I followed the advice on how to mod Brexit out in the editor but now the entire English league has disappeared from the start new game. What am I doing wrong?

All over the forums is this advice: "Add nation rules / Select add lower divisions and cups to existing structure / Choose England Convert to advanced rules / Click the England dropdown / Select agreement change / Untick enabled / Save Test rules / Save and job done."

However when I follow these steps, and try to start new game, the entire English league un-selectable. There is just a tiny yellow 'tick' on the select league menu next to England.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

32 minutes ago, herne79 said:

There's a guide on YouTube I use.  It was recorded for FM17 but it still works for FM18.  Don't try it with an already edited database or adding in other edits though.

So what you're saying is I can't make any other edits if make the Brexit edit?

35 minutes ago, bennyj22 said:

So what you're saying is I can't make any other edits if make the Brexit edit?

You can, but only if you know what you're doing. Particularly if you're running another edit that changes something with the English league system, rules etc. Because if so you'll need to add the no-Brexit stuff to that file rather than the blank database, and in doing so could break it. If you do try it, I'd certainly suggest holidaying several years into the future as a test to make sure it's worked properly before you start playing.

6 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

You can, but only if you know what you're doing. Particularly if you're running another edit that changes something with the English league system, rules etc. Because if so you'll need to add the no-Brexit stuff to that file rather than the blank database, and in doing so could break it. If you do try it, I'd certainly suggest holidaying several years into the future as a test to make sure it's worked properly before you start playing.

The only other edits I have done in the database are few player stats here and there. Nothing else.

Is there not a safe, hassle free solution to this? I would hate to gamble with it and find out later I did something game breaking.

Maybe I should check that video out.

5 hours ago, herne79 said:

There's a guide on YouTube I use.  It was recorded for FM17 but it still works for FM18.  Don't try it with an already edited database or adding in other edits though.

I did it with the L22 England file and it worked just fine.

1 hour ago, bennyj22 said:

This seems like a ridiculous constraint. Either I have to choose a game where I can edit my players, or one when I edit Brexit out. One or the other. Wtf.

I said don't try it with other edits simply because the more you edit the more chance you have of messing something up, especially if you make other changes to the league structure.

Personally I use it fine with just some name changes as well and as phenom says above he's ok using it with additional leagues running.

On 26/08/2018 at 07:53, bennyj22 said:

This seems like a ridiculous constraint. Either I have to choose a game where I can edit my players, or one when I edit Brexit out. One or the other. Wtf.

No-one has said anything like that.  I only mentioned other edits because it makes it a lot more difficult to find which is broken.  If there were any more added, try them one by one until you find the one causing the issue.  If they're all OK on their own, then 2 or more are conflicting with each other.

You can run 100 edited files together without issue, as long as they don't conflict.

I just posted this in a thread he created in the Editor's forum

I'm using DanBHFC's level 22 English database which he created using advanced rules. I changed hundreds of teams and created my own club - but didn't alter the structure Dan created. I then followed the instructions to disable Brexit and it worked just fine.

At first I'd tried to use the small no-brexit edt file with Dan's league file and that didn't work, so I did the above, keeping it all in one file.

Archived