FM07 Save problem

I guess nobody can help me, but I try in case of, and by the way sorry for talking about technical issue in this forum but this very old version of Football Manager has no dedicated forum.

When I try to save the game, after a longer than usual loading, FM just tell me the game could not be saved. I'm in 2018 in my save, so played many seasons and had many success, reached top in pantheon without cheating (but starting in Barcelona) and in my last game I couldn't reached 2019 too.  I did no change to the database, I just made a save of the original database because in the original save Germany and Netherlands national teams can't play real players. I have one backup but the only way to try is by quiting the game and download it, in case something I did in between broke the game (which would surprise me I did nothing more than usual), but I'm actually doing huge performances with my new team, close to brake their 10 years record of unbeaten matches. **** this I want to keep my save.

If by a miracle someone had this problem and solve it without starting a new game please explain me.

5 hours ago, Mathieu Le Piolot said:

I guess nobody can help me, but I try in case of, and by the way sorry for talking about technical issue in this forum but this very old version of Football Manager has no dedicated forum.

When I try to save the game, after a longer than usual loading, FM just tell me the game could not be saved. I'm in 2018 in my save, so played many seasons and had many success, reached top in pantheon without cheating (but starting in Barcelona) and in my last game I couldn't reached 2019 too.  I did no change to the database, I just made a save of the original database because in the original save Germany and Netherlands national teams can't play real players. I have one backup but the only way to try is by quiting the game and download it, in case something I did in between broke the game (which would surprise me I did nothing more than usual), but I'm actually doing huge performances with my new team, close to brake their 10 years record of unbeaten matches. **** this I want to keep my save.

If by a miracle someone had this problem and solve it without starting a new game please explain me.

Have you checked to make sure you have enough hard drive space in the location you are saving the game, as the save games can get quite large. I also think FM07 had a compress save game option in the preferences menu so you can try turning that on or off to see if that makes a difference, whilst another option is to change where you are saving the game, try just picking the root of one of your drives (C:\ for example) in case it's a problem with your OS, you could also try turning going on holiday for a day or turning on auto saves in case it's just a problem with that date in game.

First of all, thanks for your answer. But I had other problems and now I'm on a new game.. I waited few hours and thought nobody would answer me so I left both my club and national team and went on holiday without auto-stop, in hope the game would heal by himself with time. But it went crazy when auto-save happend, told me the usual message the game could not be saved, then hints that appears during downloadings/saves accelerated, about 1 every 2 secondes, and never stoped. So I left the game and as I'm stupid I tried to remove the backup, sending a copy to office but erasing the original and not using Recycle Bin.. It was probably time to start a new one, I had 7.0.0 version and so updated to 7.0.2, I should enjoy it. But damn.. That game was huge, was a crazy race between me and Ancelotti for first place in Pantheon, the boy earning many more money that what I thought the game could give, and had "Ancelotti Stadium" under construction for 2021, slightly bigger then Azteca. I still have my first place in Pantheon as a reminder.

However, if this kind of problem happend to me again now I know what to try and for this thanks a lot.

Archived