Criminally under rated

I can’t believe the numbers on Steam regarding FM18 and FMT18, last few weeks there has been around 40k people playing the full fat whilst less than a thousand play FMT!

Granted the majority of FMT players play on their tablets etc but I myself play on a high end laptop, this enables me to take my time on saves tactically and scouting whilst still making huge progress in my careers!

I see so many people in GD talking about managing ‘x, y and z’, unless they have no job then I can only imagine they are doing 2/3 seasons max per save!? That doesn’t seem like a fantastic in depth career to me even if they do get to talk to their players 😂

FMT is so under rated!!!

It is massively.  It kept me with the game, I would've bailed at FM16, instead i've clocked more hours on FMT17 & 18.

There's a few tweaks that could be made, but it's probably the best "feature" SI have developed in 10 years.

So true, and I really hope those numbers don't discourage SI from its development. Every year it's basically like playing a modern and improved version of CM 01/02 (and I mean that as a compliment, of course).

I think what will keep it going is the increased performance capability of mobile devices.  If anything was to go in future I'd wager it'd be FMM - Touch is here to stay I reckon.  Those steam numbers won't include everyone playing it on an ipad...

Like the OP mention, the vast majority of people that play FMT, do it on a tablet (android/ios).

So i think the real barometer will be the sales in the google play store and in the apple store.

For example in the google play store the game have more than 5000 instalations. Of course if we compare with FMM (more than 100.000) it's a very low number, but FMM can be played basically in any phone while the number of tablets that can run FMT is 20 at most.

i don't know the number for the ios platform (but i think will be more when compare to the android numbers), but adding those, and also the switch platform, i think that FMT is here to stay.

Agree. I also prefer FMT for the more simple gameplay. I don't want to use huge amounts of time tweaking training schedules and tactics (which btw isn't about finding your own tactic, you have to find "the golden tactic" according to the programmers). In '18 it was 5-3-2, before that it has been 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. If you try anything else, you usually fail). And don't get me started on the interaction part... I don't have time for that, i want the core of football management.

FM 2012 was the last enjoyable full game in my opinion.

totally agree.. FMT doesnt take so much time to play. and you can choose to watch the more important games and see instant results on others.

sure ..i would like to be able to  update database but otherwise you can do the fun stuff :) 

10 hours ago, steam just is said:

It’s a great game and when FMC came onto tablets it was ridiculously good. But expectations change and last year was a real dud. Littered with bugs and retrograde graphics. I hope it come back on form in 19 but I’m wary. 

Agree with you. It is a great game but I was bored earlier this morning so re-downloaded FMT 17 just to mess around on and couldn’t believe the match graphics difference compared to the massively downgraded FMT 18. I get it they want it to run on lower spec tablets but the whole match section of the game in 17 is miles better than 18. They’ve got to get it at least back to those graphics for me to buy 19. I’m definitely going to be watching gameplay footage of the game before I decide to buy it this year. 

3 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Agree with you. It is a great game but I was bored earlier this morning so re-downloaded FMT 17 just to mess around on and couldn’t believe the match graphics difference compared to the massively downgraded FMT 18. I get it they want it to run on lower spec tablets but the whole match section of the game in 17 is miles better than 18. They’ve got to get it at least back to those graphics for me to buy 19. I’m definitely going to be watching gameplay footage of the game before I decide to buy it this year. 

FMT17 was brilliant.

17 hours ago, steam just is said:

Did exactly the same. Just give us the graphics from 2 years ago!

Just looked at the graphics on the FMT 19 game section on the website and behind the pre match screenshot you can see the pitch and stand. Guess what - it looks like 18 rather than 17 😔😔😔

i know it’s work in progress but I’ll stand by the emojis ive used above till I see otherwise.

That’s sad to hear. Loved the game. Like I said to Lucas earlier this year, if you’re going to make a lower quality product just be honest about it. And if it’s the only way to justify finically then fair enough. But the game was also bug ridden like no other product I’ve bought from SI., which shows total neglect.

if that is the case it’s goodnight FMT for me. Why don’t they just offer different levels of graphics for different types of tablet?? Ie low, medium, high?

probably a good thing. At my age I should be reading books and watching The Bodyguard anyway 🤓

51 minutes ago, steam just is said:

That’s sad to hear. Loved the game. Like I said to Lucas earlier this year, if you’re going to make a lower quality product just be honest about it. And if it’s the only way to justify finically then fair enough. But the game was also bug ridden like no other product I’ve bought from SI., which shows total neglect.

if that is the case it’s goodnight FMT for me. Why don’t they just offer different levels of graphics for different types of tablet?? Ie low, medium, high?

probably a good thing. At my age I should be reading books and watching The Bodyguard anyway 🤓

Haha I’m 40+ but still love a bit of interactive entertainment and I find the iPad is great for this while my wife sits down and reads books and watches the bodyguard!

I mentioned on here myself they should offer different levels of graphics too. Everything else is fine and the new tactics system looks like it’s good from the few vids I’ve seen. It’s just the bloody match engine graphics that spoil it for me. You’d think then maybe just play it in 2d but that was awful too on 18 wasn’t it. Never known a game to go backwards from the previous year graphics wise until fm18. 

Exactly mr,Manager. FM17 meant you could wait for the missus to drift asleep and play until  2am😂!

sure we’re not alone on this and maybe they understand that making graphics worse YoY is offensively against type in an industry which strives to justify annual releases with ever more lifelike images.

Archived