[Suggestion] Increased dynamic player attributes

Matc213

I feel as though players attributes are too predictable in their development and eventual decline. Generally, on FM player attributes will increase up until the age of around 22 after this age I rarely see players have any significant increases. Then at 28-31years old physical attributes will begin to decline, often very fast. In reality, there is much more variance throughout a players career and players hit their peak at different ages. On FM you will never see a 25-year-old National Leauge player go on to be a premier league top goal scorer and represent England like in the case of Jamie Vardy. Similarly, you would never see another 40-year-old Ryan Giggs still doing a job in the premier league, Totti is another example, players on FM all seem to retire at 36 and there seems to be little variance especially with regens. 

Obviously, the cases described above are very rare but still, they do happen. I'd like to see more instances where players attributes may continue to increase after the age of 25 due to the player's personality, training, and mental attributes or a club they transfer to. Similarly, I'd like to see instances where players hit their peak in their late teens/early 20s and then decline due to a bad attitude or recurring injuries. The latter I did experience in my most recent save, The Brazillian Wonderkid Lincoln was the top goal scorer in the premier league and valued at over 50 mil the age of 19, by the age of 29 he was playing in Saudi Arabia and his pace had dropped from 16 to 11, but even this I couldn't understand why the early decline happened. 

I love that some top players will go and play in USA, China, India, Saudi Arabia towards the end of their career and others will choose to retire the top club their currently playing for. I also love that a players bravery and determination will sometimes temporarily decrease after a serious injury. I'd just like to see more unpredictability in terms of a player's attributes during their career and even on a short-term basis. For example, after a few weeks not kicking a ball about every day, either because of injury or a holiday before pre-season, a players first touch and sharpness can be way off and take days or weeks of training to get back to their previous level. I think this would be great if this was reflected in the player's attributes by a 2-3 point decrease in certain attributes until the player has regained match fitness and sharpness. 

However, my main point is I'd like to see instances where some players attributes may significantly change after the age of 24-25 as well as some players regaining their physicals into their 30s and/or having a significate increase to their mental stats so that they remain a world class player as their physicals decline. Currently, I'm rarely motivated to buy players over the age of 28 because too often a world class 28 year old will become a Championship player by the age of 31. However, in reality, I think to have experienced players with younger players is essential to the team and the development of younger players. In FM18 it was great to sign Pirlo in the first seasonon a 1 year contract and he had amazing mental attributes but after few seasons, this kind of player seems to disappear as players conform to this standard career progression. 

• 2 months later...

Archived