European Qualification Issue in British and Irish League System

Dominic1986

Hi folks,

I'm running into some difficulty. I have just edited the English League system into a British and Irish pyramid which basically includes all the top teams from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland thrown in on top of the English teams.  

I then deleted any other Irish, northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh teams that were not included in the new league system and left the continental nation of the teams transferred to England as their home nation. The thinking behind this was that the top placed teams from Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland would all qualify for the champions league and the next best the Europa League. However at the end of the first season Crusaders, who are a league below Linfield have qualified for the champions league and I can't see why. It has worked for all the other teams, Celtic, Dundalk and I even changed Swansea's continental nation back to Wales and they have qualified but I can't see a reason why Linfield didn't get the place as the top Northern Ireland side. I even checked reputation and Linfield have the better of that too.

Any of you guys got any idea's on what I'm missing and how do I fix this.

Archived