FM18 Managing in a small country

User0912

I'm considering managing in a small country so somewhere like Belarus, Poland etc. Anyone have any advice/tips ?

I'm thinking as I'm considerably new to FM18 that managing in a small country but choose the club might improve my chances of doing well.

FC Midtjylland is usually the one team I raid when managing in England. I can't remember if FM officially links them up with Brentford or not. But it's always easy to get their quality players at a decent price. The teenage LB Poulsen looks like he could become a wonderkid. I've never played a game long enough to see him develop. Kraev is the one player though who they'll charge a huge amount for. I've never been able to sign him but looks potentially world class.

When I say I'm new I'm not new as completely new top the game, I've started various games albeit only 1 has only completed 1 season, I just think maybe if I choose a team in lower ranked country maybe I could build a team up in a league with say 1 or 2 challenges to be champions so win the league then get into Europe. (a team I could go straight into and just dominate the league, buy 1 player and he has 2/3 exceptional seasons and I sell him for a decent profit.) 

I've chosen BATE in Belarus and signed various free transfers including Niko Kranjcar, Razvan Rat and Pavel Pogrebnyak.

1 thing I didn't really look into/think of was the country has strict conditions like I cant have more than a set number of non Belorussian in the squad or if I have say 3 in the squad on and 1 on the bench I cant bring him on as I've met the limit of foreigners playing. Ill need to look at signing some cheap Belorussian players and hope the free signings pay off and they sell for a lot of money so I can invest. 

Might even start another game elsewhere, Denmark is a possibility.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:18, dothestrand said:

FC Midtjylland is usually the one team I raid when managing in England. I can't remember if FM officially links them up with Brentford or not. But it's always easy to get their quality players at a decent price. The teenage LB Poulsen looks like he could become a wonderkid. I've never played a game long enough to see him develop. Kraev is the one player though who they'll charge a huge amount for. I've never been able to sign him but looks potentially world class.

Yes Brentford are one of the affiliate clubs.

Archived