Assistant Coach, Chief Scout, who to believe?

My current staff has an assistant manager who has 16 Current Ability, 19 Potential Ability. My Chief Scout has 18 and 18.

It seems like every time I scout a player and then acquire him, my assistant manager's opinion of the player is always lower than the Chief Scout's opinion (I assume when scouting a player I'm getting the Chief Scout's opinion, this is FMT 18 and there's no option to assign someone specific when I hit Scout player.)

Does that make sense that the Asst. Coach always has a lower opinion of a scouted player once they're acquired?

As Fraz says, both staff members are assessing and comparing with your current squad from differing viewpoints. You Chief Scout may have watched him play a few games at his former club, the AssMan is working with him day-to-day and judging his performance/ability based on training drills and exercises as well as match performances.

If both were looking from the same vantage point, ie, both watching the same game he played in, I would let the Chief Scout's assessment shade it for me - simply down to the 2 point difference but, so little in it to be honest. 

What do YOU think of the player? His attributes should lead you anyway.

Archived