Football Manager and real Football Management...

Hi all,

As the FM game becomes more in depth each year I find myself and probably other users getting more overwhelmed and frustrated at feeling like I have to control every little thing and do X and Y otherwise I’ll fail...

I think I end up getting more involved than I should, why am I worrying about getting all of the best coaches possible in from day one, why am I worrying about 15 year olds being on anything other than an optimal training schedule!?

I’m definately taking a step back in FM19 and taking management a bit more like an actual managers job rather than trying to play in an optimal way to beat a game.

IMO its totally unrealistic getting in 7 former world class players just to mentor your youngsters, but I feel like because its the ‘optimal’ thing to do then everyone thinks that they won’t produce quality young players! In real life you may look to get a couple of older heads in as a good influence at most! Not signing Drogba, Pirlo etc etc etc to play zero games, anyway hopefully the new Mentoring system in FM19 reduces needing to do the former!

I feel like I’m going to really enjoy this new release without putting the pressures of ‘optimal game play’ on myself and instead acting as I would if I were a real manager!

Archived