Club Stature

Michael Jackson

I'm currently managing Bury Fc who started out with no money in Division 1 in England. After 6 seasons I've got them to the premier league and won a couple of cup competitions as well, so I've massively increased their club stature in doing so over that time.

At the same time the ground has been expanded twice so far. I think it would be nice if when you went into the club info and facilities page there was an image of your ground as well as pitch size and current state of facilities. It might be good if during reconstruction there were different images for the stand being knocked down and then rebuilt up. It might also be good if you could look back like your transfer history so you can see in previous seasons what your ground looked like and compare it before and after any reconstruction work.

I know the game is a football manager simulation and not a football director simulation, but when you invest a lot of time in to the game and see a little club like Bury grow then it would be rewarding to see how the club has changed as well over your time managing it and see how the clubs stature has changed as well. Look how much talk there has been this season and last over Spurs new ground and it would be good if in the social media with the fans this could be added with things like looking forward to getting my ticket to sit in the new stand, or first game sat in the new stand and the view was amazing from the new second tier etc.

It could also affect your club like it did to Arsenal when they moved from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium, where they couldn't compete in the transfer market for about 10 years. this would mean it could also be brought in to the social network news about club finances etc from the fans and how its affecting the team, or prospect signings wanting to play at the big state of the art new stadium / updated stadium.

It would also add some new graphics to the game for all the people who bang on about the match engine each year the game is released!

Michael.

• 2 months later...

Archived