How to get a 'poacher' scoring

Hi Guys, just doing a bit of pre beta planning for my Everton save. Im a bit worried about my options up top (as I am in real life.) I plan to use Tosun but he doesnt really offer much more than finishing. How do you guys get those strikers who are pure finishers into the game? (PS I dont like going into the transfer market first window) 

29 minutes ago, King Doobs said:

Hi Guys, just doing a bit of pre beta planning for my Everton save. Im a bit worried about my options up top (as I am in real life.) I plan to use Tosun but he doesnt really offer much more than finishing. How do you guys get those strikers who are pure finishers into the game? (PS I dont like going into the transfer market first window) 

If finishing is his only real strength, then you need players who are able to feed him with passes and crosses. It can be done in a number of ways, depending on the formation you are going to use and the types of players in your team. For example, if you have a player who is good as an APM, you can put him behind Tosun. In that case you can use either version of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1. Or maybe a diamomd 442 in case you want to use a two-striker system. For a more detailed answer, you need to provide us with some more info :)

I’d definitely look at having Tosun feeding off through balls from Gylfi in the #10 position, and crosses from Richardson/Walcott. Or you could even have one/both of them coming inside and have attacking full-backs, as Baines, Digne and Coleman are all good going forward and have good delivery. You’ve got a variety of options, but getting a striker scoring is all about supply. The key is to figure out who is going to supply him, in what way, and then how to give these players the ball in good positions so they can deliver the final pass/cross. You could even experiment with Walcott or Richarlison up front if you wanted a more mobile forward, which would allow you to play a bit quicker and gives you a better counter-attacking threat with the pace of your attack. Everton have a really exciting squad this year - don’t stress, just enjoy!

Archived