FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I need some advice. A lot of clubs are enquiring about Curtis Davies. I'm being offered on average £15m. I could probably get 20m up front for him I think and would replace him with someone like Sakho. Is it worth it or should I keep hold of him?

Chrisy:

ALT + F9, then you need to go to an image hosting site (i use tinypic) then upload yourscreenshot, i resize them to a 17 inch screen, then post the direct image link and wallah. Hope that makes sense!

Walk On:

I personnaly wouldnt sell him i think hes a great defender and his stats just keep goin up.

Just about to start the third season, and i'm looking to replace Luke Young- I don't rate Gardner highly in that position. Budget isn't a problem, as it'll be a long-term replacement for Young. I'd also like someone other than Srna and Santon.

See how Mazzarani has developed, and take a look at Azpilicueta.

Mazzarani looks pretty good for a 20 year old, stats are about the same as Gardener, if not better in the physical attributes department. He's co-owned by Juventus though, no idea how much it will take to get him. Azpilicueta has some pretty amazing stats, but he's being tailed by barcelona! I'll make a bid, and see how it goes.

Opare? San Ramon?

He's got great pace, but I need someone to replace Young now, rather than in the future, since I've managed to sell him. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in my earlier post. I can't find San Ramon in my database.

Opare? San Ramon?
It's José San Román, typo by me. Sorry. :thup:

ah, it might be because I haven't loaded all argentina players up in my game, since I can't find him. Wikipedia says he plays in the argentine leagues, but most of the players in those teams are greyed out.

I have just started a game with Villa and its mid October, I am in the 4th round of the Carling Cup vs Chelski, the group stages of the UEFA Cup and sitting first in the BPL with 21 points 3 ahead of Chelski. During the summer window I sold Zat Knight to Fulham for 4.5M, Harewood to Sunderland for 4.7M, Salifou to Pompey for 1.5M, Stuart to Chelski for 2.8M, Laurinson to Juve for 8 M and Mikelsson to Chester for 85K. I brought in Miguel Torres (RLB) from R Madrid for 3 M , lewandowski from Lech for 2.5M and Shirokov from Zenit for 6M.

I have just started a game with Villa and its mid October, I am in the 4th round of the Carling Cup vs Chelski, the group stages of the UEFA Cup and sitting first in the BPL with 21 points 3 ahead of Chelski. During the summer window I sold Zat Knight to Fulham for 4.5M, Harewood to Sunderland for 4.7M, Salifou to Pompey for 1.5M, Stuart to Chelski for 2.8M, Laurinson to Juve for 8 M and Mikelsson to Chester for 85K. I brought in Miguel Torres (RLB) from R Madrid for 3 M , lewandowski from Lech for 2.5M and Shirokov from Zenit for 6M.

wish I sold Zat Knight in my first season now, thought he would be useful in the backup role but he got easily replaced by a younger DC- hen ended up in the reserves in my second season and is now worth 650k!

Update:

Didn't update all of you about the end of my second season at Villa. I won the Premier League eventually with 94 points (P38,W30, D4, L4) 15 ahead of Chelsea in second. Lost 2-1 on aggregate to Man Utd in the defence of my Europa League title. Also lost to Liverpool on penalties in the FA Cup. All in all, it was certainly a successful season, with the Carling Cup and Euro Super Cup very welcome bonuses to the main achievement of winning the league.

The Third Season was also very successful, even more so than the previous one. I defended the title with a repeat 94 points (P38, W29, D7, L2) but Chelsea were much closer this time. I was unbeaten at home and only losing at the Emirates on the opening day, and Chelsea during the run-in. Between these defeats, I went 32 games unbeaten in the league. The defence was immense as I only conceded 17 goals all season.

In the summer I had 2 big signings. Firstly, I decided Asenjo could be improved upon if I wanted to challenge in Europe, so I swooped for Leverkusen's Rene Adler, he wasn't very cheap at £20M but he was a definite improvement on Asenjo according to my scout, and I did notice that the defence shipped a few less goals than it did before, but that could be down partly to my other big signing, Juan Manuel Vagras who cost me £15M but has been worth every penny. I've had to fend off offers of nearly £40M from Barca the following off-season. I also decided to shift Vagner Love in January, I thought his contribution of 25 league goals in nearly 2 and a half seasons was rather poor, so I didn't take much time to accept a £35M offer from Real Madrid for him. Alberto Polaschi luckily enough finally started to come good at about this time, starting to score goals, so he and Sanchez became my new strikers and they were more prolific than Vagner Love. I also offloaded Capdevilla to At.Madrid for the same £6M I paid for him initially from Villareal. Not bad for a 30 year old left back. Also brought a wonderkid in the form of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey for £7M who has performed well since signing hovering just above the 7.0 avg rating mark.

But the best player wasn't any of my new signings but in the form of a player on his 3rd season at the club, Simon Vukevic. He had an astounding season, scoring 12 leagues goals, 6 in the Champions league, and 2 in the FA Cup. Him and Fazio scored a lot of my goals that season.

But the team's biggest achievement was winning the treble, how we won the league has been documented above, but the Champions League was a more special achievement imo. We had to face Barca four times on the way. Beating them on GD in the group stage, both of us winning all our games bar the away tie versus each other. I then had a kind draw for the last 16, and beat Rangers comfortably before facing a more tricky tie in the form of Lyon, but we triumphed 3-1 on aggregate. Barca faced us in the semi's and we beat them 2-1 on aggregate. Inter awaited us in the final, but we were more than ready for them, or should I say Vukevic was more than ready for them. He put in the single most impressive performance I have seen on Football Manager to win the game for us. His hat-trick (a 25 yard volley, a penalty and a surging run finished from a ridiculous angle) won the game for us 3-1 and the trophy. While Chelsea in the final was a more tense affair with a early penalty from Vagras the only goal in a game that was mostly mired in the midfield.

In the off-season for the next season, I have done well imo in the transfer market. I managed to sign a 30 y/o Eto From Barca for £10M, while I surprised myself by managing to bag Messi for £35.5M from Barca. I also have an extremely talented regen on my books for the future. I signed a Welsh Winger Peter Taylor for £20M (end of season) due to my scout (CA 20 PA 20) said he had the potential to be better than Lionel Messi. I also need a CM to replace Reo-Cocker (new reputation means his CA is now rated as 3-star, not good enough in my and my assistant's opinion), I have a budget of £40M left, would rather not spend it all as my bank balance is only £27 Million. Any suggestions? (Im in 2011)

Im slightly fearful that my success is going to be my own downfall though. My success has made the board way more ambitious and Im not sure wether Ill be able to keep up with their demands consistently. They demand a minimum of the league title, semi finals of the champions league, final of the fa cup and to win the euro super cup. Going to be a tall order but I hope the team has it in them to do it.

Update:

Another update on my villa side. 15 games into the season I have had the perfect start to my league campaign, I have won ALL of my games so far this season, including 5-0 at home against Man Utd and 4-0 vs Liverpool. Like I expected him to, Lionel Messi has been a revelation for me on the wing, scoring 7 goals and averaging 7.6 in rating. So far my goal difference is over 30 and I have kept 12 clean sheets. Won all my games in the champions league (grouped with Lyon, Sparta Prague, Basel) but got a tricky tie in the last 16 against Valencia, I met them in my first season as I beat them in the Euro Cup Final, so I hope my team will have the better of them now, especially considering the vast improvements Ive made to the squad since. The only black-marks were a surprising 1-0 defeat to Roma, and going out of the league cup at the first hurdles, albeit with a mix of youth and reserves to a strong Tottenham side.

Samuel Eto'o proved to be an absolute disaster for my side and has already been forced out to Villarreal for £9.25M, not too bad considering the £10M I paid. He fell out with my potentially world-beating regen striker and seeing as I thought it was mainly his fault and that he was already 30, I decided he was the one to go.

Another Update:

Just completed my 4th season at Villa... and what a season it was too. I took home the treble for the 2nd season in a row and have surely established Aston Villa as the world's best club.

Premier League: By far the best season Ive ever had on any season of FM. In 38 games, I won 35, drew 3 and lost none, scored 108 pts! Ive never breached the 100 point marker before so to do it in such convincing fashion took me my surprise.

englishpremierdivision7.png

Champions League: Defended my title in style, taking out Valencia in the last 16, AC Milan 5-3 at the Quarters, Real Madrid 6-3 on aggregate at the Semi-Final Stage (5 goals from Paloschi!) before I faced Tottenham (:eek:) in the Final, beat them comfortably 3-1 in the final to add another trophy to the rapidly filling trophy cabinet.

Other: Beat Liverpool for the second out of three times in 3 seasons at the semi-final stage of the FA Cup. Beat Man City with a slightly nervous 1-0 win.

Awards: Took my 3rd manager of the season award, while Messi won the European Footballer of the year award, while Fazio took the Defender of the year award for the 3rd time running. Messi also took home the English player's player, while Vukevic won the English footballer of the year title. Franco Zucilini took the young player award, while Paloschi won the best player in the Champions Cup award.

Transfers: Finally had Peter Taylor from Cardiff, the Welsh Winger who's rated to be potentially as good as Messi, had to fork £20M but thought it was worth it in the long run. Also brought 2 other regens, a DC and a ST for a combined £7M from Villareal and Cardiff. Forced my hand in the sale of Franco Zucilini, as he and Miguel Veloso fell out, seeing as Veloso didn't have an issue with Zuccilini, but the latter did with Veloso I felt he was at fault and so an £30M offer from Barcelona was more than enough and I didn't hesitate to accept it. Also brought in Sakho from Inter Milan, had to fork out £35M but seeing as Chiellini wasn't going anywhere or Segio Ramos either, I decided he would be good enough.

Just started a new Villa save alongside my Ascoli one and i cant believe my luck...payday has come early. Man City have taken Barry of me for a cool £30million.

Its like i've been taken over. Got over £40million to spend now. I'm looking to invest in youth primarily. I'll post a screen shot of team soon.

I didn't want to sell him in the first place. Man City came in with £19million and i said no straight away. The next thing I know, they offer £30.5million.

I almost fell of my chair.

Who should i sign as replacement. I'm thinking Veloso, Moutinho or Moussa Sissoko?

Who do you think?

Archived