Help with running game!

Hi guys

after a few years out from playing FM I decided to download the demo last week and I am instantly addicted again. My problem now - I’ve come to the end of my demo period but my notebook isn’t powerful enough to run the full version of the game. I want to keep the save game I’ve been playing on the demo version and with that in mind I have a few questions, so here goes.....

1. Is the best/cheapest way around this to buy an external hard drive to download the full version on?

2. If I do this, could I take the hard drive to work and play my save game on the work computer/any other computer?

3. What size Hard drive would be suitable to run the game? I tend to go 10+ years into games and download various face/badge packs etc

4. I have an iPad, is there any way to play my game from the demo version of FM on FMT should I purchase it from the App Store?

Thanks a lot for any help people it’s much appreciated !!!

3 hours ago, Bigsmoke said:

Hi guys

after a few years out from playing FM I decided to download the demo last week and I am instantly addicted again. My problem now - I’ve come to the end of my demo period but my notebook isn’t powerful enough to run the full version of the game. I want to keep the save game I’ve been playing on the demo version and with that in mind I have a few questions, so here goes.....

1. Is the best/cheapest way around this to buy an external hard drive to download the full version on?

2. If I do this, could I take the hard drive to work and play my save game on the work computer/any other computer?

3. What size Hard drive would be suitable to run the game? I tend to go 10+ years into games and download various face/badge packs etc

4. I have an iPad, is there any way to play my game from the demo version of FM on FMT should I purchase it from the App Store?

Thanks a lot for any help people it’s much appreciated !!!

1. It depends on what you mean by your computer not being powerful enough, if it's due to a lack of hard drive space then an external drive would help, though storing the game files on it will likely result in poorer performance as the external is likely to be slowly than your main drive. If your laptop is struggling to run the game as it isn't powerful enough then this will not help with the running of the game.

2. Provided you can install Steam on a computer then you can play FM on any computer provided you log into the Steam Account you linked the game to (though you can only play on one computer at a time) though for work computers it will depend on whether you have permission to install third party software such as Steam or FM.

3. Any modern sized hard drive is likely to be big enough (as smallest sizes are likely 50-100GB) though again it will depend on what you mean by your computer struggling to run the game, if its just a lack of hard drive space to save the game then you'd get better performance by transferring other files (media files for example) off your laptop to free up room for your FM Data.

4. I don't think their is anyway to transfer a save file from the full version, though if you are running the Touch version then it looks like it's possible you can have a look here at the FAQs that might help:

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-touch-2018/

If there is a demo on the ipad as well you could try and see if it will sync between them if not you can always ask in the Touch Forum as they'll likely have more info about what you can sync:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/135-football-manager-touch-general-discussion/

Archived