Historical Seasons

Great82

I'd love to have the possibility to start my game in the 90's or early 00's.

Playing one of these old database but inside the latest FM game.
I think that OOTP does it (never tried it but love the idea). 

I want to recruit Lebohang Mokoena again, and then why not have 0 regen but instead having the new players from the following year appearing in their first club and see Cristiano Ronaldo Spawning at age 16 with Sporting.

While that would be nice to have, I can't see it becoming reality. It would surely take a lot of research to gather all the data required, even just for a few major leagues over the last 25 years. There'll no doubt be major obstacles with licensing and logistics as well.

Well I'm not talking about FM20 here, butif we can have it in a long-term future I think it will be one of those feature where nobody will be able to say "this version is just a database update", that would bring a whole new game mode to FM.

About gathering the data.... they have all they need since the first FM, they just need to "adapt", that's not starting from scratch. 

1 hour ago, Great82 said:

About gathering the data.... they have all they need since the first FM, they just need to "adapt", that's not starting from scratch. 

If only it was that simple. There's so much licensing involved in football nowadays that I'm pretty sure SI wouldn't be able to simply reuse all their previous databases. I'd imagine there might also be serious issues with including players/staff members who are no longer with us.

Also, football has changed so much over the last 25 years that it'd be a monumental task to recreate the sport as it was in 1993, and then gradually bring it all up to date. It's very different to baseball, which - at Major League level at least - has seen relatively little change aside from franchise moves and greater financial investment.

• 1 month later...

Archived