preparing for next season

mourinho-herrera-defense

this is just somewhere i'll use to ramble on about tactics and my team in general, i'm not sure who i'll be managing next, i've managed to get crotone to win serie B and stay up in serie A but i would like to try my hand at a different league and start afresh, hopefully the Portuguese league, where winning silverware is easier and also because the manager i like most made his name there (mourinho) you'll see me taking a lot of inspiration from him in terms of tactics

now here is the general idea for my team next season, i want to use a 4-3-1-2 (4-4-2 narrow in FM terms) , the reasoning being it narrows down the field and i can use 4 bands, 7 players of mine can help in defence while the front 3 can do their own duties in terms of attack, so you can see i want to implement a structured mentality

now, i also need to know what strategic aims i can achieve with a 4-3-1-2, we have 4 central midfield players (count the attacking playmaker in) , rather than the normal 2/3 which should give me a stronghold in the center, so i should focus my play around ball retention, i have two strikers, i have an idea of one these being the one that disrupts the defensive shape and the other that drives in and takes advantage of that disruption and space, so a tall strong targetman perhaps who i can even launch longballs into, one of my midfielders needs to link the defensive midfield to the attacking playmaker when they have the ball

i'll add on this later

Archived