[SUGGESTION] Stop the decline of over 30 year olds and players who dont play

Bothan Spy

In light of the fact that Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are absolutely still doing it well into their 30's, I think its about time we stopped seeing an alarming deterioration of players stats and abilities when they get older.

I'll bet I'm not the only one out there that thinks of getting rid of players in their squad when when they get over 28/29 when they are playing FM. The game needs to change that mentality. I can honestly remember playing FM08 and signing Luca Toni over 30 for Liverpool and being chuffed. Now id be horrified if i signed anyone over 24!

I have recently played a Rangers save and I've seen Lemela and Son on the transfer list for spurs at 27yrs and they both looked a shadow of the players they are IRL 2 years into my game. They were that bad that they wouldn't have got into my team after the wonderkids id signed.

I absolutely understand that players lose a yard of pace when they get older, but there's become too much obsession about signing kids and not enough protecting and improving players when they get older.

• 2 months later...

Archived