FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The joy's of modern computers eh..........game crashed. File is corrupt!

I'm afraid i will be leaving the Villa challenge as i dont like to restart games with the same teams immediately. Will return to Villa in the near future.

For what its worth i would have played Tyler Bode V6 and next time i start with Villa i think i'll keep Barry.

Anyway i'm swiftly moving on to the West Ham thread. You'll find me in there from now on

In January 1st season, just managed to sell Barry and Sidwell to Man City for 45mil and 14 mil each

I love the Citizens, always so generous! Although, maybe I'm just luck having pulled off (in my opinion) the biggest transfer coup in history, Carew to Sporting for 11.5m + Vucevic and Moutinho. Re-negotiating ftw!

Updates coming at the end of the season

just started a game with Villa sold barry ironically to city they wanted him for 12m i negotiated and got 20m for him, so far i have signed gago-6.75m, beckham-6m, martins-9.25m and saviola-3.6m.

1st game of season ended 1-1 with WBA i need a RB i have 4m left anyone got a good formation to make villa a success i want 4th this season.

In January 1st season, just managed to sell Barry and Sidwell to Man City for 45mil and 14 mil each

I love the Citizens, always so generous! Although, maybe I'm just luck having pulled off (in my opinion) the biggest transfer coup in history, Carew to Sporting for 11.5m + Vucevic and Moutinho. Re-negotiating ftw!

Updates coming at the end of the season

EH!? Are you saying that Sporting have offered you 11.75 Mill plus Vucevic and Moutinho??????????

Well chaps it's been along time since I've updated, but Villa are now firmly the BEST team in the world, below are some shots of my best ever season in any FM game ever so far!

noconceeds.jpg

No conceeds so far!!

team.jpg

The pretty damn amazing squad

1812minutes.jpg

The main reason for the performance this season - Ocha playing a blinder....needs to sort out his passing though!

20m + Zuculini - but that was at age 31 (just got him), so was rather a steep price, but the guy is a legend.

My team is MUCH too big now, need to lose some players, but can't think who! Ronaldinho is probably going to retire at the end of the season, so that's one down, Walcott is sadly the next most likely, he just dosn't perform for me.

End of Season 1 Update

Premier League

Ive got to say, when I booted this up, I never thought I'd be coming second in my first season, especially when I only seemed to be able to win 2-1, but I kept winning and just got pipped to the post by Man Utd. However, I cant help thinking that if Vagner Love hadnt missed 17 consecutive games, it could have been so much better...

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/Robokid87/?action=view&current=season1table.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/Robokid87/?action=view&current=season1graph.jpg

FA Cup

Unfortunately I got knocked out 3-1 by Everton in the quater finals which was undoubtedly my worst game of the season

League Cup

My first trophy, having dispatched Man U 3-2 in the semis, i then beat Chelsea on penalties

Uefa Cup

Got knocked out 2-1 on aggregat by Atletico in the semi finals, who then lost to Napoli in the final. Very happy with my performances as managed to beat Sevilla 5-1 in Seville in the group and also knocked out Ajax and Dinamo Kiev

Transfers

Having spent all of my original budget very quickly, I was delighted to get £19.75m in November, quickly spending all of that before the transfer window opened. For some bizaare reason, the balance did not go down after each transfer so I kept spending and then found that when the players joined i was £173,000 per week over my wage budget. That made me have to sell Gareth Barry, to Man City,but I got 45 million for him, following this one of my friends told me I needed to improve my central midfield in case of injury to Moutinho or Veloso, so I bought four.

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/Robokid87/?action=view&current=season1transfers.jpg

Players

I was pleased with all of my players, but in particular Vagner Love, Yury Zhirkov (who ended the season with 34 assists, due to me putting him on the right, so he could cut inside) and Joao Moutinho, who at one point was leading the Premiership scoring charts. I was delighted with Davide Santon, who I put straight into my first team, (thanks to HoPeY for telling me he was good enough). My main problem will now be kepping all the players, having already turned down 6 offers for Curtis Davies.

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/Robokid87/?action=view&current=season1squad.jpg

Line up: http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/Robokid87/?action=view&current=season1lineup.jpg

Season high point

Being a Chelsea fan, this was undoubtedly coming off the pitch 3-0 up at halftime, at Anfield, eventually going on to win 3-1

Season low point

Has to be the Everton game, the team were abysmal

Plans for next season

With Hatem Ben Arfa coming in for 20mil + Agbonlahor and Laurito coming from Udinese, as well as Villa Park being made 12360 seats bigger, life's looking good for the Villans. Bring on the Champions League...

Robokid87 - nicely done, you've got osme of the best transfer deals I've ever seen!

Carew for 11.5m+mountinho+vukcevic - Awesom deal, and I thought my first 2 windows were good.

No reason you shouldn't top my villa tema in 5 years time!

I'd say buy Carlos Vla early, can be had for under 10m first 2 seasons - WILL be the best striker in the game and is a GREAT partner for Vagner Love, the 2 develope really well togther,

OK thanks for the advice, I'll see how much Arsenal want and go from there, can you reccomend me any defenders that youve seen develop really well on your game? Curtis Davies is brilliant, Anderson Martins and Cuellar are quite good, Laursen ok and Sakho is still pretty young. I was thinking of signing someone like Zapata or Ivan Fatic

NOTE: Money should be no issue, I've been given £62m to get into continental qualilification

Sakho is brilliant later on, hold on to him, he will be one of the best CBs in the world.

Fazio & Zapater are two that are already very good and will be amongst the best in afew years time.

Sell Cuellar, he's good, but you can get alot for him from a big Spanish side (I got 18m, I've seen on here upto 25m)

Have a look if any of these youngsters have appeared yet:

Benedikt Howedes

Nicolas N'Koulou

alexander Ziganda

All great regens on my game, but regens tend to differ abit.

Thanks for the advice, I've heard N'Koulou is very good. One piece of bad news, I was hoping to bring Gourcuff in, but Bordeux have decided to make the required £12.5m bid (and who can blame them!) Unlucky with the goal, how many games into the season was that, 20?

yup that was the 20th game, hope it dosn't open the flood gates!

Gourcuff is brilliant but you don't really need him - don't underestimate Ashly Young in this game, he stayed in my squad right up until this season, he really does play his heart out!

Ok thanks, he's fallen down the pecking order what with the arrival of Guardado, but I'll make sure I keep him happy

On a different note, just seen that Juan has finished as the Confederation Cup top scorer, I don't think there were many goals in that case...

Sakho is brilliant later on, hold on to him, he will be one of the best CBs in the world.

Fazio & Zapater are two that are already very good and will be amongst the best in afew years time.

Sell Cuellar, he's good, but you can get alot for him from a big Spanish side (I got 18m, I've seen on here upto 25m)

Have a look if any of these youngsters have appeared yet:

Benedikt Howedes

Nicolas N'Koulou

alexander Ziganda

All great regens on my game, but regens tend to differ abit.

n'koulou and howedes arent regens btw....

I've sold Cuellar to Bordeux for £12.75m and signed Fazio for £22.5m, Martin Haar (who has judging CA and PA at 20) said the N'Koulou would be a decent signing, and Howedes has just signed a 5year contract, so is not interested in joining. Just beat Man U 5-4 on penalties following a 1-1 draw in the Community Shield.

I'm playing FM08 fired up a game with Villa.

Said to the board that I would qualify for Europe and they gave me 21 million to spend.

After failed attempts to sign both Downing and Kranjcar, I signed Jermain Defoe for 15 mllion.

He's looking like a good signing so far, 3 goals in his first 5 matches :)

Results so far:

2-0 v Blackburn (H)

1-3 v West Ham (A)

4-4 v Everton (H)

1-1 v Arsenal (A)

1-0 v Bolton (H)

1-0 v Hull (Away in the Carling cup)

2-0 v Newcastle (A)

November finished with mixed results...

1-1 v Fulham (A)

2-4 v Arsenal (Away in the carling cup - played second string)

3-1 v Man U :) (H)

Disapointed with the Fulham result seeing as I took an early lead.

Played a young side against Arsenal, handing 18 year old Yago Bellon his first start. The lads did well but just came up short.

The Man U game was great :D it was end to end for 90 minutes the only difference being I took my chances and they didn't.

Marlon Harewood came third in Player of the month.

Stephen O'halloran won Young Player of the month.

I came third in Manager of the month.

Oh and I failed with a 2.5m bid for Bolton's Joe Mattock :(

I've been managing Fulham for nearly four seasons. However 4 PL games away from the end of season 4, Villa offered me the job. I took it. They have given me a budget of £33.5m to spend and already have a decent set up. The squad looks like this:

GK: Ochoa / Krul

RB: Reo-Coker / Zuiverloon (selling for £7m)

LB: Shorey / Distin

CB: Wheater / Curtis Davies / Distin

RM: Shaun Wright Phillips / Milner

LM: Riera / Gamst Pedersen

CM: Vukcevic / Steven Davies / Hubschman / Izmailov

ST: Agbonlahor / Sinama Pongolle / Heskey / Pobrebnyak

I've already signed a few players for next season. Got in:

Aaron Ramsey - £6m

3 Regen Defenders all whom are quality players.

Any recomendations on whom to sign or where to strengthen? Bearing in mind the regen defenders will bolster the defence a lot.

Trying to get Robinho in for £2.6m as his contract is expiring. Hopefully he will sign but wants more than i can afford for wages!

Distin from pompey is there yes. Not doing badly if i do say so myself so far. Played 5, won 5. Moved from 13th ---> 8th in 5 matches. Finished in 8th. I'll check out Opare and Mazzaneni, signed Santon too many times!

I don't bother naming Regens as no-one knows who they are :p

Turned out he wasn't a regen... Don't know why i thought he was. It was Thimothee Kolodzieczak from Lyon. Initially he plays for Lens i think.

I joined Aston Villa while doing a network game with my friends, were on the 2nd season and i quit the manchester united job after winning the league the previous year. 1 of my friends had already been managing villa but got the sack :p so i took over. Villa were 19th in the league and hadnt got a point after 4 games.

Can anybody help me to make my team better.

with recommendations for players tatics etc. with the current squad of players:

team1c.jpg

I dont have alot of money but have sold SIMAO & Carew (above) and bought SAHA ready for january.

I will have about 3-6million to spend, i would be gratefull for any help!:)

Archived