[Suggestion] How to Spend Manager Wages

Marlo56

Hi,

I think in all versions of FM so far there's been no reason to really care about your manager's wages in contract renewals. I think it would be a good idea if all manager wages were paid into a current account on the home screen which can be used for superficial / cosmetic changes to the game - alternate skins, etc. It could be used to purchase weird modes, things like a "big head" mode (like the N64 Goldeneye cheats which were mostly just daft things you could turn on for a laugh.)

Another possible purchaseable feature could be indoor games or something; you could also purchase a regen son rather than hope for the 1/10000 chance that it happens randomly.

A possible counter-argument would be that it would be too easy to start a career at Man City or somewhere on an obscenely high wage, so to that I'd say: make achievements worth currency too, with particularly valuable achievements being earned with weaker teams, e.g. over-achieving, getting promoted, beating a team when you're given pre-game bookie odds of say 8/1, improving club reputation by a vast number of reputation points (something that's going to be harder to do with a City or a Barca), etc.

• 2 months later...

Archived