Scouting regions within a country

aj999

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, I could not find anything using the search feature.

I have been playing more lower league management games in FM18 and have been trying to build teams with players located within the region, either by previous club or place of birth, for example, playing as Chippenham I was interested in signing players from the South West of England or South Wales.

I used the existing 'place of birth', 'Last Club' and 'Favourites' search parameters to shortlist players and then scout, this was quite laborious so I thought a nice improvement would be to assign your scout to scout the South West of England or for players born within X miles/km of place Y. A players interest or reluctance in moving to your club may also be swayed by your location as well (more so if not used already).

I use the 'scout by region' feature a lot on a global scale (UK and Ireland, Scandinavia etc) but thought this would be a nice, realistic addition for lower league clubs with less scouting resource and freedom.

On 26/09/2018 at 15:56, aj999 said:

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, I could not find anything using the search feature.

I have been playing more lower league management games in FM18 and have been trying to build teams with players located within the region, either by previous club or place of birth, for example, playing as Chippenham I was interested in signing players from the South West of England or South Wales.

I used the existing 'place of birth', 'Last Club' and 'Favourites' search parameters to shortlist players and then scout, this was quite laborious so I thought a nice improvement would be to assign your scout to scout the South West of England or for players born within X miles/km of place Y. A players interest or reluctance in moving to your club may also be swayed by your location as well (more so if not used already).

I use the 'scout by region' feature a lot on a global scale (UK and Ireland, Scandinavia etc) but thought this would be a nice, realistic addition for lower league clubs with less scouting resource and freedom.

really good idea, since we have local region options. Clubs are set to cities and cities are set to local regions so if you choose specific county/region/land/voivodeship you could see a list of players from the region. 

I posted about this few months back so you can take a look

• 2 months later...

Archived