Titlebar, Picture inside Table

niklas88

I'm new to skinning, and after 2 weeks of trial and error i'm starting to get a hang of the basics.

But there are a couple of things I can't figure out how to do.

1. Titlebar

a) How to increase the height

b) Make the searchbar separate from the playername

c) I want the title to always be the Person/Team Name isntead of "Squad" etc.

2. Player Profile Personal Detail

Can you place the player picture inside a table?

To increase the height of the titlebar you may need to edit a couple of things first you'll need to edit the header xml file found in the panels/generic folder, locate the following lines:

<!-- titlebar -->
    <widget class="titlebar_panel" id="NHdr" height="
52"/>

<!-- match titlebar -->
    <widget class="match_titlebar_panel" id="MHdr" height="
60"/>

Changing those values should alter the height of the titlebar, however you will then need to edit a couple of other files to ensure that the content within the titlebars adjusts with your new titlebar height, first you'll need to edit the titlebar xml file that is also found in the panels/generic folder, locate this line:

<container height="52">

And adjust the height value to match.

For the match screens you need to edit the match title bar xml file found in the panels/match folder, against look for a similar line at the top and adjust the value to match.

Also depending on what you are doing you may need to edit the header image to keep it in scale with your resized header, the image by default is controlled by the graphics located in this folder graphics\boxes\custom\background fade.

Also depending on what you are doing you may need to mess around with the coding for the various bits in the header, these are all controlled and linked in the two titlebar files.

For separating the searchbar it might be possible but would likely involve a load of work, if you really want to do it then you'd be best looking at the coding for one of the older versions that had a separate searchbox and compare it to the current code to see what you'd need to change.

For altering what text is shown as the title then no this cannot be done as it is hardcoded with the game determining the text depending on what screen you are on at the time.

For the player profile, it depends on what you are doing you can add stuff to some tables but not others - if the table contents are generated dynamically by the game then they aren't editable (stats tables for example) however if the code is in the xml files (like on that panel) then yes - you just need to format the code of the picture you are adding so it takes the same format as the other code setup in the table and was how it was setup in older versions (though I'm not sure why you'd want to revert it, but again you should be able to look at the coding in an older version to see how its done) there are also plenty of threads in the forum about editing the player profile screen, whilst most are for older versions the basic details are still the same.

Thank you, will try this when i get home.

Actually i'm creating 2 skins, one based on the default dark with some things changed and this is quite easy.

The second one is much harder as  i'm trying to make it resemble the fm06 skin.

The thing with the Player Profile Personal Detail is that i'm had a hard time making it look like the old version and thought it might be easier with a table, using some of the code from fm06.

I have successfully managed to get it like i want except the picture does not show

I guesss i could use 2 containers side by side and one underneath.

Archived