Allow us to change the order of player attributes

kiickiii

The order of player attributes changes depending on the game language. I'm used to the Norwegian player attributes order, but I will be playing with English language this year, but I find the player attributes to be kinda all over the place. I'm sure I could eventually get used to it, but it would be nice if we could: Click+hold, and drag player attributes vertically to change the order.

I have wanted this for years, and I have previously tried to change from Norwegian game language to English, but I gave up after I couldn't get used to the English player attributes order. I also think that this feature would be easily implemented.

If this gets implemented, I'm sure that it will feature in the full version of Football Manager, but as Touch user on PC, I would appreciate if this feature could also be implemented on Football Manager Touch for PC.

I agree. While I always played with the English order (there neither was a German version nor did I ever want one), there have been quite a few occasions I wanted some attributes ordered differently depending on my system. Especially my fetish preference of having Acceleration and Pace closer together.

Playing devil's advocate, would you really want to do that? With it as it is, I can instantly look at someone else's screenshot and recognise the attribute layout and also the key ones I'd normally look for. Wouldn't it be a bit of a mess if every screenshot had attributes in different orders?

It being easily implemented isn't the issue here. Attributes are sorted alphabetically (remember Creativity changing to Vision) and so even that change took a lot of getting used to.

OP does bring up an interesting point about the different languages having different orders. Although I only play in English, I imagine it must be difficult for someone playing in another language to easily assess a player from a screenshot in English.

So, I'd ask the question - instead of allowing us the change, shouldn't attribute screens be standard in any language?

On 19/10/2018 at 18:37, HUNT3R said:

Playing devil's advocate, would you really want to do that? With it as it is, I can instantly look at someone else's screenshot and recognise the attribute layout and also the key ones I'd normally look for. Wouldn't it be a bit of a mess if every screenshot had attributes in different orders?

It being easily implemented isn't the issue here. Attributes are sorted alphabetically (remember Creativity changing to Vision) and so even that change took a lot of getting used to.

OP does bring up an interesting point about the different languages having different orders. Although I only play in English, I imagine it must be difficult for someone playing in another language to easily assess a player from a screenshot in English.

So, I'd ask the question - instead of allowing us the change, shouldn't attribute screens be standard in any language?

Sorry for the late reply. You have a good point. Looking at other peoples screenshots isn't really something I do, so I never really gave that a thought, but I do understand what you mean. I would give my vote to having the same player attributes order for any language, so it would be non alphabetically of course. How it is now with an alphabetic order, you will still see different attributes order depending on the language, but I guess that English is the most common language being used, so it's not such a big problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived