Defending

Abit of a background,I'm currently playing FM15 with 1290hrs experience currently managing Sheffield Utd.High defensive line with solid and pacy defender is one my main Philosophy.It have gone great and I've enjoyed good times.

But it has always been frustrating when i can't get an agile defender as the sluggish Backs got left trailing by Opposition Wingers and strikers.This happened in my Club and we're on losing streak now,It has been half of the season and looking like we're destined to be relegated to Sky Bet League 1 😨😭.

So the main question here:How does one build a solid defence with snail defenders?I'm listening to any guides as i gave up on my tactic tinkerings.

On 20/10/2018 at 17:01, M4nager1a said:

Abit of a background,I'm currently playing FM15 with 1290hrs experience currently managing Sheffield Utd.High defensive line with solid and pacy defender is one my main Philosophy.It have gone great and I've enjoyed good times.

But it has always been frustrating when i can't get an agile defender as the sluggish Backs got left trailing by Opposition Wingers and strikers.This happened in my Club and we're on losing streak now,It has been half of the season and looking like we're destined to be relegated to Sky Bet League 1 😨😭.

So the main question here:How does one build a solid defence with snail defenders?I'm listening to any guides as i gave up on my tactic tinkerings.

I haven't play FM15, but in situations such as the one you described, basic logic suggests a lowering of your d-line. I don't know which formation you are using, but if you do not use anyone in defensive midfield, I think you should consider someone to provide some defensive cover. You can also deploy a sweeper keeper provided you have a GK with suitable attributes. However, in order to give you more meaningful advice, we would need to know a lot more about your overall tactic. Because defending is not only about your defenders, but (more or less) the entire team. Opposition instructions can also be a useful tool, even though many FM players tend not to use them.

Archived