioned, sound and solid.

Konko has got better and better as he has played more games, now featuring in the french national side.

Collinson, as a player I like IRL, he has been a safe buy. Never really made any mistakes nor ignited the season.

Carlos Vela - 15 league goals for the season, he faded towards the end of the season.

Transfers arriving in the summer:

Rafael Van der Vaart

Adel Taarabt

Michael Johnson

Jonjo Shelvey

It sounds like you did the opposite of me Wilson. I got off to a bad start but finished strong. I can't have too many complaints about finishing 5th but i do feel that my poor start, mixed with a lack of depth and having to play the big four in my final 5 games, all contributed towards me not making the Champions League. But because of winning the Euro Cup and FA Cup im not all too bothered.

Other than the little slip up at the end you seem to have done a good job. Some good signings there, Collison is a player ive been tracking a while and i will be very interested to see how he turns out for you. Van der Vaart is a really good buy, i thought about getting him too but im pretty stacked in the centre midfield / attacking midfield area so decided against it. One thing ive noticed it that perhaps you should look for a new centre back as Lauren is ageing and should only play a backup role in season 2.

Im just preparing for season 2 as i took a couple days off from FM.

just finished season 3 in 6th but no Europe :|

They gave it to Chelsea, who finished 11th, I'm guessing Fair Play, but haven't seen the Fair Play Draw yet.

Too be honest, I don't mind having another year out of Europe, seemed to play better last season with out it

I'll write a full update later on.

In my first season with Villa, now in March

July transfer window, in: Tranquillo Barnetta £4.8m

Out: Moustapha Salifou £1.8m [Portsmouth]

Jan transfer window, in: Jonjo Shelvey £1.2m (awesome youth prospect from Charlton), Jorge Fucile £7.5m, Dmitri Payet £11m, Joleon Lescott £10 - P/Ex, Florent Sinama-Pongolle Ln Fee £825k (John Carew injured so needed someone to score goals), Ben Foster Ln Fee £200k (Friedel on poor form).

Out: Marlon Harewood £4.2 [Fulham], Carlos Cuellar £11.5m [Chelsea], Wilfried Bouma P-Ex [Everton]

In the top 3 until recently, currenty 5th but with a game in hand on Man Utd and Liverpool and will go ahead if I win my next game so I should stay 3rd. 2nd Knockout Round in the UEFA Cup against Portsmouth (1-1 on agg.), out of League Cup in Qtr. Final against Sunderland, and in Semi-Final of FA Cup against Liverpool.

Carew has scored 22 in 26 games at ave. rating of 7.53 but got injured in late December, Sinama-Pongolle has now scored 7 in 9 at ave. rating of 7.5 so not bad cover! Other star players Ashley Young with 13 goals & 24 assists in 47 games at ave. rating of 7.3, Gareth Barry with 11 goals and 10 assists in 42 games at ave. rating of 7.13 and Curtis Davies with an ave. rating of 7.11 in 33 games.

11 games to go... Bring on the Champions League :D

Ok a quick update from me as I reach the start of the second season. It was a flurry of activity really -

Laursen, due to his advancing years and davies being better, was shipped out to Sunderland for good money.

Cuellar returned from his season long loan to be poached over my head from Milan for a modest sum, I can't complain since he wasn't in my plans anyhow.

Shorey was sold off to Fulham.

Harewood I dropped for his lack of use, he joins Hull this season.

Milner, whilst sad to see him go as he had performed well, Sunderland offered me very good money for him so I felt the need to accept.

Heskey had never played much under me since I chose Vela and Agbonlahor, and with my decision to play only one striker this season - in an attempt to bolster the defence side of my game - he was released to Portsmouth for an acceptable amount given he hardly played under me.

Bouma joins Heskey at Portsmouth for a similar fee.

Luke Young to Portsmouth for a hefty price tag :)

This all in all freed up in excess of 40 million, which I have reinvested...

Nedum Onuoha arrived at a bargain price after City relegated him to the reserves

Martin Olsson from Blackburn excited my scout so following his advice I signed the left back (hence the exit of Shorey)

Julien Faubert was offered for a cheap price so I obliged

Moussa Sissoko was another player my scout found exciting and so I have gambled on.

Hulk for a slightly inflated price, but I managed to give him a greatly reduced contract; he initially wanted £83k a week! pfft!

Defensively, I am much happier. Olsson, Davies, Jagielka and Faubert will likely be my first choice back line.

I still have just shy of 30 million to spend, I am looking at Niko Kranjcar to offer to utilise my rotation of the front men. I am still reviewing GKs, Stekelenburg the Dutch keeper is a likely target.

I too have just got to the end of the 2009 summer transfer window.

IN:

Jack Wilshere - £3.8Million from Arsenal (Originally brought in as a prospect but played very well on his debut)

Mamadou Sakho - £13.25Million from Paris Saint-Germain (Backup for Jagielka and Davies... for now)

Henri Lansbury - £2.6Million from Arsenal (Prospect)

Marquinhos - £22.5Million from Palmeiras (Milners replacement on the right wing)

Jack Collison - £4.3Million from West Ham (Prospect)

Mark Beevers - £650K from Sheffield Wednesday (Prospect)

Joe Mattock - £3Million from Leicester City. (Backup for Guilherme)

OUT:

Several uneeded players left on a free transfer.

James Milner - £10.5Million to Liverpool. (Sad to see him go as he was good in season 1)

Luke Young - £10Million to Fulham. (With Santon and Gassama, why would i keep him at that price?)

Nickey Shorey - £7Million to Hull City. (Again.. with Guilherme and Mattock, why would i keep him at that price?)

I still have £31Million but couldnt find a use for it.

I got off to a great start with a 3-1 win against Newcastle United, and a 3-0 win against West Bromich Albion, and thats without Ashley Young and Marquinhos because of injury. However i lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the community shield, and 2-1 to Chelsea in the Super Cup. Hulk has got off to a great start with 4 in 3.

My team:

GK: Sergio Asenjo

RB: Davide Santon / Gassama (rotation)

CB: Phil Jageilka (captain)

CB: Curtis Davies / Sakho (rotation)

LB: Guilherme / Mattock (backup)

DM: Miguel Veloso / Nigel Reo-Coker (rotation)

CM: Joao Moutinho / Jack Collison (backup)

CM: Steven Defour / Jack Wilshere (rotation)

RW: Marquinhos / Henri Lansbury (backup)

LW: Ashley Young / Alexis Sanchez (rotation)

ST: Hulk / Agbonlahor (rotation)

Both of you have done exceptionally well in your transfer windows.

I seemed to have done better in my second season so I wish you all the best too.

I guess I must be up next for an update so I'll do it before i get too far into my pre-season for season 4

Ok so this is my update from January onwards...

We headed into the January Transfer window contest for the title in 3rd place behind the 2 Manchester teams.

And as per usual leading up to January, I had offers flying in from all over the continent for my key players.

I am still receiving & am still rejecting offers of £15,000,000+ for Barry, Young, Fernadez & Hulk.

Transfers In

Timothy Raynaud (£8,000,000) Le Mans - Decent defender and could move on to bigger things soon.

Gabriel Agbonlahor (£7,500,000) Chelsea - Why not buy him back for half the price I sold him for, + he's a known performer to me as he was quality pre-sale.

Transfers Out

Didn't sell any in this window but I have agreed to sell Miguel Torres to Chelsea for £7,000,000 at the end of the season.

Anderson Martins wasn't getting much playtime so I sent him out on loan to Olympique Lyonnais for the remainder of the season.

In the end we finished in 6th place and because of the Fair Play clause in Europe,

we missed out on a Euro Cup spot going to Chelsea in 11th

(might look for a cheap star from thier under perfroming squad :p).

As most of you will know.. I'm not too bummed about not playing in Europe and well thats just me.

Man City ended up winning the premiership comfortably by about 9 points over Man Utd.

I'll update more after pre-seasons complete

Bloody hell. People might not beleive this but iv started a game with Villa and in the 1st two months i managed to sign STEVEN GERRARD for a silly price. i paid 10m upfront and 40m over 24 months, then silly add ons after league goals etc. He appeared on my interested list in player search for some reason and was unhappy.

Could this have been a fall out with benitez in the game or a dodgy teamtalk during a friendly??

and before anyone asks im using the genuine 9.3 update patch with no edits involved.

And heres the crazy bit............ im now signing FERNANDO TORRES in january by the same way i signed gerrard.

He was unhappy also, could this have been because of the sale of gerrard??

none the less im delighted by it but will have to sell even more players so i dont go bankrupt!!

already sold Carew, Barry, reo-coker, salifou, harewood, knight and stuart taylor to raise funds. was also helped by my board raising my funds in november to get torres.

Bloody hell. People might not beleive this but iv started a game with Villa and in the 1st two months i managed to sign STEVEN GERRARD for a silly price. i paid 10m upfront and 40m over 24 months, then silly add ons after league goals etc. He appeared on my interested list in player search for some reason and was unhappy.

Could this have been a fall out with benitez in the game or a dodgy teamtalk during a friendly??

and before anyone asks im using the genuine 9.3 update patch with no edits involved.

And heres the crazy bit............ im now signing FERNANDO TORRES in january by the same way i signed gerrard.

none the less im delighted by it but will have to sell even more players so i dont go bankrupt!!

already sold Carew, Barry, reo-coker, salifou, harewood, knight and stuart taylor to raise funds. was also helped by my board raising my funds in november to get torres.

By selling that many players and only bringing in a couple you will have some serious problems with depth.

As I said in your locked post. You paid in excess of £50m for him...it doesn't surprise me. Congrats on the capture though :)

Post a screen up of how he is doing for you. How did you get so much money from those players?

I do remember Gerrard not playing for Liverpool for a number of games in my first season for what seemed no apparent reason, wasn't interested in me in the slightest though.

I knew this would have ended up in here eventually.. he'd be a great signing but i'd have kept Barry to play alongside.

like tweaked said, You're going to have alot of trouble with depth...

Give us some screenies of how you are going so far this season, your squad etc

As I said in your locked post. You paid in excess of £50m for him...it doesn't surprise me. Congrats on the capture though :)

Post a screen up of how he is doing for you. How did you get so much money from those players?

I do remember Gerrard not playing for Liverpool for a number of games in my first season for what seemed no apparent reason, wasn't interested in me in the slightest though.

the reason iv been able to sign these players is because iv done most of my transfers over months and very small amount upfront, with silly add ons like 20m after 50 leahue goals etc.. i sold Barry to fund the gerrard deal as id already used my money i started with to buy beckham(6m over 24 months), zhirkov(15m over 24 months) and vagner love(15m over 24 months).<--- to get these players i sold carew(9m to sunderland), petrov(9.5 to sunderland), heskey(7m to newcastle), reo-coker(7m to man city), gareth barry(26m to man city).

Then just before january my board upped my transfer budget from 500k to 20m( to my obvious delight!!), which i then went out and bought Torres with the same methods i got gerrard.

then i sold zat knight(6m to fulham) and harewood(4.5 to fulham) and with that cash i bought miguel veloso for midfield.

i will post screen shot later of my squad and the players. Torres had scored 17 in 21 for liverpool and has scored 8 in 6 since he became a villian!!

That is some nice scorlines from your under 18's

Do you think the squad will be able to eventually take over as the full first squad one day?

ye some will make the first team - one of the goalkeepers has great potential so i sent him to league 1 on loan where he played every league game

the top scoring striker is dubbed the new michael owen and looks fairly decent.

got my biggest hopes for this guy though

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5345/dambrosio.png

his positioning and off the ball are pretty poor unfortunatley

i do also have a zambian international right winger in the under 18's who will provide decent cover. especially seen as ashley young has decided he wants a fresh challenge

edit: just got £10 million for young from ac milan

ye some will make the first team - one of the goalkeepers has great potential so i sent him to league 1 on loan where he played every league game

the top scoring striker is dubbed the new michael owen and looks fairly decent.

got my biggest hopes for this guy though

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5345/dambrosio.png

his positioning and off the ball are pretty poor unfortunatley

i do also have a zambian international right winger in the under 18's who will provide decent cover. especially seen as ashley young has decided he wants a fresh challenge

edit: just got £10 million for young from ac milan

Only £10million for Ashley Young? There is no way i would ever sell him for that low a price.

Only £10million for Ashley Young? There is no way i would ever sell him for that low a price.

Me neither. I've slapped the 50m costing on him to avoid the board going over my head for anything low :)

Congrats on the youth team though mate, I don't think I have EVER seen that achieved. I had a friend who only conceded 4 in a season in the premier, but to get through without a single goal; immense!

Ambrosio looks pretty awesome for a 17 year old tbh.

Van der Vaart out for 5 months with a damaged ankle :( I knew he was injury prone but had no history in the opening season so I figured he would be a safer bet on my game...my gamble was wrong.

In comes Luka Modric - mainly me submitted to fan pressure which kept piling on their love of him, and then VdV injury left the space. Akinfeev has come in (for a heavy tag admittedly) as I have no faith in Foster as a first choice keeper. He has made some real clangers and the way the team looks atm, the GK area is the only weak spot.

Roll on a good season...

just beat arsenal 4-3 at home, having been 3-0 down after 60 minutes! Can not believe it! Delighted!

Me neither. I've slapped the 50m costing on him to avoid the board going over my head for anything low :)

Congrats on the youth team though mate, I don't think I have EVER seen that achieved. I had a friend who only conceded 4 in a season in the premier, but to get through without a single goal; immense!

Ambrosio looks pretty awesome for a 17 year old tbh.

How did you but the £50Million costing on him?

i honestly dont know if that would work. maybe it does never tried it.

although the board didn't go over my head on the ashley young deal. he was starting to get on my nerves by demaning to be a first team regular even though the games he missed were generally due to being injured

It has always prevented the board from accepting ridiculous amounts for my players. I can not be certain of this, but I think it prevents the board from being of the opinion that ashley young - transfer list price of £10m - is the value you are happy to accept for him, so if they offered £12m the board would accept.

By upping the asking price to the £50m I have never had the board come over me in any of my games.

HTH

I had some big offers like that as well. I had a £29Million offer for Sanchez from Liverpool. The board didnt go over my head and i turned it down. So i think anything below £30Million and they might not pull rank.

Im nearing January 2010 and have £30Million in my transfer budget. Im not sure if i should sign anyone though. Any ideas what, if anything i might need?

(Players with * are part of my starting 11)

GK: Sergio Asenjo *

GK: Brad Friedal

GK: Brad Guzan

RB: Davide Santon *

RB: Lamine Gassama

CB: Phil Jageilka *

CB: Curtis Davies *

CB: Mamadou Sakho

CB: Martin Laursen

CB: Mark Beevers

LB: Guilherme *

LB: Joe Mattock

LB: Diogo

DM: Miguel Veloso *

DM: Stylian Petrov

CM: Joao Moutinho *

CM: Steven Defour *

CM: Jack Wilshere

CM: Nigel Reo-Coker

CM: Jack Collison

RW: Marquinhos *

RW: Henri Lansbury

LW: Ashley Young *

LW: Alexis Sanchez

ST: Hulk *

ST: Gabriel Agbonlahor

ST: John Fleck

ST: Henri Saivet

i've had offers of close to £20,000,000 for Young & Barry but I'm still not selling and the board haven't gon over my head yet.

Its good to see the board has faith in my players too

ye ive gotta say ive never had the board go over my head about a player regardless of what ive been offered so far.

that being said i did bid for milans left back and it took a bid of £191 million before the milan board went over their managers head and accepted. needlees to say i didn't have the cash to buy him but still nice to know that he is almost impossible to sign unless i try unsettle him and hope he demands a transfer.

Well Brad Guzan, Mark Beevers, Diogo and Henri Saivet are all part of my reserves. I also have Craig Gardner, Barry Bannan and Nathan Delfouneso because i couldnt get them out on loan. Barry Bannan and Diogo i have my doubts about, but im sure Gardner, Saivet, Beevers and Guzan could step up if needs be. Maybe not play well, but sufficient in a crisis.

Archived