Team colours not matching main kit colours

Something that has confused me in recent editions of FM is the main club colours and choices used to represent some clubs. Most of the club colours seem to be either red/blue/black with white text which differs to the main colours of their home kit. For example in the playthroughs of FM 19 alpha, Leverkusen is red/white but their main kit is black/red. Is there something I'm missing as to why these colours were chosen or is it just for aethetics?

59 minutes ago, nickoo said:

Something that has confused me in recent editions of FM is the main club colours and choices used to represent some clubs. Most of the club colours seem to be either red/blue/black with white text which differs to the main colours of their home kit. For example in the playthroughs of FM 19 alpha, Leverkusen is red/white but their main kit is black/red. Is there something I'm missing as to why these colours were chosen or is it just for aethetics?

For the most part it is for readability issues for example red on blue text for the likes of Barcelona and Crystal Palace is unreadable for a lot of people, so the text is changed to white (or in the case of those sides to yellow - in cases like these just think of the text colour as the shirt number colour instead of the stripe colour) so you can read it.

The colours selected for the most part are down to the researchers, but considering the many varied kit designs around it's not always that easy to reduce them to two colours and looking at Leverkusen it doesn't help in their case that normally they have a red home kit but this year have gone with a black one so do you use their historic colours or the current kit colour? (Though I'd agree with you it should be black/red).

It can also be due to licensing issues, as the German sides are now licensed so the colours that are set may have been determined by the license in which case SI's hands are tied.

Archived