Holiday

Loftus W12

Is there any chance you could update the holiday feature when managing. I have found it to be too harsh. At the end of an arduous league 1 campaign with Port Vale, I thought the manager should have himself a holiday like his players. Only  a short one as the new season needs to be thought about and planned. Thing is when my manager came back after a ten day holiday all hell had broke loose. I had mutiny on my hands. All influential players had the bang hump about team mates not getting contracts. I had to have a series of meetings, hand out contract after contract to appease the players.

So please could you send the players to sleep when it comes to contracts and other issues when holidaying. In the real world the manager would get a call whilst sat on the beach, so on FM the game should either stop with a warning that a player wants to chat, or the players should not be able to bring up any issues until you have come back from the holiday. Its annoying as even a few days holiday can ruin a save.

This has been a glaring oversight with the holiday system for years. A lot of us like to holiday through certain periods but as OP noted players go mental when you are not there and you come back to a destroyed dressing room. There should at least be an option to stop holidaying or delegate contracts and the like whilst away from the hot seat if important choices come up. 

• 2 months later...

Archived