Player reputation. How does it work?

I have a striker, 28 years of age, raised in my club (Feyenoord) that has won more than 20 titles with the club (including champions league) and personal awards, and he's always been fluctuating between 2.5 and 3 stars reputation...

Last season, he finally won the golden ball, as well as best player of the year, best african player, best goal scorer, best player of the league, best XI etc etc.

His reputation? 2.5 stars. Media description: Striker.

How is this even possible? I don't understand. I mean if he had only been doing well in the league, which has a lower reputation than the premier league for example, I could understand. But he's been winning international titles including the champions league, and as I mentioned he just won the golden ball, I mean seriously how can that by itself not warrant an increase of his reputation?

Can anyone explain me how this works?

Do you really mean reputation? Can you show a screen shot?

The star method is normally used to show how one particular player compares with the rest of your squad, not with other players of other teams. e.g. if you had 10 Messi's then its likely your player would get 2.5 when matched against the other players

4 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Do you really mean reputation? Can you show a screen shot?

The star method is normally used to show how one particular player compares with the rest of your squad, not with other players of other teams. e.g. if you had 10 Messi's then its likely your player would get 2.5 when matched against the other players

He means when you look at player reputation under said player's information tab. 

I think it mostly comes down to the reputation of the club a player plays for and in which league they play in too. 

If your player had achieved all of that with a club like Manchester United or Real Madrid then he would most likely have the top reputation possible

Exactly - it will be relative to the reputation of the club he plays for. I think reputation will also impact player value. I expect factors like player CA will  also contribute

Additionally I'm not sure if this is an area thats been changed in FM for a while. Its likely low priority

1 hour ago, Pendraz said:

I have a striker, 28 years of age, raised in my club (Feyenoord) that has won more than 20 titles with the club (including champions league) and personal awards, and he's always been fluctuating between 2.5 and 3 stars reputation...

Last season, he finally won the golden ball, as well as best player of the year, best african player, best goal scorer, best player of the league, best XI etc etc.

His reputation? 2.5 stars. Media description: Striker.

How is this even possible? I don't understand. I mean if he had only been doing well in the league, which has a lower reputation than the premier league for example, I could understand. But he's been winning international titles including the champions league, and as I mentioned he just won the golden ball, I mean seriously how can that by itself not warrant an increase of his reputation?

Can anyone explain me how this works?

It's because you're at Feyenoord.  The Dutch league, and hence, it's teams, all have relatively low reputations compared to your "big" clubs.

I get that the league has an impact, but we are talking about a player that has been nominated the best in the world, who cares for which team he plays, he shouldn't have the same reputation of any random nobody.

If anything it's the club reputation that should have more of an impact, but again, to have a player receiving the golden ball, it means he played for a team that won or did very well internationally, so he wouldn't be playing for a crap team anyways.

In other words if I want to my players to be recognized as "world class players" I need to be managing in the top 4 leagues, that's a bit of a disappointment. Kind of funny to see the best world player being worth 30mln.

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Unless you want to sell the player, is it not advantageous to the manager that the player's reputation is as low as possible?

I'd want to keep my players rep's as low as possible for as long possible .. especially if they were a key player for me.

I'd assume if their rep outpaces the clubs &/or leagues they play in they will quickly start demanding a move for 'challenge' reasons

That and the number of bids from 'larger/more famous' clubs would most likely increase too 

if that's not how reputation is currently working, then imo it's broke and needs fixing

Archived